Import fixed tra-file

Started by arj0n, Fri 17/10/2008 15:46:14

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

I have a translation file with lines corrected, how can I replace the original file with this edited version?

if fixtrans tools is the only option: that link is broken (http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/fixtrans.exe)

Makeout Patrol

Just overwrite the old .tra with the new one, open the editor, right-click on the translation you've updated, and click "compile."

arj0n

shayavr

I'm using AGS ver 2.72
The help pages explain how to add translations but not how to replace the game's default..

Does anyone knows how to do this?
the dude abides

Khris

The default setting uses the actual lines typed into the various scripts, so you'll have to change all .Say lines etc. manually.

arj0n

I don't get it...

There is a game in englisch,
This game got spelling mistakes,
Text file is exported,
(note: it's not a translation but a spellingerrors-fix)
Spelling mistakes' been fixed.
Now there seem to be no way to (re)import this fixed version of the text file???

Khris

This is definitely a good suggestion for a future version, but currently that's not possible afaik.
The only way is to put the fixed lines into the blanks, then use it like a regular translation (by choosing it in winsetup).

.M.M.

It is possible- right click your translation in AGS editor and select "Make default language". It will replace text in your game with edited translation text (it will do nothing with empty lines).

arj0n

Somehow it's still not clear to me...

After exporting the translation file:

I can translate all the text into another language using the blank lines, that's clear.

But what if you wanna correct spelling errors in the original lines?
Can I, after correcting them (not using the blank lines but overwrite the errors),
just import it back in the game (like overwriting the old one with the spelling errors)?

Or do I have to use the blank lines to put there the correct lines (in the same language),
import it and make that the default language file?
If so, I still have the language with the spelling errors as an option for the game player
to select in the winsetup.exe, (if I'm right)

I just would like to REPLACE the spelling error version of the language file with the new
corrected version. With Mirek's option I still have the spelling error version in the game....

So, to make it short:
Am I stuck with two versions of the language files in the game, making one of them default
Or can I replace the old one?

Khris

Do this:
-Create a new translation, name it "spelling".
-Open it in Notepad, and put the corrected lines below the ones with the spelling errors, in the blank lines.
-Save the textfile, close Notepad.
-Right-click the translation in AGSEditor, select "Make default language", confirm any message boxes.
-Delete the translation.

Now every line that had a corrected version below it got replaced with that corrected one, and your game won't have a translation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk