AGS Support > Advanced Technical Forum

Tip of the Day suggestions

<< < (2/8) > >>

LimpingFish:
SSH, you're such a dirty big pimp! I agree with you're suggestions, though, and Monkey's.

I think the Tip of the Day feature would also be a good place to highlight some of the most requested basic scripting solutions. Using a inventory item on a hotspot, changing character views, the old "locked door" conundrum, etc. Of course, these are scripting tips, and not technically related to the workings of the actual editor itself, but I think they would prove popular.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens:
Press the 'F' key to quickly flip frames in views.

The Character's Loop variable may be set manually to change their direction without using FaceLocation.

Stuck and the AGS help file isn't solving your problem?  Try searching the official forums for a solution, and if there is none, post your question!

Want an object that can change rooms and talk?  Use a Character instead!

By setting the LightLevel of a Region you can effectively make a room lighter or darker without having to redraw it.

Want to organize your sounds, music, and speech?  Try the Audiomanager plugin!

Ghost:
"After making a walk-behind area, don't forget to set its baseline!"

"You can select multiple sprites and move/delete them!"

"You can make a template out of any game to use it later- just make your GUI and save it as a template!"

"You can add a custom icon to your game and setup."

Laukku:

--- Quote from: Ghost on 18 Oct 2008, 02:36 ---"After making a walk-behind area, don't forget to set its baseline!"
--- End quote ---

This reminds me... Wouldn't it be more logical to have walk-behind areas be always drawn on top by default, if one forgets to set its baseline?

Trent R:

--- Quote from: Laukku on 18 Oct 2008, 07:46 ---This reminds me... Wouldn't it be more logical to have walk-behind areas be always drawn on top by default, if one forgets to set its baseline?

--- End quote ---
No, because what if your walkbehind is something like a table? On one side, you'd be behind it. On the other side you'd be in front/on top of it.

As for a tip,
"Want to make a game other than an adventure game? It's possible with AGS if you know how to script."

"There is a 'Recruit A Team' thread in the forums where you can post about your project to recruit other team members. Or you can browse through the recent posts and find someone that's already submitting their talents to the public."

That's all I got for now, though I will back up the ones that have been already said.
~Trent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version