Short story into Game! Help!

Started by Jraman1, Mon 19/01/2009 03:09:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Jraman1

I wrote a short story for fun but think that it would be cool transformed into a game! However, I have NO game creating experience and would like somone else to create it.
P.S. just credit me in the end! :)
The Humans are Dead....We used Poisonous Gasses and we poisoned their......

Play_Pretend

What's your story about?  Sharing details might get somebody interested. :)

Jraman1

It's about a cabin boy who adventures with pirates that travel to an island where they get into a hard situation while mining for jam rocks(worlds most valuable thing) out of a giants toes. It's kinda a comedy type and it's pretty short so the game version could expand on the story. I will send the story to whomever I feel is right for the game(I will look at the past games they worked on).

Layabout

There is a feature in AGS called 'Make my Game'. Why don't you use that?
I am Jean-Pierre.

Jraman1

OneDollar

It was removed when AGS went to version 3

ALPHATT

/sig

Galen

you could.... learn ags... ;)

If you have no experience with scripting it might take you a bit longer but it's definitely not the hardest thing in the world. Especially not with the new streamlined version 3.something.

Jraman1

I would much rather just get somone with experience to create this game. I much rather prefer just writing the story for the game. So if anyone could help me just put a little team together that would be great!

gcrussell1

Quote from: Jraman1 on Mon 19/01/2009 20:43:48
I would much rather just get somone with experience to create this game. I much rather prefer just writing the story for the game. So if anyone could help me just put a little team together that would be great!
Perhaps you should post the short story somewhere for people to read, so they can see if they like it enough to make it into a game. To be honest, it's highly unlikely that a team of people is going to gather to turn your short story into a game unless you are willing to be involved in the creation. If you don't want to learn all the technical details of AGS, you might still be able to contribute to puzzle design, story integration, and dialogue writing, for instance.

ALPHATT

I don't think he should spoil his story ideas.

I recommend familiarazing yourself with game design. If you don't wanto to code the game that's ok but designing the game is not just writing the story. If you want to see
a professional game design document I suggest looking at Al Lowes' LSL5 game design document.
/sig

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk