William Asted and the Rise of the Sciuridae prologue

Started by jusamus, Wed 12/11/2008 08:38:59

Previous topic - Next topic

jusamus

A school project. We aimed at doing a whole episode, but alas, deadlines brought us down. Anyway, we succeeded in making a short but fun game. This prologue ain't over until you see the final credits!  :)

http://www.students.oamk.fi/~s5tuju00/game/Valmis.zip

Edit: Here are some screens

Leon

Nice one. Good humor. Good graphics, funny effects.

I didn't like the repeatingly actions though. Twice should be enough. And a manual near the C64 would be nice as well... or at least a way to get the basic commands....? It's that I happen to know the commands but if you don't.. :-(

But... finish the game please.... I'd like to see what's on the 3rd level and in the basement ;-)

[edit]
Perhaps you could post some screenshots here so people know what it looks like?
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Screenshots aren't required for completed games, though some kind of description would be welcome.

ildu

Not to trump my doings too much, but I personally never download any ags game without first seeing a screenshot of it. A picture is worth a thousand words, and all that jazz :D.

Dualnames

This looks very very very good. Upload a screenshot man.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

saluk

Wow, really fun game.  Would like to se it extended.  Also it is missing some voice for some of the lines.  It is better to have no voice than only some voice in my opinion.  But complete voice would be best!

Art is great, humor is good, and puzzles are pretty interesting too.  I had to look up the c64 commands, hehe.

But yeah, main complaint is far too short.

Nostradamus

Wow.. that was... short.
It was fun while it lasted. But very very short. Unexpectedly short. I loved the way that
Spoiler
you have to be drunk to solve some puzzles and sober to solve others
[close]
The C64 parser was a nice touch but how many people do you expect to actually not only be famliar with C64s but also remember the commands?   Considering C64 went obsolete about 20 years ago. I had to use the walkthrough to do that part.
Really looking forward to the next chapter, hopefully it's longer.

biorogue

where is the walkthrough? need help on the c64 commands, assume it has something to do with getting the codes for the elevator?

Leon

Someone called for a walkthrough?. The commands are:

Spoiler
type LOAD “$”,8 followed by LIST. There’s only one program so, LOAD “*”,8,1 will run the application and show you the note.
[close]

By the way, the hints & tips section is the best place to ask this. Just search there or create a new topic if it doesn't exist ;-)

poc301

Commodore commands!!

I remember playing Karateka back in the day..

Load "*", 8, 1

Ahhh.. The good old days.

This game looks neat, I might download it and give er a try.

-Bill

Alarconte

Anybody more gots a trojan alarm with the executable? I tried two times to extract the game from .rar after cleaning the computer in the first alarm, and got the alarm the second time :S
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

Leon

Now that you mention it... I get a Backdoor.Hupigon5.IZM warning from AVG. Also in the new download. Hmmm... let's check it out.

Khris

It looks like AVG falsely detects the trojan in 2.72's acwin.exe (which is included in every game's exe).
It's safe to ignore.

arj0n

Avast says no problem...
It's probably a "lookalike signature", don't worry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk