AMTAG - Another Medieval Themed Adventure Game

Started by shayavr, Fri 14/11/2008 16:58:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Play_Pretend

Rough around the edges, but this is actually a cute and fun little game!  I'm still playing it, but I like it...the character animations are pretty funny, I totally vacuumed the carpet. :)  Seems like quite a bit of Monty Python-similar-esque humor.  Good job!

bicilotti

I'm enjoying this game much.

The graphics and palletes are very simple but enjoyable and the animations are really cute.
Short, punchy lines do the rest, I really must say thank you!

One minor remark: there's a lot of walking in this game and I haven't found anywhere a GUI which allows me to set the main character's speed.

Other than that, great game, hope to see more from you!

Leon

Great job. Maybe not the cup but still.. very well done.

I love the minimalistic characters and the animation. Although some can be polished a bit and maybe a bit more animation to compensate the pixels (doors, gates, etc). Something for the 'deluxe' version? Because this one is well worth it.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

bicilotti

I somewhat liked the ending!

As Leon, I'd really like to see a deluxe version maybe with

Spoiler
some more hints on the puzzles. I've missed Tor losing his dog the first time, and I had hard time finding what to do thereafter.
Also, skippable cutscenes (like the one where you enter in the hut).
[close]

I read on the game page someone complained about spelling: being italian I cannot judge, maybe you can ask some british fellow to help you to Achieve Good Spelling  ;D.

shayavr

glad you liked it..
the spelling was checked and corrected, maybe it was a reference to the Shakespearean gibrish in the texts, but that was deliberated.

author's comment:
the ending is roughly based on the ending of "Monty Python and the holy grail" and the musical "spamalot"  with a small tribute to AGS  8)

Deluxe version is always a possibility  :)
the dude abides

saluk

I enjoyed this game a lot.  As mentioned, walking around and having to redo certain things (watch cutscenes, use the invitation every time you enter the castle) does get a bit irritating by the end.  I found this game a bit easy, but then I like a game that makes me think a little but not feel like I need to ask for help.  I think the puzzles were a bit too obvious though.  The references to the bad art were a good laugh!  The art was simple but quite endearing.

Dualnames

Downloading!!I'll tell you what I think of it..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk