Empty mind blank fate

Started by robvalue, Mon 17/11/2008 12:22:00

Previous topic - Next topic

robvalue

I am totally stuck, if anyone could give me a hint please as to what do next that would be cool!

Spoiler

I've got 2 scraps of pictures, one of which I've managed to put on the quadrants in the attic, the other one won't seem to be put onto them. I think I've found all the rooms including the hidden one in the attic and down the pipe, although I haven't got to the left of the giant if that's possible.

The only things I can see that can be done next is the lump in the carpet in one of the rooms, he says he needs a solvent but nothing I have works. Also it seems I need more picture scraps for the quadrants, or maybe I can make the laptop work. I have also copied down the strange signs in the attic but have no idea what to do with it, I got a bunch of other items like matches and cologne and constructed engine I haven't used yet. I can't open the little wooden box. I think I've been in all the rooms unless there are more hard to reach ones. I've really run out of ideas! A little hint please? :)
[close]

Stefano

Hey, robvalue. I went a little bit further than you and got stuck too.

Here's what I did that you didn't yet:
Spoiler
solvent: you have to mix two things that are already in your invetory! ;)
I did it by accident, so I think it would be nice if there were hints about what to do.
scraps: They'll only stay on their quadrants if you put them in the right order.
There are hints about this one. Look more carefully in your inventory...
[close]
And here's what got me stuck:
Spoiler
if you have payed attention to the conversation you had with the giant, you probably went looking for his lighter in the basement.
Well, I managed to get the lighter and then got the "wallnut paste" (Is that the correct name?) described on the torn book sheet.
My bet is that we must use it to make some ink for the pen. It says we should mix it in water.
problem: (wondering if it's a bug) after adding the water to the bowl in the kitchen, it won't let me add the "walnut paste" in order to create the ink.
[close]
Trying to make my first AGS game.

robvalue

Thanks for your help Stefano, I'll give it a try!

As for where you are stuck, I think I can help as I've made some progress in that area:

Spoiler
You need another ingredient to add after the water but before the walnut paste. Again not really very clear, I did this by random trial.
[close]

Stefano

Oops. :-[
Spoiler
I think I mixed the names up. The giant gives you Arabic Gum (which is what I currently have) and not Walnut Stain and that's why I couldn't add it to the water. Where did you find it?
[close]

robvalue

Spoiler

OK I played it through again to see what I did :)

Once you have got the green liquid from the pantry left of the kitchen, you have to look at your recipe sheet again (from the book in the library) and Engel works out it is walnut stain. Then you put the water in the bowl as you have done, then you put in the walnut stain, then the gum arabic that the giant gives you after giving him his lighter, and the recipe is complete!

Maybe I'm playing a different version to you, as you seem to be saying the giant gave you the walnut stuff! If it still doesn't work we'll see if we can figure out what's happened.

[close]

maggie

I've put all four scraps in place but don't know what to do next. Can you guys help?

Stefano

robvalue,
It's like I said. I mixed up the names!
Spoiler
I did get the Arabic Gum from the giant and not the Walnut stain!
[close]

Oh, my. It's worse that we could have anticipated.
The reason I was stuck:
Spoiler
I didn't see the pantry to the left of the kitchen and thus never found the green liquid! :o
[close]
So, thanks for the tip. ;D

maggie,
Not there yet but will post as soon as I have the answer.

EDIT (major spoilers!):
Spoiler
Entered the woods and got soap by the washtub.
Went further to the right and clicked a button that activated something (don't know what, though!).

Inverted the fountain water direction using a switch in the hut. Grabbed the twig!

Main gate: use twig to open the lid of the tank and use soap to react with gas.
[close]
And stuck again...

EDIT2 (more spoiling!):
Spoiler
There's a string hanging on a pole by the washtub. Pretty hard to find. The rest is pretty intuitive! ;D
[close]

EDIT3: Finished! Yay!

maggie

Stefano
            how did you get to the woods, I;m still going round aimlessly. Have put fragments in place but can't seem to move on from that. Your help would be appreciated

Leon

Did you see the three buttons on the left?
Spoiler
Push them in the correct order and push the painting above it...
[close]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

robvalue

Ah oh yes, so you said Stefano sorry! My mind is muddled ;) Glad to help.

Stefano

Quote from: maggie on Tue 18/11/2008 15:46:01
Stefano
            how did you get to the woods, I;m still going round aimlessly. Have put fragments in place but can't seem to move on from that. Your help would be appreciated

I'm sorry maggie! I assumed that you were already...
Spoiler
...outside the house. That's what happened to me anyway, after I placed all fragments in their corresponding quadrants.

problem:You may have exploited a bug I've already reported without knowing it: if you take the fragment from the portrait twice, you'll still be able to place the replica in the next quadrant as if it was a unique one!!!
solution: In this case, you'll probably have to restart/load the game, since the last fragment must be obtained from the guy behind the portal (that can be opened by following what Leon said)
[close]

robvalue,
No problem! I hope you managed to finish the game too.  ;)

my dog

Im stuck trying to find water to make the mixture i have all the other ingredients help anyone thanks

Leon

There's some water in the kitchen.

Spoiler
You can find water in the teapot. But you need something to pour it in.
[close]

my dog

thanks for reply i thought it was the tea pot but ive tried all sorts to get it but cant can u give a little push please thanks

Leon

To take the water you should:
Spoiler
go up the stairs next to the giant. In the room behind the right door on the north wall (second from the right of all doors) you can find a kids PLAYING CUP in the cupboard.
[close]

my dog

hi im stuck again, ive put all 4 fragments of picture in but dont know what to do now?  I see 3 circles on the wall but I cant do anything with them help me please thanks

Leon

You can push them. You don't see it but listen...
Spoiler

Push them in the correct order, followed by the painting above it.
[close]

mdyoung40

the computer tells me to use capitals on the first letter of the name,i did and it keeps telling me that,never did get the ending,help please,thanks

Leon

The name is:                               
Spoiler
Engel
[close]

mdyoung40

thats what i wrote with a capital E and it keeps saying the same thing.thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk