BESIEGED: Or, How to Get Out of a Castle.....

Started by Baron, Sat 29/11/2008 04:51:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Announcing.....
BESIEGED
Or, How to Get Out of a Castle..... Without Being Catapulted

A short and silly adventure game by Baron and Yarooze.

PLOT:
        The king is besieged in his castle by the evil Count Bleicher.  Food and time are running out for the defenders.  In desperation the king hatches a scheme to catapult a messenger over the enemy to bring reinforcements.  The only problem is that, even to the deeply ignorant medieval mind, catapulting means almost certain death to the one experiencing it.  Naturally the top soldiers shirk the honour onto someone lower down the hierarchy, until the buck finally stops at the lowly Dung Shoveler. 
   The Dung Shoveler must now break the siege and save the castle.  Success may well win him the heart of the Sexy Servant Girl, while failure will bring certain death, either at the hands of the besiegers or his own side!  You must guide the Dung Shoveler through this short but potty-humoured adventure.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
       -Music by Funkmast
       -Lots of silly dialogue
       -Did I mention the potty humour?

***There's a tid-bit of medieval violence and a lot of dung in this game.  If this makes you squeamish then.... well, too bad for you.  Otherwise......

DOWNLOAD NOW

Leon

Nice one. Good puzzle, funny dialogs. Sometimes bit difficult to read though. The hand-icon is also somewhat 'clumsy' to operate. But maybe that suits the character :-)

The 'undo' is amazing since I hardly ever save my games. Well done!

The music is also very contributing to the medieval atmosphere. Good job! My first thought was a clone of Damsel but it's certainly not.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

robvalue

Great game! I really enjoyed it, well put together and very funny. And gross! Haha. A very nice style indeed.

Thank you! Highly recommended for everyone to play.

Some minor points for thoust perusal:

Spoiler

If you talk to the bully guard after drugging him, he wakes up again and talks to you, I assume this wasn't meant to happen?

The death sequences are very funny indeed! But once you've died that way and accidentally end up dying the same way... there is a lot of dialogue for some of them, and being able to press Esc to skip would be nice.
[close]

cat

Hi!

As robvalue mentioned above, there is some kind of walking dead.

Spoiler

I've done everything and gave the king the soup but I've accidently woken up the guard and I do not have the cup and bucket anymore to make him sleep again.
[close]

Besides that, I like the game.

Baron

Version 1.01 is up, fixing the "Wake Up" bug (I hope).

Thanks for all the comments -we're glad the game is being enjoyed!

Baron

Funkmast

*opens a bottle of champagne* ****POOO :o OOFFFFF****

Good job, I hope you guys enjoyed "working" with me like I did with you ;D

Inkoddi

I enjoyed it thoroughly and actually managed to finish the game in one sitting without getting bored or going mad. I could also stand the music, hooray!

I will recommend this to all my dung shoveling friends who have been far underrepresented in the point and click adventure game department and therefore slightly gruff.

In conclusion: Good.

arj0n

Quote from: Baron on Sat 29/11/2008 16:38:06
Version 1.01 is up, fixing the "Wake Up" bug (I hope).

I've really enjoyed this game, but for now I'm finished shoveling dung. :D
Nice humour, story, music & animations and there's even a poop-"minigame" included. ;D

One minor thing: I played v1.01 but I could still wake up the guard.
Which resuls in having no entry to the dungeon anymore aka dead-end ::)

An overall well done game, good job!

Baron

....always trying to wake up the guard  ::).
       Alright, version 1.02 fixes -in a more comprehensive way -the bug that should have been fixed in version 1.01, namely the wakeful guard walking dead.  There are also a few spelling corrections.  Let me know of any further bugs and I shall ZAP them!
       Always glad to hear more people are enjoying the game.

Baron

kaputtnik

Very nice game, it's a shame that it was so short, I just starting enjoying the atmosphere, I could have kept on playing for quite a while. Hey, and the soundtrack: That shit is hot!
I, object.

Matti

Really nice game; graphics, dialogs, animations as well as the music were very appealing. The only thing that bothered me were the inventory graphics. The items had all different sizes and sometimes overlapped (plus the inventory arrows didn't make any sense).

Well yes, the end was too sudden and a bit disappointing. Another story of The Great Dung Shoveler shall be told soon I say...

ThreeOhFour

Splendid game, with nice colourful graphics and funny animations! Also the music was much radical!

This may be the first game I've ever played where I've had to "force the issue" as well ;)

Kaelem Gaen

Very entertaining game.   Took me a second try to figure out how to win,  is there a plan for more Adventures of Dung Shoveller?  I hope so.
~ Chaos, panic, disorder...  My work is done here. ~

robvalue

It's a little known fact that Pythagorus was a dung shoveller.

While shovelling dung one day, a sudden thought struck him.

He ran to the guy who made him shovel dung all day and proclaimed, "I just realised something, if you add the squares of the lengths of the two shorter sides of a triangle, it will always be equal to the square of the length of the longer side!"

The guy thought for a minute, then replied, "Does that help you shovel dung?"

"Not really..."

"Well shut up then."

The Franceman

I just finished it, it was really funny even if it was too short. I do agree with the others, this needs a sequel. :)

I can even imagine how he would to with the vikings. :)

splat44

Actually, download link isn't working!

I hope that baron can look into it?

Dualnames

Quote from: splat44 on Tue 02/12/2008 09:18:45
Actually, download link isn't working!

I hope that baron can look into it?

It appears that the whole server of the Baron's down. Check his avatar.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Trent R

It's back up (cause I'm DLing right now!) I'm excited to play this game.

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

qptain Nemo

That was hilarious! Nice humour, nice ideas, nice graphics, nice everything!
Mixing that old English and nobility with such rough jokes was fun.
I don't know about a sequel but please do continue making games and bringing such fun.

And hey, that's the only AGS game on my memory that has the right and awesome 'undo' thing, shouldn't we be seeing it more often, eh? o_O

blueskirt

Fun game! However, I accidentally stumbled on a bug.
Spoiler
It's possible to give the bucket of water to the maid before she's actually washing the floor, which kind of break the flow of the story a bit.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk