Sprite Jam Gender Bender -- 02 December - 16 December (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!)

Started by pslim, Tue 02/12/2008 19:59:06

Previous topic - Next topic

pslim

I want to see your favorite literary, television, film, or comic character getting in touch with their feminine or masculine side. This can involve simply spriting the male version of a female character, or putting a male character in female stance and attire, or anything in between.

Please post a link or pic of the character's original presentation for us to compare with your sprite!

Entries must be no greater than 200x200, can include any number of colors, and should not include a background (although you can mock one up next to your entry just to show us what that would look like if you desire).

Original characters following a gender bending theme are acceptable but existing characters with altered gender characteristics are preferred.

Let's get bendy!

Trophies you'd rather not display, for your enticement:

pilferinloot

Ahaha, nice theme choice, I can't not enter this. Expect an entry....sometime soon.

EDIT:
Okay so, I know the rules don't say anything about video game characters but there was a show starring the male version of this sprite. So I present to you Super Maria!

With this as a reference.

Let me know if this entry doesn't work, since I didn't actually use the show itself as a reference.

Ghost

I find it hard to resist anything that involves drawing boobies  ::)

Will the Mansion ever be the same?

Reference: http://www.tentakelvilla.de/dott/bernard.gif
170x170, 33 colours. Obviously for a high-res game, possibly with lens phlares.

Gilbert

This has been done before but there's nothing wrong to do this again. :=

I did think of entering the last one, but my sprite was bad and didn't finish it on time. Maybe I'll try again this time. :D

Seems that things went faster than expected.

"Heya! I am Boobin Threadbare! Too bad you cannot see my pretty face without risking your lives~~~ <3"

pslim

Quote from: Gilbet V7000a on Thu 04/12/2008 02:19:47
This has been done before but there's nothing wrong to do this again. :=

Actually, buloght's thread called for redrawing adventure game characters as the opposite gender, which my prompt could conceivably include, but is not by any means restricted to. It didn't actually occur to me that it would be interpreted that way, but nevertheless, lovely entries from Ghost and Gil.

Eggie

On a bit of a Raquel Welch kick today.

Wait... Did I just TURN DOWN the opportunity to draw boobies?

Misj'

"They say that if you've had hunderds of women
and still haven't found what you're looking for...
you're looking at the wrong demographic."

Height of the character (from head to toe, not including the smoke: 200px)

-- non-shaded version --

For those who prefer a coloured outline:

-- non shaded version --

After seeing this thread, this was the first thing that came to me based on the rules (although strictly speaking he is not my 'favorite literary, television, film, or comic character'). So...you may know his from his leisure suit, but his friends call him Hairy Chest Harry (no one knows why they can't seem to remember his first name).

Ps. obvious reference pic

drpepperfan

I thought I'd try one of these, so...... it's tom servo. Sorry its so big, can anyone tell me how to get it like Gilbet's

pslim

Great entries so far everybody!  8)

Is anybody working on another entry? This one filled in quicker than I expected when I was allotting the time, so we can go ahead and wrap it up for the next person unless someone is working on an entry they still want to submit?  :=

space boy

I intend to enter this compo and take the deadline in the title for granted. I don't have much time to work on my sprite so I work on it a little every day and plan to submit it on the 16th. I'd be quite unhappy if this compo ended earlier.

(deleted)

Forgive me.

Sam.

Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Gilbert

Quote from: Zooty on Thu 11/12/2008 02:53:00
maybe bigger?

There is something else on him that should be bigger. :=

Also his shirt covers too much of his body. ;)

(...unless I get it as the wrong character)

Sam.

I bulged as much as pixels and decency would allow!

EDIT: ALright, here is a sexy shirtless version. For gilbot.

Bye bye thankyou I love you.

pslim

December 16 it is then.

Heh heh Zoot and Hofmeier made me snerk.  :=

Trent R

Hahahaha, excellent entries. I'm excited for other ones to pop up over the next 5 days.

~Trent
PS-Those trophies are disgusting, yet hilarious at the same time. :)
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

bog

don't really like how this turned out but i guess i'm outta time

it's supposed to be a short fat man's version of April O'Neil

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

There should be a law against what I have done.

colors and dimensions match the originals (aside from an additional red).

space boy

pslim

God, fantastic entries everybody. Now I have to choose. I hate this part.  :=

The best thing to do is just rip off the bandaid all at once!

3rd Place goes to Hofmeier! I loved the adaptation because she isn't just a big-boobed amazon in Trilby's clothes, she actually look like she might have his personality too.

2nd Place goes to space boy! Awesome entry just under the wire, and I have a feeling Duke would be very conflicted if he ran into her in a dark alley.  ;D Love the aggressive yet feminine stance.

1st Place goes to Misj'! Larry is the last person you'd expect to get a little fancy and yet it totally works because a horndog is a horndog. The sprite is also lovely and clean and true to the reference style.

It was a really tough choice, I enjoyed all the entries. Thanks to everyone for participating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk