Image linking into Forums

Started by drpepperfan, Fri 05/12/2008 16:41:11

Previous topic - Next topic

drpepperfan

I know this may seem like a basic question, but how do i upload a image from my Paint into a message?
It's for a Sprite Jam

RickJ

You will need to find your own hosting for for your image.  Upload the image to your server and then enclose the url in BB Code IMG tags.    The link below explains about BB Code and IMG tags.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/Themes/default/help/posting.english.html#bbcref

Khris

It was about time I got to post this again:

Trent R

Hosting services can easily be found by googling image host (sites like imageshack) and there is also a sticky in the C&C that you can use for short-term AGS-related pictures (such as a Sprite Jam entry)

And also, welcome to the forums! Can't wait to see your entry.

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

Domino

drpepperfan

Thanks for the help,  :) I didnt know about the imagehosting...

Trent R

Wow this is a jumpy topic. ;)

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

Nikolas

Quote from: KhrisMUC on Fri 05/12/2008 20:54:01
It was about time I got to post this again:

Say Kris. Can you share some info on how you did this again?

(and yes I quoted the image for fun, and also made this post for fun. silly fun, stupid me... haha  :P)

selmiak

why are there no clickable bb-icons used in this forum like in every other smf forum :(
As this makes posting a pain in the ass I tried everything in the settings and didn't find anything. We all like 90es Adventures games, but forum software is more interactive in the 2010s >:(

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

selmiak

for bb-code. Bulletin board code. as in like so:

makes formatting your post so much easier ;)

Tuomas

Oh man, but that'll make everyone format their posts into stupid ass hole non-conservative kind of, eh, posts. What we need is posts with minimun formatting. Bold I can take, italic, if not used too much, but underlining, no way!

Hudders

Quote from: Tuomas on Fri 06/05/2011 20:47:13
Oh man, but that'll make everyone format their posts into stupid ass hole non-conservative kind of, eh, posts. What we need is posts with minimun formatting. Bold I can take, italic, if not used too much, but underlining, no way!

Frankly I don't see the issue.

selmiak

I was rather looking for imagetags, linktags and maybe spoilertags. bold and italic are also nice.

Tabata

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 06/05/2011 21:07:37
I was rather looking for imagetags, linktags and maybe spoilertags. bold and italic are also nice.

+ 1          (without the "maybe")   8)

monkey0506

[b]bold[/b]
[i]italic[/i]
[img]http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4646/gnaaaoc1.png[/img]
[url=http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/]AGS[/url]
[hide]You can't see me![/hide]
[code]// this is some code[/code]
[pre]preformatted text[/pre]
If you copy those tags exactly, you'll get the following output:

bold
italic

AGS
Spoiler
You can't see me!
[close]
Code: ags
// this is some code

preformatted text

Note that if you quote my post you'll see that I've used the fact that SMF only does a shallow replacement of BB tags to my advantage. Besides..I think most of these (at least the first 4) are standard BBcode anyway.

You know..since the reference page is too hard to read.

Tabata

Hi monkey,

your modell looks nearly like mine.  :D

Since I always have to write my posts on a seperate document first (because of the translating and „proof-reading“), I have to do all those copy&pasteâ€"work over there, too. Otherwise I loose the overall view.  :-\

I prefer the templates, selmiak mentioned, because you can write your text like in „word“, simply mark the passages, you want to hide, change to bold or what ever and then change it by only a click on the the corresponding button.

This way I have less of those copy&paste pieces to do and get it done faster. I know, I'm lazy!  8)

But thank you for your offered assistance! I now can be sure, that there is no easier way for me, as I do it right now already.  ;D

Galen

I still don't know why we lack the buttons, the only thing its really remotely slowing down is those annoying folks who like to write like this; however I would expect them to be archaic enough web-wise to type out the code anyway.

Ryan Timothy B

What I would really like to see is the [code] to look more like AGS. With proper colors and such for strings and integers. etc. Blue for the If's Else's While's, etc.

That would be the icing on the breast for me.

Phemar

Quote from: Galen on Sat 07/05/2011 02:07:45
I still don't know why we lack the buttons, the only thing its really remotely slowing down is those annoying folks who like to write like this; however I would expect them to be archaic enough web-wise to type out the code anyway.

Like the folks who format their text like html.

AGS

lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk