[SUGGESTION] Hotspot.SetDescription(); writable property

Started by subspark, Sat 26/06/2010 07:38:27

Previous topic - Next topic

subspark

I would love to see a new writable property for hotspots that allow us to change their description properties during runtime.
I could have sworn this was already a well implemented feature but unfortunately for me, I was misinformed.

How I see it working is like so:
Code: ags
hDoor.SetDescription("locked door");

or perhaps even,

hDoor.SetDescription = "locked door";

Cheers,
Sparky.

Dualnames

You can always use properties to adjust yourself, but definitely that'd be very user friendly and cool.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ryan Timothy B

Well, you could always just change the label text whenever a bool is true.  Like:

label.Text = Game.GetLocationName(mouse.x, mouse.y);
if (lockedDoor && label.Text==hotspot[3].Name && player.Room==4) label.Text="Locked Door";

It could be all kept in the global script for organization, or simply just the room script.  Sure it's not as "professional" and seems like spaghetti coding, but it does work.  And there are instances where this could cause issues, but it could always be written better.

subspark

Thanks guys. We're already using workarounds but it would be nice to make use of official support.
Cheers,
Sparky.

Rocco

renaming hotspot descriptions would be very useful, i also have to deal with this issue.

subspark

Yeah I hope such a trivial feature makes a 3.3 beta.

Cheers,
Sparky.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk