AGS 3.3 Wishlist

Started by subspark, Tue 09/12/2008 03:34:03

Previous topic - Next topic

markbilly

The rest is all very complicated for me but I'm sure I could work through it. The problem I have though, is this...

Quoteswitch this gui on/off everytime you display dialog options/dont display them.

A simple visible check doesn't seem to work so this would require me to put a bit of code at the @S of EVERY dialog. I'm prepared to do that but is there an easier way?

If this is off topic, I suppose it's best to continue the discussion here.

EDIT: I got Mr Names on the case with this and he says it can't be done. So my request stills stands...

Knoodn

if suggested before, I'm seconding:

what I wish is a clickable property for objects in the proberty grid. when I use objects for walkbehinds and parallax scrolling I have to set this by script for every object.

an other wish is the possibility for descriptions for global variables in the global variables pane. after working over years on a project sometimes I can't remember what I thought by declaring  variables long ago  ;).

subspark

Quoteif suggested before, I'm seconding:

what I wish is a clickable property for objects in the proberty grid. when I use objects for walkbehinds and parallax scrolling I have to set this by script for every object.

Well I think your sixth'ing but I agree and I'm seventh'ing

Sparky :)

xerca

I wish to use both lip sync and looped speech views at the same game for different characters.

hedgefield

Sorting audio, views, characters etc by name would be really nice.

redspark

When assigning sprites to a view, could we be able to highlight all of the sprites for all of the loops and choose assign from the popup menu.  Then we designate the number of loops and then for each loop say what the direction and number of frames are.  That way we can define a complete view in one step rather than 8 assignments.  Thanks.

Buckethead

It would be great if all assets had a re-import function. It would really come in handing when making changes to sprites.

tzachs

I'm not sure what you mean here, BucketHead... You can re-import each sprite by right clicking it in the sprite editor and choosing replace in the context menu.

Calin Leafshade

I think he means a 1-click 'import from original source' button

cianty

Yes, I have often been thinking the same recently.

Maybe instead of importing the image directly there could simply be a text property where you specify the path from where to load the image and then there could be one button which will update all sprites from their paths. That would be really really useful.

I would have liked this especially when making walk cycles so all you need is to save in Photoshop, click update in the EGS Editor and you can imediately see the new walk cycle in action...
ca. 70% completed

tzachs

Ah, I see it now.  ::)
Yes, that would be very useful indeed...

cianty

That would be the same way as with the new sound system, wouldn't it?
ca. 70% completed

Dualnames

I  was sure I begged for this as well.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=34365.msg452253#msg452253

Guess now that there's more of us, the proposition may be considered more. ;)

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Buckethead

Dual, that is not actually the same thing. In that topic you request to export sprites while I request to have a Re-import button. Also, can't you already export sprites from the sprites manager?

Dualnames

yes, well, damn I'm stupid. :P
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Calin Leafshade

As I understand it, the sound system does this *automatically*on recompile but keeps a cached copy incase the original is moved or deleted.

So it seem a little inconsistent to introduce that behaviour unless CJ plans to do the same with sprites.

Wintermute behaves like this too.

cianty

Another very useful (and rather easy) addition: When you create a new frame in a loop you already automatically get the next picture from the previous picture's folder. This is great. Now what I would like to see is that if the previous image was flipped, the next one should be flipped too. That would be a small but very neat addition. :)
ca. 70% completed

subspark

Totally agreed. Little advantages like that add up to speed workflow! :)

Cheers,
Sparky.

rbaleksandar

I think that it'll be better if one has "Flip selected frames" in the context menu when you right-click on a selection of frames and the ability to select those you want to apply the flipping on. I'd also like a "Reverse selected frames", which will reverse the order of the selected frames (we have 1,2,3,...,n and after reverse: n,...,3,2,1).
I am a mighty pirate. Arrrrgh!

DoorKnobHandle

Customizable Idle Animation Speed

Please! :D

Link to a short thread.

At the moment, there seems to be no option apart from going through every frame and adding a -5 delay or something. I have 8 directions with 32 frames of idle animation each. NO WAY! ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk