Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

Ok, my turn.

I need a flashcard-like software. I don't know the exact word for what I'm searching actually, so let me explain with an example:

I'd like to have a software which prints on screen a sentence in a foreign language. Under it there's a form where I can type in the answer. Once I submit the sentence, a simple check is performed to see wheter the answer is correct or not.

I'd like to be able to add more sentences to the database / to have quizzes in both ways (from english to x-language and vice versa).

It seems easy enough to code in whatever-language-you-like, but it feels a waste of time if there's already something similar out there on the int3rnets.

Thanks in advance for nay help.

Wyz

Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

bicilotti

Atelier

Just now the forums were down for me. It soon picked up again, but I was just wondering whether there is a back-up plan if, for some reason, the forums went down permanently?

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: AtelierGames on Sun 24/01/2010 19:27:31
Just now the forums were down for me. It soon picked up again, but I was just wondering whether there is a back-up plan if, for some reason, the forums went down permanently?

Go to lookout point and flash your torch into the sky 3 times whilst wearing a single red rose in your lapel.

Someone will come for you.

InCreator

Quote from: AtelierGames on Sun 24/01/2010 19:27:31

Yes, the wall on CJ's house. We gather there and write onto it. Moderators carry bucket of water and a soap.

Atelier

But CJ told me off last time I wrote on his garden wall. It'll teach me to keep my distance next time... ::)

Joking of course. Although I love what you've done with your bedroom interior CJ.

InCreator

Quote from: AtelierGames on Mon 25/01/2010 09:46:11
But CJ told me off last time I wrote on his garden wall. It'll teach me to keep my distance next time... ::)

Joking of course. Although I love what you've done with your bedroom interior CJ.

That's because you were naked.  :-X

Atelier

Edit for new message: How do I set the language that appears on my profile? I can see no field for it.

bicilotti

Yet another question:

I'm lookin for an out of print book. Title is "100 Dictation exercises on the Thousand most-frequently used Words", written by Reginald Dutton.

I can't find it nowhere on the net. Is there a site where I can kind of place an "ad" (like "I'm searching for this and that") and can be contacted if someone has the item I'm interested into?
I'm sure someone's bound to have it, they just don't know I'm willing to buy it!

m0ds

Another one to add to the list, PC & video related:

Video files won't upload on youtube. Not had this problem before. All other uploading procedures are fine, ie FTP uploads, uploading photos to facebook. Videos used to upload fine but now my connection will upload maybe a meg at most and then nothing more, and the bar will stay in the same place and the upload never completes.

What could be wrong? Is there some settings in "internet options" i should have on/off? And what about Windows Firewall? You can't list websites as exceptions so what should I be looking for? Many thanks

Kweepa

Quote from: bicilotti on Sun 07/02/2010 14:57:27
I'm lookin for an out of print book.
Amazingly, it's not available at abebooks.com, but you can "Place a Want" on that site and when a bookstore gets it they will let you know. Not quite what you asked for but it might work out.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

bicilotti

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Sun 07/02/2010 20:06:29
Not quite what you asked for but it might work out.

Done! Let's see if that helps!

IndieBoy

Quote from: Mods on Sun 07/02/2010 17:56:17
Another one to add to the list, PC & video related:

Video files won't upload on youtube. Not had this problem before. All other uploading procedures are fine, ie FTP uploads, uploading photos to facebook. Videos used to upload fine but now my connection will upload maybe a meg at most and then nothing more, and the bar will stay in the same place and the upload never completes.

What could be wrong? Is there some settings in "internet options" i should have on/off? And what about Windows Firewall? You can't list websites as exceptions so what should I be looking for? Many thanks
Youtube has been rather buggy the last couple of weeks because of a major update.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Stupot

I asked about this on page 8, so sorry if I'm repeating things, but the problem was never resolved and now I really need to get my iPod working.

So yeh, basically my laptop doesn't recognise my iPod.
I have iTunes, my iPod is formatted for Windows and I've tried everything the Apple support site has to offer.
It must be a problem with my computer (backed up by the fact that my mobile phone doesn't talk to my computer either).

Any ideas from a Windows point of view? As I'm pretty sure everything Apple-related has been tried andseems to be in order...

Nikolas

Quick question:

I remember a movie about angles attacking men, because God gave up on humans, so he's sending the angels to kill the woman to bear birth to humans' saviour. A fallen arch angel is fighting the ords of God.

What's the name of this movie please?

discordance

Legion, perhaps? Just came out?

GarageGothic

Was Christopher Walken in it? It sounds a bit like The Prophecy/God's Army.

Ryan Timothy B

Stupot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk