Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

I'd use 'elaborate' but I think Andail already has his answer.

Tuomas

Hi. I have a question!

I need to find this great game I had once. I can't remember the name though. And I need to find out if I'm able to play it on my computer.

It was a jump 'n' run platformer with a green handless dinosaur. The dino had a huge head and. Oh, and it was an amiga game. The dino was bright green, not a robot, but a cartoony one. And I believe the game a had an awesome soundtrack... And now that I think of it, I believe the dinosaur was somewhat space related. Maybe.

Stupot

Hoi?

Apparently you can download the complete game from that page aswell.

Tuomas

Yeah! Man this looks awesome!

Oliwerko

Speaking of games, I have this unsolved thing:

I remember a game I played most probably on SNES emulator waaay back. I am almost sure it was called "Sink or swim" (but I may as well be totally wrong here). But not that cartoony sink or swim! (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/638/Sink+or+Swim.html)

This one was about you getting out of a sinking ship, you were a waiter or something (?) and it wasn't at all meant to be cartoony or funny. There were fires, the ship was turning and sinking and you had to make your way out.

I believe I don't remember anything else. It's been years I've been looking for this game with no success.
Perhaps some of you did encounter it?

Captain Ricco

Quote from: Oliwerko on Mon 26/04/2010 19:23:44
Speaking of games, I have this unsolved thing:

I remember a game I played most probably on SNES emulator waaay back. I am almost sure it was called "Sink or swim" (but I may as well be totally wrong here). But not that cartoony sink or swim! (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/638/Sink+or+Swim.html)

This one was about you getting out of a sinking ship, you were a waiter or something (?) and it wasn't at all meant to be cartoony or funny. There were fires, the ship was turning and sinking and you had to make your way out.

I believe I don't remember anything else. It's been years I've been looking for this game with no success.
Perhaps some of you did encounter it?

S.O.S., or Septentrion in the japanese version

Oliwerko

YAY!  :D

Thanks an awful lot, I've been looking for it for years.

Jared

...but nobody remember's Yahtzee's paranormal investigator's demo?

Tuomas

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 25/04/2010 12:04:27
Hoi?

Nah, there's no download link.

Misj'

Quote from: Tuomas on Tue 27/04/2010 08:14:29
Quote from: Stupot on Sun 25/04/2010 12:04:27
Hoi?

Nah, there's no download link.

Try here...
(it's on the developers website, referenced in Stupot's link; so I assume it's legal)

Tuomas

Yeah, I mean, I was kind of trying to find out if I could play it on my windows. Also, yes, I know there are emulators, but I can't be bothered.

Downloaded the soundtrack though ^^ http://ftp.df.lth.se/pub/media/soamc/soamc_mix/Digital_Mugician_1/Ramon/dmu.hoi-level-1_T01.mp3 par exemple

m0ds

If anyone has or can find Sunna - Forlorn mp3 please link me! One that isn't a torrent!

Sorted, thank you Fusiomax & Leon !

Fusiomax

@mods You can just rip it from youtube using any number of programs check out cnet download for programs to do so
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-to-MP3-Converter.htm
thats the one i use its good enough for what i want it to do and it rips the youtube vid's sound into an mp3 so no messing about with other programs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpkymfmYFck
and thats the song i believe you are asking about.
I'm listening to it, its really good

Fusiomax

Ooo! Ooo! Ive got a question!

there was this old game for the GBA i used to play, but the name was in japanese and i lost ages ago.
I only remember a few of things about it:
1) you played a young man living with his mother who's father died(?)
2)all you have to remember your father is an amulet
3)when you get to a certain age(the age you are in the game) there is this sort of ritual where you give up something close to you, in this case the amulet, answer some questions and a creature is summoned to be your companion.
4)there were a few different ones that could appear the only one i can remember is this kangaroo with red boxing gloves that could perform lightning attacks.
5)you, as do all young men/women, enter a tournament to get a scholarship as a smith.
6)it is based in a sort of pok'e'mon-esque(game boy versions, you know that sort of birds-eye view) view point when you are wandering around town.
7) when you go into a battle it goes all beatem up.
8)you can collect materials(ores and the likes) and craft weapons for you to battle with.
9)there were a few different weapons you could craft such as: these calw l;ike drills that sit over your firsts, different types of swords(broad, short, long), axes(great, small) and spears.

I know it was long and half opf it may have made no sense.

if anyone recognises the game please tell me what its called.

ThankYou

Fusiomax

Bulbapuck

Here's something I've been wondering for quite some time.

How do you do "semi-transperency"?

Like the feathers in my signature for instance, they have several pixels that aren't fully transparent, just somewhat transparent. How do you do that?

I'm using GraphicsGale and I've always had a lot of problems with normal transperency even. Can you do "semi-transperency" in GG or do I have to change program? Because looking through the manual, I found nothing...

Calin Leafshade

semi transparency is done with an alpha channel.. or rather an 8bit alpha channel.

you can think of an individual pixel as 3 numbers. 0-255 for red, blue and green.

Now add another number (again from 0 to 255) for 'alpha'. This determines the transparency.

GG *does* support alpha channels but i've no idea how they work in practice..

in photoshop or gimp though you can set the transparency of your brush/pen tool before you use it.

Bulbapuck

I guess I'll try gimp then.

Thank you Calin!

Calin Leafshade

Ok now I think I get it.

Tristram Shandy explains things in a very verbose and odd way.

I think what he is getting at here is the explanation of his life thus far through the previous volumes.. the curves indicate diversions from the 'straight path' where he goes off on a tangent.

some of the loops slant forwards to indicate a brief look into the future on some tangential note before coming back to the present day (in the sense of the narrative anyway)

Dualnames

To add more, I think he just says how much he strayed from the path he originally planned to write the book.
I am probably dead wrong.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

m0ds

Is there any way whatsoever to Invert look on Star Wars Battlefront for PS2?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk