Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

...there is no way to invert it :( Nor in Sith Lords!  >:(

If anyone can audio grab "I made this!" from the end of an X Files episode that would be splendiforous for me :)
Also audio of that classic logo: DIC!
And if anyone has a full version of the shh! Gracie Films logo music to boot... you're a pal :)

straydogstrut

Hi Mods,

Let me know if these are suitable:

imadethis.mp3

imadethislong.mp3

graciefilms.mp3

xfilesintro.mp3

xfilesoutro.mp3

DIC Logo - No luck so far, sorry. Unfortunately we don't seem to have any of the films/shorts listed as being produced by DIC (now Cookie Jar Entertainment), so unless you can suggest another film, it's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack, sorry. But I haven't really looked online yet, so maybe you could get it off YouTube?

Cheers

NsMn

What was first, chicken or egg?

Calin Leafshade

The egg.

For a chicken egg to be considered a chicken egg it needs to have a chicken inside it but it does *not* have to be laid by a chicken.

So the first egg which could be considered a chicken egg must have been laid *before* the first chicken since chickens come from eggs.

Tuomas

The chicken.

For an egg chicken to be considered an egg chicken it needs to have an egg inside it but it does *not* have to be laid by an egg.

So the first chicken which could be considered an egg chicken must have been laid *before* the first egg since eggs come from chickens.

Calin Leafshade

I think you just proved my point :p

Dualnames

The chicken.

The egg is part of the reproduction of the chicken, therefore could not exist without the chicken being there in the first place.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

IndieBoy

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Stupot

Haha Tuomas, you just put me in stitches.  ;D

NsMn

I'd say the chicken.

If the egg had been first, it would have been roundhousekicked by Chuck Norris, and we wouldn't have any chickens today.

Ryan Timothy B

That's like asking: What was first, human or embryo?
If you think about it, it's basically the same question.

Stupot

I'm sure there were other animals that laid eggs long before the chicken was invented.

straydogstrut

Quote from: Stupot on Sat 19/06/2010 20:27:12
I'm sure there were other animals that laid eggs long before the chicken was invented.

Lol, I like that: invented. I have visions of Blade Runner-style robotic chickens everywhere..

m0ds

Quote from: straydogstrut on Sat 19/06/2010 04:35:47
Hi Mods,

Let me know if these are suitable:Cheers

Great straydogstrut, yes they are perfect - thanks! Awesome little stings for my next disco - if perhaps a tad geeky ;D Thanks for the great quality audio. I can't get videos from YouTube but that's the least of my worries. I have no idea how to get vista to record stereo-mix! And it doesn't handle 16 MIDI channels very well either. I wish I had XP back! Many thanks though. May want to edit those links out! Keep an eye out for [the] suited men [from Fox] following you/me around. Take care  :=

PS. Ahh the DIC logo is pretty rubbish in comparison to those two! I found low quality versions on YouTube but that's all. You may find it at the end of a Real Ghostbusters animation, or Adventure Sonic Hedgehog TV show. But if not do not worry. You've provided plenty. Thanks again!

LimpingFish

Quote from: Mods on Sun 20/06/2010 00:29:16
I have no idea how to get vista to record stereo-mix! And it doesn't handle 16 MIDI channels very well either. I wish I had XP back!

The "What U Hear" or Stereo-Mix option has (some say) been disabled in Vista - up to date installations of Vista, anyhow.

I had the ability, and lately...I' don't. A lot of audio capture programs have ceased working - you can still choose to record from these outputs, but no sound is captured.

The only solution I have found is the latest I-Sound Recorder  from Abyssmedia. Or you can just connect your Line-out port to your Line-in port and shazam!

You can find out more here.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

straydogstrut

@Mods You're very welcome. I just ripped them off the dvds and chopped them up in Audacity. Other than that, i'm a bit clueless when it comes to sound editing, so i'm glad they turned out okay. I'll edit the links out in a couple of days, just let me know if you need them again.

--

I have a question of my own now. I'm posting here since I suspect this has been asked many, many times before, but I can't find an answer in the forums, sorry, and the search function crashes on me quite frequently=S

I want to know what programs folks would recommend for animating their sprites for showing on the forum? Not worried about in AGS since it handles it anyway, but how do people generate their gifs for competitions etc?

I know there's at least two huge topics on drawing applications and i've been through most of the ones that export gifs already, but i've had issues with each. I would normally use Photoshop > ImageReady i guess, but my computer's away for repair and i'm stuck with the crappy family pc until next week. So I've been trying to find some free alternative, preferably something that has layers and onion-skinning (I don't know how people make sprites without it in MSPaint anyway?)

Two that have come close are GraphicsGale and Pencil, and i've made all my frames in GG, but the free version of GG doesn't do gifs and I can't get the transparent backgrounds to export for some reason. Pencil is nice but a bit rough around the edges and artefacts appear when moving stuff around. I've gone through so many others, i've lost count now.

So, what would people suggest for exporting animations to show on the forum?

Thanks all

Jim Reed

Beneton Movie GIF is a lightweight tool for animating gifs that I use. It will auto convert PNG and BMP to GIF and has support for transparency. It's freeware.
(Thanks, NsMn!)

Anian

Quote from: Jim Reed on Mon 21/06/2010 15:04:54
Beneton Movie GIF is a lightweight tool for animating gifs that I use. It will auto convert PNG and BMP to GIF and has support for transparency. It's freeware.
(Thanks, NsMn!)
Hmm, this is cool. Kinda avoids the limitation of the Graphicsgale free version...which is cool legit way of doing stuff.  :)
I don't want the world, I just want your half

straydogstrut

Awesome Jim, works like a charm. Thanks=)

m0ds

What I'd like to know is why every country is releasing documents on UFO's except the one country that has supposedly formed an alliance with ET's, the USA. Could it be that they really have and can't afford for people to find out? I'm going with yes, but I'd like to know anyone elses thoughts - especially Americans - how it feels to be outclassed by every other government on such a subject. It seems we're finding more truth and stability on the subject but America hold firm there are no such things as aliens. How long will it really be until the American government become transparent? I feel sorry for you folk, being lied too and treated like morons. A country so willing to be at the forefront of everything & anything yet holding back from the rest of the world the greatest discovery of mankind. It's almost as if the other countries are anticipating a radical rethinking, and also trying to avoid mass riots when the truth does come out. Every day they hold back the evidence is another day the wound grows  :-\

Anyway, Fish - many thanks. Line out to line in...seems so wrong, but I will definitely try it :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk