Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

GarageGothic

Obviously the aliens told them to keep it secret, Mods. Either that, or those trigger-happy yanks killed the ET's on first contact and are ashamed to admit it. I'd be more interested to hear what credible evidence of extraterrestrial visitations you've found among the materials released by other countries.

m0ds

For me it's more the fact that other countries have openly collected & openly released UFO files but the US hasn't, and sits on a veil of secrecy about it almost in a childish manner. Not one official document. Although - saying that Bigelow aerospace are now opening up to the possibilities. And for me it's the fact that it's US military personel, astronauts and pilots that make up the majority of credible witnesses but their own government laugh it off in their faces. But other countries don't treat their military, space or pilots like that. It just seems backwards, out-dated and decietful.

I think you have a good point though GG. Cameron was not long ago asked about aliens and he said he would do what he could in his power to find some truths. Obarmy-army was asked the same thing and just joked it off, twice. He likely is in the know and has been advised to play it down.

As for credible evidence, well, you'd need to just look into cases for yourself. After a while you'll see patterns, see consistency in reports and (hopefully) realise there is just no way it can all be crackpot accounts. People who say hicks give all the reports (and should be dismissed because they are hicks) are, well, hicks themselves for thinking that way. About 10% of reports come from people who seem not so intelligent. The other 90% are intelligent sources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentich_disappearance

Meh, anyway - moot point. I'm not here to try and persuade or whatever. I just feel you're being cheated, and it's a shame for you guys. Something is going on and the rest of the world is opening its eyes to it, but USA isn't. WHY!!!! Grrr  ::)

Stupot

Quote from: Mods on Tue 22/06/2010 02:17:58
What I'd like to know is why every country is releasing documents on UFO's except the one country that has supposedly formed an alliance with ET's, the USA.

Because they're the only country that really knows that ETs are nowhere near Earth.  Because Roswell was a fabrication to keep the public distracted from other activites...  such as, but not exclusive to, staging the Moon Landings in Area 51...

*dons flame-proof suit and hides*

m0ds

Ahh gay I wish it didn't have to come to this, but, if you can help fund ben jordan 2 movie please PM me.  := Pledge me. It can happen on about $200. Exec producer credits all round 8)

InCreator

Quote from: Mods on Tue 22/06/2010 02:17:58
What I'd like to know is why every country is releasing documents on UFO's except the one country that has supposedly formed an alliance with ET's, the USA.

...Or maybe because that particular country earns billions from UFO myths through literature, games, TV-shows and movies?

Anian

Quote from: InCreator on Sat 26/06/2010 02:05:31
...Or maybe because that particular country earns billions from UFO myths through literature, games, TV-shows and movies?
Entertainment industry earning profit from unproven stories, myths and superstitions? Don't be ridiculous.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

OneDollar

I got a good-spec second hand graphics card from someone who was moving house and didn't want their old computer. It works really well, but when I push it with games like Bioshock and Fallout 3 on high settings I occasionally get a pattern of small single-coloured squares appearing in front of some textures. They disappear again after a split second. I've tried to screenshot them, but either I'm missing them or they're not showing up on screen captures. In Fallout (where I see them more regularly) I think they mainly appear on objects that are nearer to the screen - for example when talking to characters or looking at the PIP boy. They don't seem to cause any problems with the game, no slow downs or crashes and I've played for hours without any problems. They're just an annoying visual glitch.

Anyway, to try and find the problem I had a look at the power requirements of the card, then the output of my power supply. My supply has a max output of 375 Watts, and the card lists its requirements as 450 Watt or greater (with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI-E power connector recommended).

So my questions:

1) Is the lack of power likely to be causing the glitches I mentioned?

2) More importantly, am I or could I be doing any damage to my computer by running the card in combination with this power supply?

The card is an ATI Radeon HD 4850 (by PowerColor if that makes a difference).

Calin Leafshade

Yea a lack of power for a graphics card can cause those kinds of issues but I dont think an undersupply of power is damaging to your system.

Other possible causes are overheating (which is a very likely possibility) and memory damage (less likely)

GarageGothic

Well, undersupply of power may not damage the system, but I'm pretty sure it could burn the power supply itself. Also a overworked power supply could be causing the overheating. The colored square artifacts are exactly what I got before my old graphics card died - turned out the fan on the card had stopped working. Got it moving again by applying some oil, but after a couple of months something started smelling strange and it turned out the fan had simply melted off it's axle (pro-tip: don't use WD-40 as a replacement for proper fan lubrication).

InCreator

@OneDollar

I doubt problem lies in power supply -- sounds either driver or overheating problem. Well, heating CAN come from PSU issues, but it's still somewhat unlikely.

I'd try first to downgrade drivers to last version released while this card was "hot".
It worked well with my GF5700LE when Portal and Medal of Honor had all kinds of glitches on screen, don't know much about ATI cards, because I never bought one.

Overheating is a plausible version too, observe temperature. Also, try all settings on lowest and see if glitch still appears. Or open case, room windows and point ordinary fan at where card is.

m0ds

Just wondering if anyone has the "My games" section (of your profile) figured, and how it orders the list?

The last few I've worked on have been added at the bottom but the most recent addition is in the middle of the list. It's not alphabetical and doesn't seem to be date related now either, any ideas?

It's not a problem. I just get confused by it :)

Ryan Timothy B

I know, you'd think it would sort by ID number, which the lowest numbers would be the oldest releases.  I've also been quite confused by it and I can never rely on it as a correct timestamp.
Although only two games in my profile are in the wrong order of each other.  Yours on the other hand is crazy.

OneDollar

Thanks for the responses. I might see if I can borrow a power supply for testing, or maybe try and get a feel for how hot the card and supply are getting when I start pushing them. Overheating is quite possible as the computer's in an attic that gets very hot over the summer (though I've got the windows open whenever my PC is on).

Quote from: GarageGothic on Sat 26/06/2010 22:48:54
I'm pretty sure it could burn the power supply itself.

Yeah, that's what I'm most concerned about. I suppose if the power supply burns out I'll replace it with one that has enough power. As long as it doesn't short the motherboard and total the computer at the same time :-\

m0ds

Strange eh Ryan. Another unsolved AGS mystery :)

Anyway, right now I'm looking for An American who's happy to start up a Kickstarter project for me, because with kickstarter you need "a US bank account and address are required to start a project." It's to fund the BJ movie sequel.

It won't take long to set up, I can walk you through it. The main problem will be transferring the money across to me via PayPal, but I will give you a percentage of the pledges to cover any costs and also imburse you for your time.

Please PM me ASAP cos it's pretty urgent!

Stupot

Mods, why don't you have a gander here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/

It's a kind of similar concept to Kickstarter, but open to more countries, including the UK.

Looks really useful, and there are some cool projects by the look of things.

m0ds

Wow, thanks Stupot- never knew there was one that attatched Paypal. It seems to be avading the Kickstarter website like it's some unknown technology.

Still, here's the page :)

http://www.indiegogo.com/Ben-Jordan-2

If it gets anywhere near 250 I will drop it and make that the final pledgeable amount.

Rincewind

Quote from: Rincewind on Sun 28/02/2010 23:52:55
Arr, I'm in desperate need of some help right now.
I have this song playing in my head that I heard about ten years ago that I would love to find again, but as usual, I don't know who did it or what it's called. All I know is this:

- Musically, I seem to remember it as a mix between an organ/keyboard-melody and a more modern, dance-oriented beat(though still a rather subtle one) Rather repetitive, most likely intended to be a club-hit or something.

- There was also more or less one vocal line repeated constantly throughout the whole thing - If I remember it correctly it was something like "I see you ride o-on a storm / I see you ride o-on a storm / I see you ri-i-ding on a storm", sung in a rather cheesy, crooning, baritone-like voice. I'm not sure if this is sampled from some other song or if this was actually written for this track, though.

- The music video for the song featured an extremely and deliberately kitschy/colorful 50's/60's-styled party in a living room or something similar, with an equally kitschy/campy live-band playing the song in question.

The one time I heard the song and saw the video was through the Swedish tv-show "Mosquito" that aired between 1998 and 2001, and showcased new music/visuals/3D-graphics, so I suppose it's most likely a song made somewhere in between that timeframe. Anyone who has the slightest idea what this song might be, do please tell, because I think I'm going insane from hearing this song play in my head and not being able to find out what it's called...

Woohoo! Finally a friend of mine found the answer to this question that was more or less driving me mad. So I just felt the need to share with you what song I was looking for - It's a dutch dance track called "Ridin'" from 1996 by an act called Doop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSeu0jmF-oA&feature=player_embedded

I have to say it's better than I remember. (and the video is even campier/kitschier than I remember)

Stupot

Okay, easy question, but I'm really ignorant in this department.
What's a good, free, video editing software, that will get me a youtube compatible video at the end of it.

I want to take two videos from youtube, and simply rip the audio from one and put it over the top of the other one.

That literally all I want to acheive, and the end result is going to be beautiful, because I've already acheived it by watching one video with the audio of the other video running in the background, and the result nearly brought me to tears.

Cheers.

TerranRich

www.tubedubber.com does it for you online, but you can't save it as far as I know.

Stupot

Ahh that's a cool site Terran.  But actually I stil want to keep the audio of the original video, but just with the extra audio on top of it.

Basically, it's one of my favourite scenes from one of my favourite TV shows, and playing one of my favourite songs while I watched the scene I was amazed at house they slotted together perfectly... uncannily perfect.  So I want to make it into a single video, and show it off.  Haha, god I'm sad...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk