Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

abstauber

Quote from: Mods on Tue 27/07/2010 12:54:16
yup. there is some recovery software but all of them cost money. oh well, fucked up days!

Nope!

http://www.pcinspector.de/Default.htm?language=1

This one is free :)

Btw. a tool called UFS explorer even works with damaged drives, as long as they are spinning up and detected by the bios.
Well, at least in my case.

m0ds

Thanks abstauber! I'm trying it. It looks more hopeful than the others! DiskDigger is the only one digging deep enough to find my old files. I have successfully restored one of my video files from my game, LOL but that is it. But that's because that prog is asking for a paid registration before it allows you to save multiple files.

The only major problem for me, for restoring my game (thats the only bother for me ATM) is that these things have allocated filename's to look for (EXE, AVI only etc). I can't for example go looking for my music.VOX, could I? Or will PC Inspector find all filetypes? I have to wait 170 minutes for it to finish it's scan at the moment ;)

Thanks for the link though. Let you know in a bit :)

abstauber

yep, that should work. It has a "Special Recovery Function" for common filetypes and I guess PC Inspector is able to re-create the file headers for those files.

But as long as the .vox is undamaged, it should be possible to recover it as well.

m0ds

Cheers! Hmm, it's giving everything a default size. I'll keep playing. Thanks though absy :)

arj0n

Quote from: Mods on Tue 27/07/2010 14:30:36
I'll keep playing.
"keep praying" you mean  :D
I really hope it works out.

paolo

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 27/07/2010 02:10:39
http://www.mediafire.com/?gpb4gvc4b6xzu6b

Here it is. It probably works on AGS 2.72 so make a game there, port the guis,  and port the game to 3.0 to get them into a 3.x.x game.

Thanks, Dualnames, I'll try it out. I forgot to mention that I'm using ye olde 2.72, so hopefully it will work straight out of the box.

Anian

Silly question, but I hope somebody will give a realtive simpe anwser: It's about 3d models and normal maps. It's sort of a thing whre I can't find the connection between two things.
- I plan to try out in Mudbox and 3dsmax. For example I make a low poly mesh and I would than paint it and make a high poly mesh in Mudbox (by building upon it, subdividing it in Mudbox and sculpting etc.)
- I plan to use xNormal for making the normal map (it uses a low poly and high poly .obj and then automatically makes a normal map, which is cool and easier than what I've seen done in Max itself)

The question I have is do I have to unwrap the texture for low poly before modeling the high poly model and then again unwrap high poly model after it's finished, cause I don't how the unwrapped stuff will match when it's an image like png, jpg etc. And do I paint only the high poly model so when a normal map is applied, it fits better?
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Buckethead

You don't ever have to unwrap a highpoly for texture baking. Often a highpoly is made first, then a lowpoly is made based of the highpoly. You then unwrap the lowpoly. But it doesn't really matter when you do this. Just make sure you have it unwrapped when you start baking. Also you are going to want to have as little  UV stretching as possible to get the best results.

Anian

Quote from: Buckethead on Wed 28/07/2010 16:09:58
You don't ever have to unwrap a highpoly for texture baking. Often a highpoly is made first, then a lowpoly is made based of the highpoly. You then unwrap the lowpoly. But it doesn't really matter when you do this. Just make sure you have it unwrapped when you start baking. Also you are going to want to have as little  UV stretching as possible to get the best results.
Ah, I see. Ok, thank you.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Ryan Timothy B

Wasn't there a Module that turned blocking events into non blocking events? Such as when the player is automatically walking up to a character/exit/etc once you click on it, and then the dialog or interaction starts. But you could easily just walk away without it being a blocking event?

I have an idea of exactly how I'd do it, but I'm curious how the person who wrote the module did it, JUST in case my idea isn't as clever.

I swear there was one, but I quickly browsed through the whole Module sub-forum and didn't see a title that suggested it.
Thanks!

tzachs

I believe you're referring to this.

Ryan Timothy B

Oh wow, that's a big scrambled mess of spaghetti. I'll definitely stick with the way I planned on doing it.
Thanks.

Khris

Maybe you're thinking of mine? I never started a thread for it.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=36383.msg477380#msg477380

It should also be easy to adjust to your needs.

Ryan Timothy B

I believe I was..
Anyway, I've already written it. Didn't take too long and it's not spaghetti code at all. Very easy to do really.

I was mainly just curious how the others were written.  I may even check out yours later, but for now mine works and I'm happy with it. (plus it keeps Zyndikate off my back... har har. :P joking)

Ryan Timothy B

Hey, this is a PHP question.  Let's say for this example, I have a string which is: dude, you're not getting a dell 111506 testing

How could I run through that string so I could check for when numbers start and finish and add a word before and after it? With this example, just pretend I'm adding [number_start] and [number_end]. The value of the numbers is always changing, and there could also be many instances of numbers within the string.

So the modified output would be: dude, you're not getting a dell  [number_start]111506[number_end] testing

Thanks!

Calin Leafshade

iterate through the string and use is_numeric($var) on each character.

Then you can use substr() to format the string however you like once you have the start and end indices of the number

monkey0506

This is my question: How to remote desktop?

I understand it's not a fully qualified question, and I haven't included any information about either PC, but I just assume anyone who will know the answer will be able to remotely hack into my computers anyway in order to obtain all necessary information. Thanks.

Calin Leafshade

right click My Computer, click Properties, go to the Remote tab and enable "Allow users to connect to this computer"

Click "Select remote users" and add your user (administrator already has access)

open port 3389 on the listening machine (not needed if its on a local LAN obviously)

run / mstsc.exe on the client machine

type the host name/ip of the listening machine into the host box

click connect

Done

monkey0506

It is on a local LAN using a WNR2000 router..there's two physical systems..Windows XP and Windows 7. The 7 machine is also running Windows XP Mode which is Windows XP under Virtual PC. The 7 machine and the XP Mode can see each other on the network..which is good considering they occupy the same physical space.

The problem is that no matter what I do I can't seem to get the XP machine to see either of the other two..or vice versa. The internet connection is shared fine, and I am hardwired via an ethernet cable.

The computers are all set to the same workgroup name, sharing settings are set appropriately, firewall settings have been dealt with..etc.

Calin Leafshade

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk