Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Mati256

Hello. I want to start learning a new programing language because I want to create Mobile phone applications.
I heard the two most important are Java and C++, which one would you recommend?
I'm more inclined to Java but maybe C++ is more useful.
My Blog! (En Español)

Dualnames

I'm looking for this myth: There's a man cursed to find someone to give their live for him (or someone he loves I can't remember for sure) till the day ends. So he goes on that quest, at one point he reaches a blind man asking him to die, cause he's blind and old. But the blind man refuses as he may be blind and old but the birds singing in the morning and the sound of water make up for his age and blindness.

I could look it up, but some google searches failed. It used to be an animation as well, which i saw like 3-5 times on tv, when i was a child.

EDIT: FOUND IT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAJbOEEfHrE
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Anian

With what software are pixel art videos made? I mean "longer" pixel animations (as in videos not gif or similar), I know some music videos* were made this way for example, so what would a cartoon episode be made with? I know there's stuff like ToonBoom, but basically all those kinds of softwares use vector graphics.

*stuff like this
I don't want the world, I just want your half

LRH

I've been looking allllll over tonight but I have had no luck whatsoever.

I'm looking to trade in my old laptop for a portable device. I want something *like* an ipod touch, but not an ipod touch. I just really can't stand them.

Honestly the most important things to me are local radio and streaming video ability from youtube/netflix/etc. The zune would be perfect...only it doesn't support streaming. I've been looking at all sorts of things. I suppose even a small android "tablet" would work, but I'm having trouble finding something affordable that supports radio and streaming.

Any suggestions?

nihilyst

Does anyone of you have loominous' email address and could PM it to me? He hasn't been around for quite a while, and I need to reach him. Thanks :D

LimpingFish

Quote from: Domithan on Sun 19/06/2011 07:53:05
Any suggestions?

I have an Archos 7o Internet Tablet.

Streams video just fine. Never tried radio on it, but Android has a shed-load of radio apps.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

nihilyst

Quote from: nihilyst on Sun 26/06/2011 23:06:55
Does anyone of you have loominous' email address and could PM it to me? He hasn't been around for quite a while, and I need to reach him. Thanks :D

No one? Or if anyone knows who _could_ have it, please let me know :D Thanks!

Mati256

Usually when you send a PM to somebody the forum sends a mail to inform him. You could try that.
My Blog! (En Español)

nihilyst

I have tried that, but maybe he has turned that option off. Thanks anyway :D

Peder 🚀

m0ds

Just a quick one, I've had a blank - how do I re-assign a drive letter to a HD? One of mine has changed it to a different letter cos I pulled the sata cable out, and I can't for the life of me remember how to change it back to its original letter. That and I can't get any websites to work, so I've come here for help instead of Google. Thanks!!

Damien

Right click on my computer > manage > disk management. Right click the partition you want and look for "Change drive letter..." or something like that.

m0ds

NickyNyce

Hello everyone,

My motherboard just went kapoot, gone, dead, finished, I had a HP window vista, My game was 3/4 done. I have managed to transfer my game to my new computer, but now I downloaded 3.2.1 , I was previously using 3.1 , I'm hoping this is not a problem, anyone with any info they can give me about switching versions would be appreciated.

EDIT : Nevermind, found a place to compare versions

m0ds

Quick q - any idea how to stop Outlook asking me if I want to compress emails to free up disk space every time I close Outlook? Surprisingly I don't need Outlook to compress what only amounts to 100kb of email data.

arj0n

Gilbert

That feature is actually quite stupid.
M$ possibly never expected how many mails one can ever keep.
After few years the mail folders in my office computer had more than 10K messages, and that computer was already low on resources (<100MB free space most of the time).
The problem was, I shut down the computer when I left the office, and OE occasionally forced this to happen, which took forever. I didn't want to wait for it to end (which was actually impossible, coupling with the low on space problem the process would just crash at some point) and the system was so horribly stalled that clicking 'cancel' took a looooong time to take effect.

My system has been upgraded recently and I have to use Outlook instead now (with the mail folders imported). Hopefully it won't happen again.

m0ds

Hehe, sounds annoying! And you know what Gilbert, I dreamt of you last night, LOL! God knows why. So I'd like to ask if anyone knows WHY I dreamt of Gilbert Cheung. :P

Gilbert

As long as the dream wasn't wet I am okay. :=
Possibly this is something whose cause will remain mystery forever that nobody here is able to help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk