Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliwerko

Thanks Ali! I actually tried that before, but on black the text was kind of dark red. The reason was that it wasn't 100% black. It only works with 100% black. When you have like 28 of R, G and B; it behave differently...

Ghost

Quote from: bicilotti on Tue 28/02/2012 22:35:29
^-- rastafarian vocabulary it seems. Does that match the background of those characters?

Perfect fit- thanks!

Ali

Quote from: Oliwerko on Tue 28/02/2012 23:00:50
Thanks Ali! I actually tried that before, but on black the text was kind of dark red. The reason was that it wasn't 100% black. It only works with 100% black. When you have like 28 of R, G and B; it behave differently...

If you need the black to be dark grey, you could always create the effect with 0,0,0 then put an levels adjustment layer on top to lift the blacks a bit.

Eric

Trying to recall an adventure game where one of the puzzles involved keeping a tiger away from an Indian village. Can't remember much more than that one scene. This is perhaps a game where there's a palace hidden in a tall rock formation in the middle of a nearby lake, or I may be conflating two games.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Gilbert

I'm not sure, but I just googled "adventure game tiger indian village" and found this which sounded close enough.

selmiak

@Eric: sounds like lost horizon

Eric

Thanks, selmiak! Lost Horizon it is. I forgot that bit of the plot.

Quote from: Iceboty V7000a on Thu 01/03/2012 10:12:52
I'm not sure, but I just googled "adventure game tiger indian village" and found this which sounded close enough.

This game was ten minutes of my life that I'll be disappointed to account for come judgment day. But thanks anyway!

Monsieur OUXX

I've been trying to Google that but the terms I use are too generic and I can't find any relevant result.
On the other hand it's an issue I've been having on several computers, so I know it's real.

That issue:  >> When Firefox's cursor (in a text field) stops blinking <<

I'm talking about that cursor (kind of -- this is not a screenshot of firefox): http://www.geniusdv.com/weblog/archives/2007/03/25/inspector_window.gif

The blinking cursor is freaking invisible and you don't know where you're typing until you actually start typing.
It does it in the address bar, the search bar, and if I remember properly, also inside web page (e.g. when you type an email).

As I said, I've observed that several times, at least with Firefox 3.6, and I believe with Firefox 8. That's super annoying.
Anybody has a clue?

straydogstrut

@Monsieur OUXX

Bizarre! I use Chrome myself but I fiddled around with Firefox 3.6 on my Mac and I didn't see this behaviour. A quick Google has suggested it could be due to:

Sorry I can't be more help.

nihilyst

A few weeks ago I've have that same issue on every site with a flash video player on it (like youtube and stuff). The problem just disappeared after two days, so I can'T really say what caused it.

selmiak

firefox is open source with a huge community. Just ask in their forums. If you can't get help there, I wouldn't know where else. And if it is a bug they might even fix it within the next versions ;)

Monsieur OUXX

arj0n

Probably a stupid question but I can't find it's solution.

I imported a room from a project done in AGS v272.
I removed the audio clip "aMusic6" but somewhere is still a link and it's not in the room or global script.
When rebuilding the game this message pops up (also when compling and running the game, warnings.txt contains:)
"Room 1: Unable to find aMusic6 which was set as this room's start music".

Searching whole project doesn't bring it up.
Where can I find this aMusic6 link?

Antje

Maybe, just maybe, it is in one of the interactions with an object/hotspot/etcetera in the room. (I had a broken/dead interaction-link two days ago and it took me some time to find it.) Good luck with that!

Khris

Open the room in 2.72. Directly below the buttons it should say: [✓] Play music on room load [6  ]
That's the reference you're looking for.
Afaik, this shortcut has been removed as of 3.0, so you can't undo it in your current project. You have to uncheck it, save the room, then re-import it in your 3.x project.

arj0n

@Antje: Nope, that's not the problem.
@Khris: Thanx, that's it!

Chicky

Chicky has chicken pox D:

It's the most annoying illness of my adult life.

Fix me? You said you could help!

Edit: Worth noting that i have consulted a doctor and am not actually looking for a cure on the AGS forums, more of a plea for sympathy  :=

Anian

Aww, Chicky, don't worry, it too shall pass. Chicken pox are annoying as hell, but you'll get over it soon and you'll almost forget about it in a few months.

Better?
I don't want the world, I just want your half

bicilotti

* bici carefully inspects Chicky's post

Chicky -> chicken pox

You're lucky your forum name isn't Smally!  :=

You'll get over it Chicky!

arj0n

In the mean time you can play real-time connect-the-dots!! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk