Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Quote from: anian on Thu 22/03/2012 20:34:40
How does one spell check your post on these forums? I see people using it (says at the bottom of the message that the post was spell checked), but, as far as I can tell, that function isn't turned on on this forum...I am so confused.  ???  <-- see

Mayb it jst mnz it woz checked 4 txt style spellin

[edit]
Or maybe not...

Khris

All modern browsers check the spelling inside text areas while you type.
In addition, the forum software auto-corrects some common abbreviations like "u" instead of you, or "r" instead of are.

u r

suicidal pencil

Spelling isn't my issue so much as proper grammar  :=

I know it's stupid to expect people who live in countries that don't have English as a primary language to understand the different grammar and semantic conventions of the language, but it really does make it harder to understand one's meaning...

The browser can check your spelling, but it doesn't know what you mean. So a post could have perfect spelling, but no one would understand wtf is going on  ;D

Anian

Quote from: Khris on Fri 23/03/2012 00:49:01
In addition, the forum software auto-corrects some common abbreviations like "u" instead of you, or "r" instead of are.
<br /youare
But that is kind of what bugs me, where is this option?
I don't want the world, I just want your half

bicilotti

Quote from: anian on Fri 23/03/2012 08:35:00
But that is kind of what bugs me, where is this option?

I think it is mandatory!

Snarky

There's no option. If you write the letter that comes between q and s by itself, it automatically gets "corrected" to "are": are. Same with the letter between t and v: you. Try it!

It's kind of annoying, actually. Particularly since it happens even inside code blocks.

bicilotti

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 23/03/2012 09:19:34
If you write the letter that comes between q and s by itself, it automatically gets "corrected" to "are": are.

There is no letter between 'q' and 's' (but there is one between 'e' and 't')!
</nerdMomentOfTheDay>

Khris

Snarky, that doesn't sound like qwerty, what weird keyboard layout ryou using?

Edit: Are you still living in the 20th century or what? The alphabet, pfttt ... :=

Snarky

Guess some people were absent on the day in kindergarten when they taught the alphabet.  ;)

LUniqueDan

What's the name of the pre-9/11 action film featuring a plane about to hit a skyscrapper on the box cover ? I can't remember it.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

TomatoesInTheHead

I only now of an interesting Austrian art project called "Just like the movies", where scenes from pre-9/11 movies were cut together to a Hollywood premake of 9/11: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/kultur/bildstrecke-michal-kosakowski-just-like-the-movies-1.107928
It used scenes from "Independence Day", "Armageddon", "Swordfish", "Q - The Winged Serpent", "The Siege", "Earthquake in New York" and others (not necessarily all featuring a plane flying into a skyscraper), maybe it's one of them?

LUniqueDan

:D
Tx for the link ! But, no, I don'y think the move is into them. Anyway, I never saw it.

So, guys ! Come on! I need that.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

ig299

hey does anybody know a good software to capture screenshots? i have fraps but it doesn't work

DoorKnobHandle

There's a software called "Print Screen" by TheKeyboardCompany. It's free and works really well. Google it!

Frodo

I use IrfanView to get screenshots.  It's a really good programme   :)

http://www.irfanview.com/

bicilotti

What is the purpose of life?

Babar

Something about the lamentations of women, I think.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Anian

Quote from: Babar on Mon 02/04/2012 12:51:59
Something about the lamentations of women, I think.
And don't forget the box of chocolates.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Paul Franzen

The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

arj0n

What was about the first adventure game using the simplified GUI?

As in (among other things):
* only having the Left and Right click being Action and Look.
* no swiching between mousemodes by the gameplayer.
* no icons on-screen (like sierra/lucasarts icons) / no verbcoin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk