Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Anian

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Tue 08/05/2012 05:33:35
Anian: http://www.agser.me/

run by Peder.
Ahh, nice. I'll check it out.

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 08/05/2012 20:25:36
000webhost is not bad but one day we had an ad appearing out of nowhere on every page. It only advertised payed hosting with the 000webhost service but was annoying nonntheless. After ~2weeks it disappeared. I recommend bplaced.net though. The only 'disadvantage' is that you have to log into your command panel every 2 month, but this should be doable. ~99% uptimes, 2GB storage, unlimited traffic, 2 FTP accounts, lots of MySQL databases, up to date php, adfree, what do you want more?!
Theoretically, a domain name.  :grin:  Just kidding. This sounds pretty good and the log in every 2 months is not really a disadvantage.

Thank you, both.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

selmiak

.tk domains are for free. But I don't know if they show advertsing. Iirc there is a small adbar on your site then.
Or if it is okay, you can get a 3rd level domain like yourname.eu.tp for free. Or go with yourname.agser.me.

Anian

Quote from: selmiak on Wed 09/05/2012 20:03:53
.tk domains are for free. But I don't know if they show advertsing. Iirc there is a small adbar on your site then.
Or if it is okay, you can get a 3rd level domain like yourname.eu.tp for free. Or go with yourname.agser.me.
I was just kidding, besides I tried setting up wordpress on bplaced and the site has "name.bplaced.net" type of address, that's fine enough for now.  :smiley:

InCreator

I was thinking how to tell exact time within 10 minute accuracy if I'm in the middle of nowhere and have a some sort of clock, but have no idea which way is which (no compass).
What I came up with is this:

Suppose it's a sunny day
I stick a pole into ground.
Use something - cord or sticks to measure shadow of the pole
Set clock to 12:00
After every 10 minutes I repeat measurement (12:10 on my clock) and if shadow is shorter than previous measurement, set clock to 12 again
The moment I don't have to reset, It's noon + around 10 minutes

Is it logical? Daylight saving can offset this by hour but generally, it should work?

arj0n

InCreator

Don't I need to know hemisphere I'm on and the directions of east and west to read the moon?

FrankT

Dangit... I just want to make an adventure game - but all the ones I've started have fallen through one way or another. Partly because I'm no good at writing stories or scripting, but mainly because before I've even gotten into it, some other great idea comes along and I end up abandoning the older one. I'm in development limbo! Now I've got a vague blur of an idea in my head right now, but I need to make it solid with a story. And a game structure. Any advice?!!

Buckethead

Work out the story from beginning to end. Write down the what puzzles you need to solve and which characters will be needed. Also work out the background of your characters. In short, write down as much information about your game as possible. If you get stuck, ask for help on the forums. People are always very helpfull around here.

After a while you'll have enough iformation about your idea that you can put together a list of things that need to be done for the game. Make this list as complete as you possibly can. When you work on the game you can now check off things you have completed. This way you get a clear view what still needs to be done. Also order things according to priority of you can.

Also simplify your idea to something you are more likely to complete.

FrankT

Thanks for the advice! Come to think of it, I might need a proofreader for this. Anyone willing to proofread?

Stupot

Quote from: FrankT on Sun 27/05/2012 18:14:22
Thanks for the advice! Come to think of it, I might need a proofreader for this. Anyone willing to proofread?
I'll give it go :-)

Atelier

I'm trying to remember which film this is... it's about some super-soldiers who were genetically engineered and then cryogenically frozen to keep them dormant, until they needed to be used to fight some Russian/Ukranian terrorist who had taken over a nuclear power station, who had this uber-supreme-super-soldier who single-handedly took down the super-soldier army. I also remember one of the super-soldiers was being reprogrammed into civilian life but he went into a frenzy in a café. Also it starts with the kidnapping of some diplomat's daughter by men in balaclavas. It's a pretty lame film but does anybody know it?

Stupot

Universal Soldier Regeneration
QuoteA group of terrorists led by Commander Topov (Zahary Baharov) kidnap the Russian prime minister's son and daughter and hold them hostage, demanding the release of their comrades within 72 hours. In addition, they have taken over the crippled Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant and threaten to detonate it if their demands are not met.

Atelier

Oliwerko

Hi!

My friend found a phone last week and gave it to me today, because he couldn't get it to work. He had already reverted to factory settings. Apparently it's a HTC EVO 3D. And I can see how he couldn't get it to work. There is no slot for a SIM card, and I gather that that's typical for the US version. I live in Slovakia, so this is pretty new to me.

Is there any way to get this kind of thing to work in Europe?

Anian

Quote from: Oliwerko on Sat 02/06/2012 22:52:00
Hi!

My friend found a phone last week and gave it to me today, because he couldn't get it to work. He had already reverted to factory settings. Apparently it's a HTC EVO 3D. And I can see how he couldn't get it to work. There is no slot for a SIM card, and I gather that that's typical for the US version. I live in Slovakia, so this is pretty new to me.

Is there any way to get this kind of thing to work in Europe?
Like this http://www.htc.com/help/au/howto_iframe.aspx?id=88649ype=1&p_id=398 ?

Apparently the US version doesn't use a SIM card...because, you know, Americans :P The European version should have it, but the US one doesn't, it's the CDMA and GSM versions differnces.

Oliwerko

Yeah, I read now that there are US and EU versions. The US indeed cannot function in our gsm environment.

So the only thing left to do is to sell it. :/ Anybody interested?

Mati256

A while ago somebody posted a website where you could choose a color and the site would show you some colors that combined with it.
Do you know which site I'm talking about?
Thank you.
My Blog! (En Español)

kconan

Does anyone know of a company that makes custom PC game boxes?

m0ds

If anyone web wise with html knowledge is able to help me get a "contact form" working (ie a text box and submit button) please get in touch! I haven't been able to get it to work - can't quite get my head around it. Thanks!

Anian

Quote from: Mati256 on Sun 03/06/2012 02:43:32
A while ago somebody posted a website where you could choose a color and the site would show you some colors that combined with it.
Do you know which site I'm talking about?
Thank you.
I don't know what it is, but recently I found this page COLORlovers they have some interesting stuff under the Tools section as well.

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 11/06/2012 07:32:55
If anyone web wise with html knowledge is able to help me get a "contact form" working (ie a text box and submit button) please get in touch! I haven't been able to get it to work - can't quite get my head around it. Thanks!
Did you try something like this?
http://www.freecontactform.com/html_form.php
Just put the first part into your html page, modify the stuff you need, mainly the width and other design choices.
The other part you just need to save as a php page, also basically copy paste and of course change the mail address (it's noted where you change it in the code).
I mainly use wordpress forms, but I can try this out on my server if you want. This is probably a good solution, though if you start getting spam a captcha should be put in as well, but cross that bridge if you get there.
EDIT: I've checked it, it works ok, just remember to change the mail address at the beginning of the php part plus this is a very strict form (first and last name have to be without numbers and have to start with a capital letter)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk