Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

OG

Hi Nikolas

The website looks quite good, the web designer may want to consider formatting the text on the composer pages a bit differently though. Something a bit tidier?

1. It's reasonable. Just remember that less is more. And as far as newsletters are concerned, as I am sure you will know, try and find an even mix of image and text. Otherwise you'll just end up with a less than interesting jumble of words or a lot of nice pictures with what can appear like a lacking of content.

2. My advice would be to get a copy of Adobe Indesign (or a portable version). It's the best in the business for things like that. It allows you to set your page size, margins, text/ picture columns and once you figure out your typical layout it's easy then to just go in and edit it for the next edition etc... Allows for good consistency. Doing it in Photoshop would be a terrible idea.

hzibadel

Hello everyone, i am just starting AGS but i really wanna play the game that is shown on the front page of AGS site where the download button is there, is seems so cool, please let me know the name of game

thanks

m0ds

If someone has a moment to check, can sound recorder in Vista/Win 7 be made to record at a sample rate higher than 96kbps and to formats other than .WAV ? I have XP & the old version, so I'm not sure, but am trying to find out on someones behalf. Many thanks :)

Anian

Quote from: m0ds on Fri 12/10/2012 14:20:27
If someone has a moment to check, can sound recorder in Vista/Win 7 be made to record at a sample rate higher than 96kbps and to formats other than .WAV ? I have XP & the old version, so I'm not sure, but am trying to find out on someones behalf. Many thanks :)
In W7 it's .wma 96kbps. It basically has 1 button to operate.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

m0ds

Thanks Anian! Silly poop. Oh well, I've sent the person in question a free audio app.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 04/09/2012 00:46:23
[..] Pic is a bit blurry, I don't have a very good camera. [..]

This is a little outdated but I want to bring this up in case this were the issue. I know of a lot of people who take photos in low light with their digital cameras and it turns out as blurry as this. Most people in this situation don't know that they have to press the capture button halfway down until it auto-focuses on something (turning on the auto-focus light if there is one), then you fully press it.

But you're pretty tech savvy with filming and such so it's likely not the case, I just thought I'd mention it (because I've never had a photo that blurry unless I've not done what I've mentioned - even with my very first digital camera like 10 years ago or more - which was a giant piece of garbage).

Calin Leafshade

That is not a lens blur, its a motion blur.

In low light the shutter has to be open longer to receive more light which means its more vulnerable to the shake of a persons hand. Its not the lens being out of focus.

Ryan Timothy B

Of course. I'm not a camera guru but I've had my share of low light motion blurring like this only when i don't press down on the capture button half way to allow it to focus and determine light levels and the other funky stuff it does.

Eric

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Sun 14/10/2012 04:30:58
That is not a lens blur, its a motion blur.

In which case, I find it's beneficial to prop an elbow on something while taking the picture. Cheap monopod.

cat

Or put the camera on a shelf or table and use the self-timer.

selmiak

I actually kind of like the blurryness in the picture, it seems to give it some more meaning and expression! Especially the hard contrast with the unmoving sharp letters that are also in a contrasting color. It's like the whole world is explained in this picture, like everything is moving and in a hurry and there are only very few constants in life!

m0ds

Haha, interesting point Ryan! It's the same digital camera I've had for 12 years. Not a lot of it works anymore, especially the flash ;) Also where I point the lens is not what it takes the picture of, so the blur is my handshake and also trying to guess what I'm taking a photo of, because the LCD preview screen doesn't work either. It's basically a pile of crap and the photo reflects that perfectly..!! I really really need to buy a new digi cam :P

Mati256

Once again, I came to you to explain me something.
I have to pay something with an electronic invoice sent by email.
The thing is, this is my first time with electronic invoices. How do I pay them? ???
My Blog! (En Español)

Crimson Wizard

Awww, that's pretty silly.
Can someone tell me, where can I download AGS 2.62, or, at least 2.62 manual?
I need to know how certain things worked before object-oriented methods were introduced.

nihilyst

Is this okay?
I think it’s the 2.62 manual.

selmiak

in case you still want the full AGS version, the maniac mansion mania wiki has a lot of different versions archived :)
(scroll down to downloads)

Crimson Wizard

0_0 I wished I knew that before. Thank you too!

Domino

http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1164992&SRCCODE=CCLET14ORDER&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-CCLET14ORDER-_-order

I have had this computer for over a year now. Recently when I go to power it on I get one short beep, followed by a long beep. I have read this as bad memory but i tried another memory stick and it still beeps at me. Some days the computer will not start and keeps beeping at me, and other times after about 20 minutes of powering on and off it will start right up like normal.

When it finally boots up, the computer runs like there is no problem. But if i try to start it up the next day i get the same beeps. I am really confused at what is going on, and why it won't work for hours then finally work.

I have noticed that the colder my apartment is, that the computer will not boot at all, unless i put a heat source near it. I am stumped.

Shawn

Anian

If it's only been a year, then go let the warranty techs take care of it. Quickest way I think, just get it to work once and copy essential stuff to usb or a mobile hdd (documents, maybe saved passwords etc.).

Even if it's something hardware related they'll probably have to test it when you bring it there and you'll just lose time diagnosing it.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk