Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Yeah I meant to respond back and say I never mind but I was hoping for a site link for those fonts because I never noticed the high res font option until digging through the settings sometime last night. I wish AGS had like a native outlining option for fonts because I have a font that I wanna use for talking but it lacks an outline. I could have sworn there was a solution for this a while back but I'm not all too sure. Thanks tho, Crimson!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: icey games on Mon 07/05/2018 01:44:03
I wish AGS had like a native outlining option for fonts because I have a font that I wanna use for talking but it lacks an outline. I could have sworn there was a solution for this a while back but I'm not all too sure.

Hmm, AGS has automatic outlining option, if that's what you mean. You may choose it in font properties, it's called "Outline style".

Icey

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 07/05/2018 01:45:59
Quote from: icey games on Mon 07/05/2018 01:44:03
I wish AGS had like a native outlining option for fonts because I have a font that I wanna use for talking but it lacks an outline. I could have sworn there was a solution for this a while back but I'm not all too sure.

Hmm, AGS has automatic outlining option, if that's what you mean. You may choose it in font properties, it's called "Outline style".

I KNEW THERE WAS AN OPTION FOR IT!
It's one of those things that I barely touched I guess. I gotta stop taking these extensive breaks from AGS because I constantly forget basic stuff like that. Thanks again.

Damien

Hello,

I am looking for an old PC game

The main character is a spider, quite possibly a robotic variant.
There is a twist, you don't control the spider directly but manipulate it's surroundings. Pulling levers, operating doors, etc.

The game is in 3D, most likely for windows 95/98 and very low-poly if I recall correctly.

Thanks.

Click'd

I am left-handed and my mouse buttons are switched. This works in most games and other programs no problem. Some developers decided to only register the standard settings, though. Which can get rather uncomfortable if a game needs lots of clicking.

Question: Does anyone know of a way to force these games to accept my settings?

Khris

I'd get a custom mouse where the hardware buttons are switched. Or just open one up and do it yourself.

Babar

Can't you just reconfigure the keybindings in the game's settings? Or is it one of those rubbish console ports that don't even have that option?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Click'd

Quote from: Khris on Tue 17/07/2018 08:45:59
I'd get a custom mouse where the hardware buttons are switched. Or just open one up and do it yourself.
I had one, it broke.

Quote from: Babar on Tue 17/07/2018 08:53:13
Can't you just reconfigure the keybindings in the game's settings? Or is it one of those rubbish console ports that don't even have that option?
No, I can not. And no, not a console port.

Cassiebsg

you can see it if you quote it, but I don't get why it's not showing up. :-\

http://www. liutilities.com/products/registrybooster/tweaklibrary/tweaks/11394/

(I have added a space after the www. remove it to follow the link... oddly it doesn't show. Maybe this thread is protected againts posting urls? )
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Click'd

I looked up the registry and it already was set to 1. I guess the only solution is a change of hardware indeed.

Thanks for trying to help.

Stupot

We've just had a company-wide teachers' meeting day (aka “training”). Our boss told us that, at the end of each day, the CD players that we use should be unplugged (fair enough) and that the lids to the CD trays should be open? Why on earth would that be best practice? Let alone company policy? What about dust?

No one seemed to know why he was asking us to do this, least of all himself. Can anyone here enlighten me?

[edit] I told my wife and she had a brainwave. It could be that, by their thinking, if we make s point of leaving the tray open there is no chance that we'll accidentally leave a CD in there. Seems plausible, but I wonder if that's the real reason.

Mandarinas45

What do you guys think about Pre-Ordering games? I love the DMC franchise and I found a pre-order for just over $35 on https://www.eneba.com/steam-devil-may-cry-5-steam-key-europe but I have seen some people say that it's better to wait and see if a game is actually good. Should I or Shouldn't I?
Cheers mates <3

Stupot

That's really up to you. If you've got the money to gamble then why not? Especially if it's cheaper than the actual release price will be. Personally I've never really been all that into preordering games.

Khris

I never do it, and I would firmly advise against ever doing it.

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandarinas45 on Thu 14/02/2019 07:52:47
What do you guys think about Pre-Ordering games?
My personal opinion, is why would you buy something that doesn't exist yet, when you can just buy it when it DOES exist?
I suppose I can kind of understand when there's bonuses involved, when there's a discount, or when there's a chance that they'll run out of stock.
But in video games, the preorder bonuses are terrible, preorder discounts are practically non-existent, and they're never at risk of running out of stock. So what's the point?

By preordering, all you're doing is funding a terrible business practice, where companies don't even have to finish or put effort into making games, because everyone has already bought them.

I remember someone who preordered Fallout 76. Now back then I thought it was going to end up being a good game. But I still thought he was an idiot to have preordered it! And now he regrets having done so.
So in short, no.
DON'T PREORDER!
DON'T BUY DLC!
DON'T PAY FOR MICROTRANSACTIONS!
DON'T BUY COLLECTOR EDITIONS!
If you do one or more of these things, you're helping promote bad business practices.  (nod)
After all, with how things are going, it won't be long until we get actual commercials that you have to sit through in AAA games. (I'm being serious here.)

Click'd

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 14/02/2019 12:58:49
DON'T BUY DLC!
U wot mate? If I like a game I want more of it.

Danvzare

Quote from: C.L.I.C.K. on Thu 14/02/2019 13:11:24
Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 14/02/2019 12:58:49
DON'T BUY DLC!
U wot mate? If I like a game I want more of it.
If I like a game, I don't want content carved out and sold to me.
Sure not all DLC is carved out, but enough of it is that by buying DLC, you're promoting the practice.

Tira was carved out of Soul Calibur VI because of people like you constantly buying DLC!

Click'd

Guess what, most DLC is NOT carved out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk