Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 23/05/2020 00:04:54
It did not come with Ubuntu when I installed it on VM, but it was as easy to install as "sudo apt-get install curl".
Cool, thanks.

Monsieur OUXX

New question : Do you know of a free online code hosting platform that would let me build and sign my (Electron or anything else) app for MacOS?
My issue is currently that it's not too hard to build any project for its target platform on that platform. For example it's easy to build an app (Qt or Electron or whatever) for MacOS if you're already on MacOS. Since recently, it's also (quasi) impossible to build/sign an app for MacOS if you're on Windows (because of the signing mechanism of MacOS apps).

But I'm guessing there must be platforms online that have virtual machines and automated builds for other platforms? Something that runs build scripts for every platform every time you push your changes (or, as you call it, Continuous Integration). Something like Azure DevOps, except more humble and free.

Does that exist or is it a fantasy?
EDIT: Oh man, I'm going down the rabbit hole with this, fast-learning about MacStadium, Azure pipeline agents and all those strange beasts.

Khris

Monsieur OUXX

Monsieur OUXX

I see that Expo is very focused on mobile apps (iOS and Android), which makes sense. But does it work on Desktop MacOS and does it build/sign for that target? I can't find it written explicitly. Or does only the binding with Electron make it possible?

EDIT : https://dev.to/evanbacon/making-desktop-apps-with-electron-react-native-and-expo-5e36

Monsieur OUXX

Simple question : In the US, what's a popular platform for "tipping" a content creator? By tipping I mean giving a small amount of money with the least hassle possible. It's not crowdfunding, as in "there's a project to achieve and a funding threshold to reach". More like the kind of free donation form that you'd see when downloading some small games bundle or for charity. You click on a button and in one minute you've given 50 cents.

I was thinking of Tipeee but I think it's very Europe-centered and it requires the tipper to create an account. Patreon might be more US-centered, but again it requires the tipper to create an account.

Cassiebsg

And how exactly do you think the tipper could tip without having to create an account anywhere?  (wtf)
Unless you thinking of adding your bank account number and let people directly transfer money to you (risky: not only you expose your bank account you also risk pay more in bank transfer than what you get as a tip).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

kaizen101

Hi! If I may ask, is there any games made with AGS that have a RPG battle system? I think I saw one but I forgot  the name..  :-D
Thank you!

CaptainD

Quote from: kaizen101 on Thu 04/06/2020 04:37:09
Hi! If I may ask, is there any games made with AGS that have a RPG battle system? I think I saw one but I forgot  the name..  :-D
Thank you!

This one maybe?
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2349-tales-of-jayvin/

kaizen101

Thank you so much! Let me check this one, any other games like this made with AGS?

CaptainD

I found these:

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/693-dangerous-lands-rpg-strategy-/

Mandle has made 2 RPG games for MAGS that I can remember:

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2118-pickpocket-rpg/
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2262-rat-playing-game/

There is this one if you speak French!
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2358-harry-potter-rpg/
(The database contains an English version but the link is broken)

I'm pretty sure there are more but that should keep you busy for a while!  ;)

kaizen101

Thank you so much! To be honest I just want to check how other  game creator make there RPG battle system with AGS, if they do it the way most games are.
And because I'm also working on one which I may not be able to complete, or may take a while since I need to go back to work soon even if there is still COVID19.

Oh! Rabbit, it should be slime (I made a lot of changes).

CaptainD

Ah okay.  Well all the best with your game either way, I think both of Mandle's games use a pretty simple system because they were created for MAGS so he didn't have much time to spend on creating anything complex, I'm not sure about the other two games.

kaizen101

Thank you so much! Have a great day!

Click'd

Monsieur OUXX, how about ko-fi.com ? Goes through Paypal.

QuoteDo I need to have a Ko-fi Profile to support a creator?
It is possible to support a creator as a guest without creating an account on Ko-fi. If you see the "Log in or Sign up" message under the support button, you are not logged into Ko-fi and will be supporting as a guest. The creator will only see a name or message on Ko-fi if you include one in your donation. Choosing to support a creator without creating your own supporter account means you will not have access to any Supporter-Only post or Gallery images.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 03/06/2020 22:21:01
And how exactly do you think the tipper could tip without having to create an account anywhere?  (wtf)
I don't know, but I'm guessing there's a whole range of hassle and I was aiming for the least hassle. I live in Sweden and here they have a thing called Swish where the phone number of the recipient is enough to transfer money to them. Don't judge me, I'm a simple person who hates anything related to money.

Quote from: Click'd on Thu 04/06/2020 10:16:46
Monsieur OUXX, how about ko-fi.com ? Goes through Paypal.
I'll loo into it. Is Paypal really still popular in the US or is it behind the curve now? Asking as a European who has no clue.

Cassiebsg

In Danmark it's called MobilPay... but you still have to have an account at the bank and the MobilPay "app" connected to the bank account. I don't have it, since my phone is only half-smart...  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

The main US equivalent of Swish/MobilePay/Vipps is Venmo, but I don't believe it's as widespread as mobile payment is in Scandinavia.

PayPal certainly remains widely supported online (and they own Venmo).

RetroJay

Hi, Peeps.

I have a question. Tonight I had a "riddle" in a game that said "This man weighs 100 pounds, plus half his weight. How much does he weigh?" Now I had three choices... 100, 150 and 200.
On the third attempt I got it right (200 pounds.) Slightly confused I searched for this riddle online and found that there is some kind of mathematical formula at work here.
In seeing the said formula it makes no sense to me whatsoever. Can someone please explain to me, in the simplest terms, how the hell this works? (laugh)

CaptainD

The weight is 100 + "half HIS weight". 150 would be 100 + half of THAT weight, not the total weight. 200 is the answer because it is 100 + 100 (half of 200).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk