A Second Face - "The Eye of Geltz is watching Us" - Torrero Edition (Spanish)

Started by Le Woltaire, Tue 23/12/2008 12:11:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Woltaire

Hi Paolo,

The first bug was already corrected for the newest version about two weeks ago.
Maybe you are playing with version 1.1 or older.

The second bug can't be corrected, it is indeed a path find problem of the AGS engine, since the walkable area is always there, but pretty complex and tiny I presume.

Thank you for the third note... I am so stupid sometimes...

EDIT:
Game has been updated to v1.3

Snarky

Congratulations on the game!

I just finished it, and while it wasn't quite my cup of tea (I left my comments on the game page), I do think that it's great that you've been able to make such a peculiar game, more or less by yourself, and that it's finding an audience. And I like how the atmosphere is sustained throughout.

One thing: Does the verb coin have to go away if you move the cursor outside it? It seemed unnecessarily fiddly to use.

Le Woltaire

Hi Snarky, thank you for your comment!

To answer your question: You are the second person who mentions the verb coin issue. I now decided to make the region bigger, that causes the verb coin to disappear. I think especially people with a fast mouse might have this problem, that they sometimes surpass the verbcoin accidentally.

SoSheSaid

I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed this game. It is really obvious that you put a lot of thought into every aspect of it. The atmosphere throughout the whole game was my favorite part, followed very closely by the conversations with the various characters. I noticed a couple typo's, but it wasn't anything that really hindered my enjoyment of the game as a whole whatsoever. This game is definitely in my top 5 favorite AGS games &  I cannot wait for a sequel!
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." ~Carl Sagan

Kitty Trouble

There was a bug, in the room to the upper-left of the room you start in. I forget what I clicked on, but my game crashed with the error of something like

In room 12..

oObject0.Interact no such module

or something

Le Woltaire

Rest in Peace Christian Lenz: 11.08.1972 - 05.02.2009

Christian Lenz supported the game A Second Face in his last days.
The last time I saw him, I showed him Exrael's Fanart picture, and he seemed to like it.
We shared some wine and bread, when I talked to him about the sequel, and the future of the game.

For unknown reasons Christian on Thursday 05.02.2009 decided to bring his own life to an end.
He was 37 years old and leaves his 10 years old son Maximilian in this world.

ThreeOhFour

Always sad to lose a friend, especially when there is a child.

My sympathy.

Exrael

I'm sorry such a terribly sad thing happened to you and his son. I hope there will be brighter days ahead for both of you.

Le Woltaire

Thanks to Paolo we can bring you the Spaghetti Edition of A Second Face.

It includes new walking animations for the player character, an Italian translation and several small edits.

I am releasing this now, but I have almost drunken a bottle of wine...
So if you discover a bug, please tell me because I can't figure out very much right now...

Big thanks to Paolo for his 10.000 lines Italian work!

paolo

Quote from: Le Woltaire on Wed 25/03/2009 23:12:52
Big thanks to Paolo for his 10.000 lines Italian work!

Prego! Uffa, quanto lavoro! (You're welcome! Phew, what a lot of work!) I hope those of us on AGS who speak Italian enjoy it, and I apologise in advance for any errors that might have slipped into my translation.

agsatoes

I get an error when I play 'A Second Face.' I asked the prison keeper of keys about 'guild' and the game crashes. It also seemed to crash with other inquiries, and also in Italian.

But very nice game, and I do enjoy the Italian translation!

Leon

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

agsatoes

ACI version 3.12.1074
in room85.asc line 53
error: Said: supplied word schl is not in dictionary or is an ignored word

Le Woltaire

Ah... OK...
I knew that I missed one...

"Supplied word Schl..."

Refers to "Schlüssel" and is a error that came with the conversion to AGS 3.1 from 3.0
For some reason all dialog words that contained a mutated vowel crashed the game after the conversion...

However you don't need the dialogue to conclude the game.
The prison will be used only in the third part of the game serie and is a pure gadget location in the first part...

I will correct and upload this bug in about three days...

Stee

Let me know when you've done so, Im not a fan of AGS3D stuff but this looks interesting.
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Le Woltaire

OK, the dialogue should work now.
Let me know if it doesn't, please.

Kitty Trouble

Sorry about the bump here, but are you still planning a sequel to this?

Le Woltaire

I am now releasing the Polish "Mazurek Edition" of "A Second Face".
The full changelist is on the frontpage.
Polish players should read the Polish readme.
If there are any problems with the game, please inform me.

I want to thank Kastchey for his incredible patience and modesty, that made this translation possible.
It was not easy to get Polish letters in the game and we had to face many other difficulties during the translation process.

anthonyjmf

Hi Le Woltaire,

Well done on a great game, I knew you must have come from an architectural background as the backdrops and scenes are very good. I especially like the focus element of characters up front, or the perspective maintained throughout with the margin factory in backdrop throughout; the whole story of margin defeciency is great, and mirrrors our true story of oil shortages etc. I work as a sustainable architect so would be interested in developing a similar game sometime in the future!

ON this game, I must be very new to adventure games or just not getting the plot, but can't seem to progress past the second glass of juice of which three are needed to power the lamp. I presume i need fishing rod to get last one from park, then shut down the power plant to remove water from stove, then somehow talk bout it to the girl in bar, ...just cant see how to earn 20 units to buy the rod!

Anyway, I havent seen any hints on hint site yet, so can u shed some light on this one?

Cheers,

Anthony

Quote from: Le Woltaire on Thu 01/01/2009 03:05:51
New Year Message:

Before you read this you should know, that I am totally drunk...
My girlfriend just brought me home and I maybe should already lie in my bed...
But I felt like writing a small message in order to thank all people that wrote something positive about my new game...

It was a difficult year for me... I had no real job and tried to keep myself up with some small web orders... Although I have a master degree in architecture with very good grades I choose not to apply for some big company and have a regular live...

Instead of this I created another adventure game which was something like a suicide project firstly about a guy who was looking for light... This game costed me a lot of time and energy... sometimes it honestly brought me to the limit of my powers... 

Now that I am finished with it I feel somehow empty, because I am still looking for the initiate spark for the sequel. But all messages that I got from you gave me a lot of power and hope...

At this point I would like to thank for all donations that I got from your side. With your help I was able to buy a new quality micro that will improve the quality of my sounds and voice actings (I worked with a 5$ karaoke micro since now).

I always believe that everyone of us can make something individual...
Adventure Game Studio carries a message of freedom in this sense...
In a world where industry is more important than ideas independant works gain an important value. They carry the spirit of freedom in their soul... It doesn't matter if it is an independent movie, a painting, a piece of music or maybe just a computer game. Most important is the believe in what you are doing...

The great artists that are my ideals - Vincent Van Gogh, Fritz Lang, Werner Herzog, Rainer Werner Fassbinder and many more- are just small carriers of a message that could change our cold world into a dreamlike world of light and darkness. This is why I tried to contribute with my small message in form of a computer game...

Whatever you do in the next year wherever you are... just try to keep looking for some light...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk