A Second Face - "The Eye of Geltz is watching Us" - Torrero Edition (Spanish)

Started by Le Woltaire, Tue 23/12/2008 12:11:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Woltaire

A Second Face
- The Eye of Geltz is watching us -

In the infinity of space there is a planet with two faces turning around an old, white sun to which it always shows the same side. The other is enveloped in total darkness.

On each face life has developed in a different way. The bright side is inhabited by people who call themselves Strefis, the illuminated ones, while the dark side is populated by the Ugeltz, the people of night.

No Ugeltz has ever seen a Strefis however each civilisation remembers the other, in legends.

Download the full German, English, Italian, Polish and Spanish game here (96 MB) :
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=download&game=1115

Mirror 1:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=download&game=1115&mirror=1

www.asecondface.com

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mK_xlqIzfc

Version:
Current version is version 1.6 (Torrero Edition)

Changes from Version 1.5 (Mazurek Edition):
- Updated the game to AGS Version 3.2
- Added Spanish translation (translation by Ptraci and Cireja)
- Improved all run cycles of Rabokk
- Rebuilt the original soundtrack with better samples
- Added two game given hints for keypoints in the storyline
- Made the game more compatible with Windows7 and vista
- Improved the word parser dictionary (+500 words)
- Fixed a bug with the background music during voice dialogs

Changes from Version 1.4 (Spaghetti Edition):
- Added Polish translation
- Made ambient sounds continuous during the Strefis Cutscene
- Fixed Morok's flying head in the vision cutscene
- Fixed the colored region bug that appeared when Direct3D is used
- Fixed a Direct3D related Object bug in the intro
- Fixed a Direct3D related Object bug in the last scene
- Added an installer with different languages for the game
- The Maze music was edited: It is now a choir that talks about transgression, light and darkness
- All savegames get built in the games folder now

Changes from Version 1.3:
- Game was compiled with AGS 3.12
- Added Italian translation and Italian language kit
- Made the Verbcoin borders a bit wider to make it more handy
- Added a hint that created more direction when dealing with the substance
- Added a message for an action with the juice extractor
- Corrected the save and load GUI proportions
- Overworked the walkable areas in the main city map
- Added new walking and speaking animations for Rabokk

Changes from Version 1.2:
- Fixed a speech bug in a dialog line with Brafok
- Fixed a small door issue in the avenue
- Fixed some small errors in the English translation

Changes from Version 1.1:
- Deleted some more spelling errors in the English version.
- Fixed a Bug, that caused a crash, when someone wanted to reenter the temple after directly leaving it.
- Fixed a wrong message after mixing some ingredients
- Fixed a wrong message with the lid of the juice extractor
- Fixed a useless walk to hotspot in the temple
- Fixed a wrong message when using a pedestrial in the maze
- Fixed some potential error at the palace that could cause a game crash when talking to Mandor
- Added a hotspot to the maze
- Made a walkbehind area more accurate
- Made even the smaller cutscenes skipable

Changes from Version 1.0:
- Made two rooms more accessible (made region bigger)
- Added optional third glass (for less confusion about all the liquids in the game)
- It is no longer possible to have two water glasses or substances at the same time
- Fixed a bug that made a second conversation with the upper class people not instantly possible
- A bug that hanged the game up after asking Morok something was corrected
- Rabokk was clickable in the cell, this is no longer possible now

Changes from BETA 0.9:
- Added inventory indicator if mouse wheel scrolling is possible
- Proof read German translation
- Made the gaining of Margin units a bit easier
- A small bug that hanged the game up after asking the cook something twice was corrected
- Some bugs of the same type in a conversation with Groth were corrected.
- Added five additional reactions for wrong inventory combinations. (such as: "I am not a fisherman." for "use fishing rod on river")

System Requirements:
1.2 GHz Machine
600 MB disk space
DirectDraw 5
Windows XP

The game includes German and English voices.
It is a full lenght game with investigative character,
based on a fantasy world.

I wouldn't recommend this game for kids under 12 years.

My thanks go to all who helped to conclude this project:
Javier Kohen, Alasdair Beckett, Katharina Wallisch, Sinitrena, Peder Johnsen, Idoia Irazuzta, Julio Pozo, Goriniche, Paul Giaccone

May the Eye of Geltz watch over them.

Buckethead

neon

I've downloaded and played a little bit. Seems like german speech output is incomplete? I don't have speech in some parts of the game. Also the readme file says that this is a beta version. Will there be a final release?

Nice game so far. Graphics are well made and the story is very dark and interesting. I will continue playing and give you more feedback in a few hours.

Le Woltaire

The game is partially voice acted. Just the major cutscenes have voices in both languages. It will remain like this.

Beta is just, because I wasn't sure if there still are minor bugs in it (e.g. spelling errors).
The game is definitely completely playable without any serious problems.

Practically I could have named it version 1.0...

neon

Ok, I found a typo, but can't remember it anymore. I will play from scratch and send you a message.

Thanks for the game.

AlbinoPanther

First I would like to congraulates you! I've waited for this release for awhile! Since the day I played your game Masters of sound :) I fell in love with your storytelling!

Aside from that graphics in your games looks quite good too!

Before I download this, can you please explain to me one thing. Is this the final release? Are there english voice overs in current version?

Thanks and bye

jkohen

Quote from: AlbinoPanther on Tue 23/12/2008 18:08:27
Is this the final release? Are there english voice overs in current version?

I'll answer this until Le Woltaire can update the first post to clarify the situation. Yes, this is the final release barring major bugs. That said, the game has been tested well enough. I was the last one to play it last yesterday and I couldn't find any scripting bug to speak of. It was also my first time playing the game, so believe me, I tried lots of "stupid" actions :-)

The voice overs are present in both German and English versions. The coverage should be the same, i.e. most cut-scenes. This a lot of text ― some cut-scenes are long and in my opinion the voice overs are hilarious. Don't worry, the music will keep you entertained even then when the characters remain silent.

Le Woltaire

As mentioned: In both languages there are partial voice overs.
Just the main cutscenes are voice acted.
It will remain like this.

The current release may contain some minor spelling errors...
It is possible, that I will bring out a modified translation file,
that can be downloaded seperately later.

Like every game by me it surely will get updated during the next year many times,
without changing the storyline or the puzzles. I will just smooth out some small things.

Five persons tested this release, I had a 8 hour chat-session with a blashirkh yesterday to see if any serious bug has hidden, that might prevent someone from concluding the game.

All puzzles animations, sound and music is included in this release.
So I'd call it the full release.

Dualnames

Yay this is finished. Thanks for this Xmas Gift.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

neon

Found a bug

Spoiler
After I got the knife from the cook and asking a second time, I say 'thanks again for the knife'. Then, there is no more chance to do anything. The talking line does not appear and I have no chance to leave the closeup view with the cook.
[close]

jkohen

Quote from: neon on Tue 23/12/2008 23:07:49
Found a bug

Spoiler
After I got the knife from the cook and asking a second time, I say 'thanks again for the knife'. Then, there is no more chance to do anything. The talking line does not appear and I have no chance to leave the closeup view with the cook.
[close]

Nice catch. My suggestion: don't ask for the knife twice ― you'll only be cutting things with one hand.

neon

I wanted to give it back. I'm a nice guy ;-)

AlbinoPanther

I think that your website is down? Check this out.
By the way I am happy to say that I started download...

I recived an e-mail from you (I even forgot that I subsribed to news :) ) today about Second face being released!

If you need some place to host your website (up to 8mb) I can provide you sub domain on my website (it's not yet finished) it could be like this http://faces.najboljiprovod.com

pm me if you are interested

Cheers

neon

The download is nearly 100 MB.

This game is really good. The puzzles are well thought, the story is very good. I didn't expect that it unfolds this way. I'm in the temple now and it's getting better and better. Grab your copy and play it!

Stupot

I'm still playing this game.
I'm really loving it.  The graphics are sweet, the soundtrack is great and the pacing of the story so far is spot-on.  The text-parser dialouge feature works really well and it's fun trying all the different words on various people.  This is fast becoming one of my favourite AGS games of all time.

I did however spot a minor spelling mistake... Orga, the vegetable lady says 'Thnak you' instead of 'thank you'...

Leon

Playing on and on... just don't want to stop. Want to see everything, talk to everyone. Very entertaining game. Great graphics. I like the parallax effect when moving. Well done!

Some notable quotes from the game while...

...looking at the books in the library: "ere are lots of information here about our culture."
...looking at the creature in the lab: "This thing definitly doesn't from our waters."
...using the cabinets from the scientists: "I should ask someone, if I want for something special..."
...talking to the slavetrader about 'slave': "Can you tell me something about yourselv, slave trader?"
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Akatosh

To sum up my thoughts about this game in five words: Play it, it is awesome. ;)

And sorry I couldn't help betatesting after all. Stupid real-life got in the way.  :-\

JayBTV

Downloaded this a few days ago but just got around to starting.  Wanted to say GREAT JOB!  Seems like a very very cool game.  I'm only about 10min in but I really like the flow.  The word responses will take some getting used to but it reminds me of the original Kings Quest where you had to come up w/ the right word.

Thanks a lot for all the work and for sharing this gem!!!

-Jay

Stupot

Finally finished :) with a smidgin of help from H&T
I loved it!  This game is something else.

Spoiler
Is there only the one ending? It seemed a bit bleak, being knocked out by Torg and having that cube stolen.  But I noticed in the credits that the story will continue... which brought a smile to my face.
[close]
:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk