WT for" A Second Face- The Eye of Geltz is watching us?????

Started by , Tue 23/12/2008 15:44:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Walkthrough is almost done. Due to the last few days with personal obligations I didn't have too much time. Expect one later tonight/tomorrow morning.

[edit]

Just curious (I've worked my way around it already):
Spoiler
I already have made the mixture (twice), and filled the glass with fruit twice. Then I drank the mixture at the dark manor and lost a glass in the process. Now I have only one glass and filled it with water from the temple. I need either another empty one or empty the one I have to use on the liquidiser.
[close]
How can that be done?
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

partydoc

Quote from: Leon on Mon 29/12/2008 18:09:00

[edit]

Spoiler
I already have made the mixture (twice), and filled the glass with fruit twice. Then I drank the mixture at the dark manor and lost a glass in the process. Now I have only one glass and filled it with water from the temple. I need either another empty one or empty the one I have to use on the liquidiser.
[close]
How can that be done?

I got the same problem, here is my solution:

Spoiler
Brew the mixture again - then you a have a glass full of mixture. Now, by "magic" you can find another empty glass in Rovinklus' Inn which was not there before finishing the solution. I also tried emptying the water in the river, the kettle in the kitchen or in the clear water by the temple - without success!
[close]

Waiting desperately for your WT, perhaps you found out things that I missed - though I finally finished the game by myself - with the help of the hints here this forum!  ;)

ALLA

Quote from: Leon on Mon 29/12/2008 18:09:00
Walkthrough is almost done. Due to the last few days with personal obligations I didn't have too much time. Expect one later tonight/tomorrow morning.

[edit]

Spoiler
[close]
How can that be done?

O..TRHANKS SO MUCH ! Iwaz about to uninstail game )
Take yr time.. its new year now coming.i dont think someone will have time to play.antway !
Happy New Year !!! Al de best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leon

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Alla

The most fentastic present to 1 January!!!!!
Thanks .Leon a lot ))   !!!!!!!

partydoc

Thank you very much for the walktrough, Leon! Hope you found your time for a sylvester party while writing it... Happy new year to you and all the users of this forum!

I'm still wondering if there are different solutions/endings to this game. And two questions remain open:

Spoiler
Is there something to do at the shipyard? Did someone manage to open the door?
And what about the prison tower? The fortune teller, when asked, tells Rabbok he has to "destroy something" to get to prison... Has anybody made this experience somehow?
[close]

Altogether, again a very interesting game by Le Woltaire, I am waiting for the sequel, perhaps some open questions may be answered there!

Babel

Hi everyone, it seems like I found a scripting error!

I was in the hall of the palace, talking to the servant, when I continiously pressed the enter key, in order to skip the conversation, when the game suddelny quit and following massage appeared:

"An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.10.1050)

in "room8.asc", line 24

Error: Said: supplied word 'o' is not in dictionary or is an ignored word"

Although I'm pretty certain that I hadn't pressed the 'o', only 'enter'.

Hope, I could help the developer of this wonderful game  ;)

Alla

1)
I am lost !!
I am looking now a dirty wall. I took third STATUE. , mace  and  mallet ,but I cant use it to get out ,cose its not in my inventory ! Any hint?
I reply it from moment I took a LEATHER CLOTHES of  Groth and still no mace  and  mallet in my inventory/Help plz
2)
And also,when i have conversation wz Groth, INSTEND OF WORD"SEX" i say -"me" and game froze-i have to go far bach-cose i didnt save Game for long time )
But now i need to know ,where is stuff in my inventory???????
-thanks

shimbo

Quote from: Alla on Sat 03/01/2009 17:45:57
1)
I am lost !!
I am looking now a dirty wall. I took third STATUE. , mace  and  mallet ,but I cant use it to get out ,cose its not in my inventory ! Any hint?
I reply it from moment I took a LEATHER CLOTHES of  Groth and still no mace  and  mallet in my inventory/Help please
2)
And also,when i have conversation wz Groth, INSTEND OF WORD"SEX" i say -"me" and game froze-i have to go far bach-cose i didnt save Game for long time )
-thanks

I think youve downloaded the older version cause Le Woltaire updated it with the new one though the setup file is the same as the older one. Simply download the file once again from the Forum Site and countinue there where youve stopped.

Works for Me
Hope that helps :P

Le Woltaire

Quote from: Alla on Sat 03/01/2009 17:45:57
1)
I am lost !!
I reply it from moment I took a LEATHER CLOTHES of  Groth and still no mace  and  mallet in my inventory/Helpplease
2)
-thanks

Hey Alla...
To get the mace and mallet in your inventory you have to pick them up first.
The mallet is upstairs in the temple.
The mace is behind the naked guys in the main room in the temple...

The bug with Groth's conversation about "me" was fixed in version 1.1 but is not necessary to conclude the game.

@Babel
Thank you for dicovering this bug...
In theory it shouldn't happen since no dialogs are possible in room 8 (Palace Hall).
Maybe there was a small delay between the dialog with Mandor and the return to the palace hall... I scripted something it can't happen anymore in the new version...

Attention when updating the game. The import of save games is not possible when you update from v0.9 to v1.0. However in theory it should be possible to import a savegame from v1.0 to v1.2

Alla

Le Woltaire, i did pick  mace and mallet twice but its not in MY inventory .
I mean this fact-
I think Shimbo get the point !
Just plz,can you give me exect reference,where from to download game again?
I download it early from Compl.Game anoncment,and i did it twice-waz not lacky from first time)
The Game is so extraordinary beautifull but i am not lacky wz it (
Thanks for kind reply//direct me again .plz )

Le Woltaire

Alla, since you have a early version you have one without the indication when your inventory is scrollable.

To scroll the inventory down you need to use your mouse wheel or the arrwo keys on the keyboard. Have you tried that? Perhaps you just have to many inventory items and didn't figure out that you have to scroll the inventory down...

When you open the inventory just push the down arrow button two or three times...

Alla

Quote from: Le Woltaire on Sat 03/01/2009 22:26:58
Alla, since you have a early version you have one without the indication when your inventory is scrollable.

To scroll the inventory down you need to use your mouse wheel or the arrwo keys on the keyboard. Have you tried that? Perhaps you just have to many inventory items and didn't figure out that you have to scroll the inventory down...

When you open the inventory just push the down arrow button two or three times...

O,DEAR .. OF COURSE i tryed to scroll up ,down,left)right) but..my inventory is not scrollable.!! there are NO any arrow there !
perhaps i download old vertion, as Shimbo said? Give me link,please to download again properly.I think i have 16 items in inventory-is it more than needed? O...MY ...God..i become tired from this mess..
Thanks 4 help but i really dont see any solution (

Le Woltaire

Use the arrow down button on your keyboard.
There is no arrow in the game itself...

Alla

Ya,it did the trick and also  mouse weel worked,thanks a lot !!
Sorry to buther you a lot )

Peder 🚀

Damn.. Is this a dead end? SORTED!
Spoiler
I used both glasses on the water.... and now I got one glass with water I dont know how to get rid off and I need to put the juice in it!
[close]

Also think I found a "bug"!
Spoiler
When I mix the mixture I never had to put any wine in it
[close]

sthomannch

Peder
Spoiler

I assume you have already got the recipe, otherwise you wouldn't know about the mixture. To finish the mixture, you need water. When you use the drink, you will empty the glasses (you will use it twice, in two different places)
[close]

Spoiler

For the juice, you need only one empty glass and only later in the game.
[close]

Bug
Spoiler

You need the wine, but read the comment carefully. Our hero mixes all three ingredients, only that you don't klick several times. Very convenient, isn't it?
[close]

Anat

When I got into the tavern with the slave hunter woman, she asked me how can I impress her and after some tries, I wrote "king" she replied "I see" and the game got stacked completely.

That's a real shame, I've been playing for hours...

Le Woltaire

Quote from: Anat on Wed 07/01/2009 14:41:54
When I got into the tavern with the slave hunter woman, she asked me how can I impress her and after some tries, I wrote "king" she replied "I see" and the game got stacked completely.

That's a real shame, I've been playing for hours...

I believe you are playing with the earliest BETA version of the game.
I already fixed this bug for version 1.0 since it was mentioned before...
However the conversatin "king" is not necessary to go on with the game.

Here is a summary of all known conversation bugs that hanged the game in version 0.9:
- Don't ask the cook for a "knife" if you already have one.
- Don't ask Morok about the "Palace".
- Don't ask Groth about: "Me", "Rabokk", "Ugk", "King" (others may also be risky).
- Don't talk to the bathing people at the temple twice instantly (they will refuse conversation).

A summary of all corrections since your download can be found here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=36374.0

Current version is 1.2

Anat

Thanks for your quick reply Le Woltaire,
I checked and I was playing version 1.0.

Any tips in case I get stuck again, can I still 'save' my game somehow?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk