WT for" A Second Face- The Eye of Geltz is watching us?????

Started by , Tue 23/12/2008 15:44:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Woltaire

It is not possible to save in a stucked dialog situation such as yours...
If you retalk to Groth just save before you do so in case it might happen again.
Unfortunately there were a lot of conversation bugs with her at the tavern...

If you play version 1.0 it might be possible to update the game.
Redownload it and copy your last savegame into the save directory.
If the game manages to load the savegame (I'm not enitrely sure)
the conversation with Groth will run perfectly.

lynnf

please help - I cannot buy the wine as I have only 4 margins.  I read that I have to sell something but I cannot find the cup at either the factory or the shipyard.

Leon

Well, this is a bit of a trick. There are ways to find objects to sell, but only if you get below three Margin Units.
To get more Margin Units and standing on the market:

Spoiler
- Walk all the way to the left to the boathouse
or
- Climb the stairs to the left and go to the factory. Inside walk all the way to the right and behind the big containers you can find an object.
Pick up the object and take it back to the market. There you can sell the object to the man in the souvenir stall.
[close]
So a suggestion could be to go to the fortune teller and spend some more or.... see what else you can buy on the market that's cheaper. Since I don't know what you've done already or where you are in the game, it's difficult to say what to do exactly.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Le Woltaire

Spoiler

Actually instead of going to the Factory at that point you can also go to the harbour or the undertown and you might discover something to sell...
[close]

Alla

What a wonderfull GAME !!
Amazing animaition...graphic..storry..
I played it twice and will play again )
Thanks to so talanted autor !! :) :) :)

paolo

OK, I'm all out of Margin and the above suggestions don't work for me:

Spoiler

If I go into the factory, I get thrown out because I don't have a work permit. I don't know how to get one.
[close]

Spoiler

I haven't found a way of spiking the fortune-teller's drink yet... neither the chopped fish or the herb did anything when I tried to put them into the goblet.
[close]

Spoiler

I can't go to Undertown yet.
[close]

Spoiler

I can't find anyone at the harbour.
[close]

But all of the above are probably because I haven't got that far with the game yet:

Spoiler

I've got the knife from the cook; bought a fish, some kra, a statue and some Goozon; talked to the doctor, innkeeper and all of the market traders; spent the rest of my money on the fortune-teller; and filled the glass with water from outside the temple. I also have a pen and an empty bucket.
[close]

Any suggestions for what I could try doing next? Thanks!

Leon

A permit is easilly obtained....
Spoiler
... by going to the inn. The drunk at the table has something in his pocket.
[close]
As for the rest:
Spoiler
- Don't worry about the drink, that's much later..
- Dito for the undertown. You'll know when you're ready.
- There won't be anyone in the harbour so you can stop looking there.
[close]
Other suggestions:
Spoiler
Help the beggar on the avenue. Somehow he is the key to everything else...
[close]

mr.me

Spoiler
I found a walk through for this game and I'm at the maze.  I'm supposed to put the triangular statue on the first pedestal in the second row? When I try that nothing happens. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? Here is a picture with the spot that isn't working circled. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/me5000/asecondface2.jpg
[close]

Leon

Then it's the wrong walkthrough ;-)  I haven't heard of any bugs in the maze yet (and it's been played quite a lot!) It all depends on where you start to count. If you go back to default settings of the maze the solution is:

Spoiler
Number all pedestals from left to right, top to bottom. The top floor has 16 pedestals, the floor below 9 and the bottom floor 4. The statues are round (R), square (S) or triangular (T). The solution:

Floor 1: 1S, 2S, 3T, 4S, 7S, 8(down)
Floor 2: 1T, 3S, 1T, 2(up)
Floor 1: 12R, 8(down)
Floor 2: 8 (down)
Floor 3: 2T, 3(up)
Floor 2: 9T, 7S, 9T, 2(up)
Floor 1: 16S, 15R, 8(down)
Floor 2: 8(down)
Floor 3: 4(down)
[close]

So it's either your sequence that's not correct or you're not using the right statue after all. If you're really sure they are both right, send me your saved game and I'll have a look.

mr.me

I was counting the wrong way, I though each row was each group of four pedestals. Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk