Previous topic - Next topic

HillBilly

MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALFRED ROBBINS
version 1.0.2.7

Download:
You can download it from HERE (7mb)
Here's a MIRROR (7mb)
Check out the game's website here

Made in roughly two weeks for the holidays. Now that the whole Christmas business is out of the way, it's time to play some Christmas games! Any bugs you encounter you can PM to me or Babar, or just post them in this thread. Remember the spoiler tags:)

Story & Graphics by 'HillBilly'
Programming by 'Babar'
Music by 'i stole your car/o64'

Enjoy!

Updated 01.02.09:
Version 1.0.2.0 released, fixing all known bugs.
Version 1.0.2.1 released, adding game icons.
Version 1.0.2.5 released, improving some graphics.
Version 1.0.2.7 released, fixing stuff and improving some other stuff..

Frodo

Looks brilliant.  I love the look of the main character.   :)

HillBilly

There's been a slight update, fixing a few minor bugs and adding some small improvements.  :)

Leon

I like this game but I have the feeling something is missing or I am not doing it properly. In the previous version (they have both v1.0 in the upper right corner)
Spoiler

I was able to take the hair clip and saw a hook in the ceiling. In the new version I can't take the clip anymore and the hook is gone. Other than that I can't do much.

I have reconstructed Santa and need a beard. I know where to get it but am not able to.
[close]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Babar

Hillbilly is not around to update the proper link yet, but meanwhile I suggest you use this link, which is a slight update over the last one:

Merry Christmas, Alfred Robbins
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Leon

What's different with the version from the link at the top? It's both the new version?

HillBilly

Quote from: Babar on Fri 26/12/2008 19:34:33
Hillbilly is not around to update the proper link yet, but meanwhile I suggest you use this link, which is a slight update over the last one:

Merry Christmas, Alfred Robbins

I don't have WinRAR here at work, but if I understand you correctly this is the newer new version?  :P

Leon, I'd appreciate it you used spoiler tags in your posts, and I'm thinking mostly of the first one.

Babar

Unless Hillbilly just updated it now, the link I provided is a newer version that both the previous links Hillbilly provided.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Leon

Quote from: HillBilly on Fri 26/12/2008 19:43:07
Leon, I'd appreciate it you used spoiler tags in your posts, and I'm thinking mostly of the first one.

Sorry about that....

Quote from: Babar on Fri 26/12/2008 19:46:57
Unless Hillbilly just updated it now, the link I provided is a newer version that both the previous links Hillbilly provided.

But I still can't see any difference in versions. I'm still unable to continue....? Your link and Hillbilly's gave me the same timestamp (12:31) and they are both different from the first version I downloaded.

i stole your car

Hey hey! That was great fun, especially for being produced in such a small amount of time, the art and animation is great and the game carried a lot of atmosphere.

Dualnames

Damn, was I sure Babar was on to something. I should have got it at the first place. Good jolly game.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Frodo

Just finished it.  Brilliant game, thanks HillBily, Babar, and I Stole Your Car.   ;D

And wow!  What an ending.  I didn't expect that.   :D

I noticed a small discrepency though.  It's nothing much, but thought I should mention it anyway.
Spoiler
When you take present for wife out the safe, it's a WHITE dress.  At end of the game, she is wearing a RED dress, and she thanks you for the RED dress.
[close]

Awesome work though.   ;D

CROS

I'm not sure how you guys were able to proceed any further. I'm having the same problems as Leon. It seems like I can't proceed any further.

Spoiler
I can get get so far as to put the santa claus back together with the glue. I used to be able to use his shaving brush with the red nail polish to then paint the santa, but it won't let me do that anymore. And I can't grab the green hair clip from his wife. Anyone have any hints? Am I doing something wrong?
[close]

HillBilly

Quote from: Frodo on Sat 27/12/2008 18:17:26
Just finished it.  Brilliant game, thanks HillBily, Babar, and I Stole Your Car.   ;D

And wow!  What an ending.  I didn't expect that.   :D

I noticed a small discrepency though.  It's nothing much, but thought I should mention it anyway.
Spoiler
When you take present for wife out the safe, it's a WHITE dress.  At end of the game, she is wearing a RED dress, and she thanks you for the RED dress.
Spoiler

Awesome work though.   ;D
[close]
[close]
Glad you enjoyed it. I can tell you as much as I'm aware of it, and it's on purpose.

CROS, I'd check out the hints thread. There was a bug in the previous version regarding the nail polish.

Leon

Appearantly no one wants to believe me (or us) but there is nothing to do. All the hints are great and I'm sure it's me that does something wrong but for the third time:

Spoiler
There is nothing in the bed, nothing under the fridge and nothing in the toilet. I can select them all, and all I see is: this is your fridge, this is your toilet and he's lying under his christmas blanket. There really is nothing to do!! I just downloaded version 1.013 and it has the same problems.
[close]

And it's getting worse:
Spoiler
I can't use the nailpolish anymore. I now have the note from under the fridge.
[close]

Found a bug:

Spoiler
While using the shaving brush (without the polish)  on the glued santa I see: You try to memorize the code...
[close]

HillBilly

Quote from: Leon on Sat 27/12/2008 19:48:36
Appearantly no one wants to believe me (or us) but there is nothing to do. All the hints are great and I'm sure it's me that does something wrong but for the third time:

Spoiler
There is nothing in the bed, nothing under the fridge and nothing in the toilet. I can select them all, and all I see is: this is your fridge, this is your toilet and he's lying under his christmas blanket. There really is nothing to do!! I just downloaded version 1.013 and it has the same problems.
[close]

Spoiler
You're right about the second point. After you've clicked under the fridge once he only walks over to the fridge when you click underneath. I'm currently trying to bother Babar to fix it. You should be able to progress, though. Why would there be anything in the bed or toilet?
[close]

Leon

If there's nothing in or under the bed then...

Spoiler
... why's Frodo suggesting to pull the sheets to find the shard there?
[close]

HillBilly

I don't know. Maybe take that discussion to the hints thread?  :)

Leon

Yeah, I'll take it there. I must say it's not completely as I said but whatever he tells us also doesn't work. I'll continue there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk