Merry Christmas, Alfred Robbins

Started by Leon, Sat 27/12/2008 09:52:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I don't know how to continue.

Spoiler
I took the crushed santa, glued it, painted it.... and now?

I need a beard, know where to get it but how? I once took the hair clip from my wife, downloaded the new version and can't take it anymore. Other than that, I can look at several things but can't pick it up anymore in the new version.
[close]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Play_Pretend

I'm stuck at the same point as him, except

Spoiler
I managed to get the hair clip off the wife...but I have no idea what to do from there.  And I noticed the trapdoor in the ceiling, but it has no reaction if I click on it.
[close]

Leon

Quote from: Strange Visitor on Sat 27/12/2008 11:21:53
Spoiler
I managed to get the hair clip off the wife...but I have no idea what to do from there.  And I noticed the trapdoor in the ceiling, but it has no reaction if I click on it.
[close]

Then  you're still playing with the 'old' version. I was able to do that too in the old version. The new one doesn't show the trapdoor anymore.

Frodo

Leon, why do you need the wife's hair clip?   8)

Clue 1
Spoiler
You need it to reach something under the fridge
[close]

Clue 2
Spoiler
You don't even know that there is something under fridge until you find the safe
[close]

Clue 3
Spoiler
Safe is behind painting in the kitchen
[close]

Clue 4
Spoiler
Now click on bottom of fridge, then click on hair clip. 
[close]

:)

But now I am stuck.
Spoiler
Where is glue to fix the broken santa?   ???
[close]

Leon

Allright, we can help each other here...

Spoiler
The glue is in the bag in the corner next to the tree. There's a pencilcase in it but looking at it reveals the glue.
[close]

Now, I've found the safe already but that doesn't change anything about the hair clip or anything underneath the fridge at all....

Strange way of discovering things you don't know are there, can't see at all and can't even take....   :o Hmmm. Is it me or does this suck....?  ::)  I like adventuring but please don't overdo it...

Frodo

Ahh, found it.  Thanks Leon.   :)

Now I can help you.  Do you have:
Spoiler
the shard of glass?  If not, go into your son's room, and pull the white blanket over him.  Now go into the bathroom to throw-up (?), and in the process, you will accidently knock nail polish to the floor.  Try to pick it up, and you will get a shard of glass. 
[close]

Now to:
Spoiler
finish the santa, use glass shard on cushion in the Living Room to get some cotton.  After you glue & paint the santa, use lump of cotton on the glue, then stick cotton onto the santa.  Voila!   ;)
[close]

Leon

I'm sure I'm a complete idiot but:

Spoiler

-I don't see glass in the bed after pulling the blanket.
-I don't see anything under the fridge after moving the picture in the kitchen
-I can't throw up in the toilet.
[close]

Since there's no indication whatsoever what's selected (only the cursor turns red) I have the feeling it's a pixelhunt in every room. Do I use the wrong mouse-buttons? This isn't exactly the first game I've played but I've never felt so frustrated with any.

HillBilly

To open the safe:

Spoiler

-Click the painting in the kitchen
-Click the safe
-Click underneath the fridge
-You can now borrow the hair clip claw. Pick it up.
-Use the hair clip claw under the fridge.
[close]

CROS

I've done the whole safe thing correctly, but I can't seem to do what Frodo was talking about.

Spoiler
I can pull the blanket over him. He talks about the cat (did it die or soemthing), but then nothing else happens. I've tried clicking all around his bed, under it and everything, but still nothing.
[close]

Leon

Same here.

Spoiler
I can pull the blanket but can't seem to do anything else. I at first see a message about calling someone to fix the central heating, then only something about Christmas linen. I never saw something about a cat.... :o That's when you pick up the figurine...
[close]
What versions are we using here? Are these the same?

I now understand that I need to do
Spoiler
something with the toilet but how? I think that when I knock over the polish I have the shard and can use the brush to paint. But I can't get that far. How to use the toilet?   :-[ Please I HAVE TO GO!!! (Does anyone have Pampers?  ;))
[close]

Frodo

Hey Leon & Cros

Sorry, I wasn't completely clear.  There is certain things you can't pick up, or even have access to, until certain other tasks are completed. 

To get the glass shard:

Spoiler
1. Go into the son's bedroom and pull the blanket\christmas linen over him to keep him warm.  You should get a message about central heating.  Leave the bedroom. 

2. Go into the bathroom.  You will get a strange feeling in your stomach, and automatically throw up in the toilet.  I don't know if flushing afterwards is required, but I flushed anyway.  You will have knocked nail polish onto the floor by accident.  Try to pick it up, and you will get a glass shard now (cos nail polish bottle broke).  Leave the bathroom. 

3.  Look at orange cushion on the sofa.  You don't like that cushion.  Use glass shard on the cushion to cut it open, and get some cottom from inside.  Use glue with cotton, then use cotton on Santa. 
[close]

I am going to download the new version (1.03 I think?) to see what has changed.  I'll keep you posted. 

Leon

Whatever I do in the bathroom after I've pulled the blanket, I'm feeling perfectly fine.....   :)

(Hmmm... reading this whithout having a clue what's going on must be quite interesting...   :D )

HillBilly

Spoiler
You've probably just forgotten to give your wife her present.
[close]

Frodo

Hillbilly could be right.  Also, I missed out a vital step.  Sorry.   :-[

Re: The glass shard
Spoiler
When you are sick in the toilet, you accidently knock over nail polish.  You should really clean it up.  Go to kitchen, and get paper roll from table.  Now return to bathroom, and use paper roll on the spilled nail polish.  You cut yourself, then you pick up the glass shard. 
[close]

CROS

Yup, HillBilly, that was it.

After finishing it... dang, man.

Leon

Indeed I didn't. So much for a non-linear game. What on earth has

Spoiler
giving a present to my wife
[close]
to do with
Spoiler
feeling sick?
[close]

I'm a bit (understatement here) disappointed by the linearity of this game. You must do one thing first before another can be done that has nothing to do with each other. Now if I stumbled upon a smell or something or I opened the fridge and got sick, ok. But out of the blue, after

Spoiler
giving a present to the misses, receiving a phone call and pulling the blanket over my son?
[close]

I really don't get it. My problem, I know, but sorry.

[update]

Another bug?

Spoiler
After returning santa and lighting the candle, I can take another pencilcase from the backpack
[close]

[another update]

I really, really don't get it.

Spoiler
Not knowing what to do after returning the figurine and lighting the candle I reloaded a previous game. Seeing if I could reproduce the mentioned bug above. Now I returned the figurine again, lit the candle, step back into the living room is the tree full of lights... Where the &#&# did that come from?
[close]

Ok so the game continues here.... But why didn't I see that trapdoor before? It's there all of a sudden..... Or is it really me?

Frodo

Quote from: Leon on Sat 27/12/2008 22:53:43
Ok so the game continues here.... But why didn't I see that trapdoor before? It's there all of a sudden..... Or is it really me?

It's not just you.  The trapdoor only appears at the end, for some reason.
???

EKM

How come when I take the
Spoiler
glued cotton and try to apply it onto the Santa figure, it says something about remembering the code of the note? It's the Santa figure, not the note. I've already opened the safe and I've already left the gift on the table. Is this a bug??
[close]

HillBilly

Quote from: EKM on Sun 28/12/2008 23:32:35
How come when I take the
Spoiler
glued cotton and try to apply it onto the Santa figure, it says something about remembering the code of the note? It's the Santa figure, not the note. I've already opened the safe and I've already left the gift on the table. Is this a bug??
[close]

It is. I've mailed Babar about it, as well as the bug Leon mentioned with the backpack(it's been fixed but not released yet).

If anyone feels they've come to a point in the game where they can't finish because of a bug, please PM me. There's been enough minor bugs to make this embarrassing, but it should be possible to play from finish to end no matter what.

This is the last time I work with a deadline.  :P

sthomannch

EKM
Spoiler

use the brush on the nail polish, then paint the figurine. After that, you can glue the cotton ball on the figurine
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk