Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

JNSlay

Hi I am busy with remake for Police Quest 1-3, put together in a single game with roughly the same graphics as PQ3, or maybe a total graphics overhaul.

Team needed:
1.  Backgrounds Artist
2.  Character Animator

Help will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards!

Dualnames

I need some beta testers for a small project which is finished. HHGTG fans might be needed. (First book).
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

It's been a while since I've been active in the AGS community and I've been handed a game idea I'm really keen to turn into a full game.  If the project starts off well, there's a chance for it to be released commercially, so anybody involved will be welcome to a share of any profits.

At the moment I'm looking for a background artist, preferably a colourist too, but if you're only able to provide pencil sketches I'd be happy with any help you could provide.  I'm happy for the artist to bring their own style to the game and to work at their own pace, have a quick read of the synopsis below and get back to me if you feel like you'd be up for it.

The idea was pitched to me as a kind of pastiche of the traditional 'boys own' storytelling.  Set in Victorian England (Though the location could be changed to suit an art style if it was completely necessary)  it's the story of a boy who ventures to find the 'greatest hero of his generation' Sir Randwich Dodge to get his father out of some trouble.  

I've got the whole plot pretty much sorted right now.  I see the game as having four distinct 'chapters' that could be released together or seperately, and the puzzles and plot for chapter one are all ready to go.

If you're interested you can either PM me or e-mail me (1990jordan@gmail.com) and I'd be happy to give you any more details.

Tailgunner

Hi, everybody. We're still searching for someone who want to join in our team as background artist or/and animator. The project is called Return to Monkey Island. Here's an in-game screen from the demo:

As you can see, we have an artist, but we need someone who can help him with the animation because he can't do everything. If you're intrested send me a private message here in this forum. ;D

So, if anyone want to know more about the game, here's the official site: www.returntomi.altervista.org

Ah, and sorry for my crappy english but i'm italian.  ;D

(deleted)

Is there, out there, an AGSer fluent in Ukranian and/or Russian?

I'm needing some guidance regarding these languages - possibly some light translation. Thank you!

Moresco

Looks like this thread was massively pruned.  Oh well, I still need some help so if anyone is interested, hit me up in this thread or PM me:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=33685.0

-------

The Game:  Police Quest II - Extended Edition

I could use help with the following:

Background assistance - Someone who can produce basic sketches or better, of backgrounds with proper proportions, a good grasp on value.  Must have a decent understanding of perspective, and it would be highly beneficial if the person also understood composition.  --- You will be doing thumbnail sketches and we'll pick the best choice for the scene together.  I will be doing most of the final work on the backgrounds, but a boost in production time would rock.  Res is 640x400.

Animation assistance - There are a lot of things to draw, and even more frames of those things to be drawn as well.  So help here would be great, it would get the game done a lot faster.

Art style changes!
I'm switching from photo-realism to a high-resolution version of Sierra style paintings.  You can see samples on the thread linked above.  The photo-realistic version is still going to be done, but it's taking the back seat right now.

If it helps you to know, I am skilled at coding, background art, graphics, animation, music, sound, and really only need a little bit of help with those things mentioned above.  I have a hardcore work ethic and I do like to get things done.  If you're that kind of person, we may work well together and finish this remake quickly - if not, you may want to pass on this.   There's also no pressure to join theRedPress team, but I'm also looking for individuals to stay on and help create oodles of classic adventure games, ala' Sierra's "Quest" games.

That's it, thanks for reading,
-Brent

::: Mastodon :::

Czar

Hi.

I was typing a really nice post earlier which got deleted and so I don't feel like typing it anymore.  :P

I'm looking for a teacher let's say. An entusiastic (or not) and patient mentor who could show me the basic coding process in AGS, and in between we would make a few short, maybe one room games, just so to make some.  :)

I'm a potentially fine artist (like sketching) but that isn't the point. The point are them fun short games.

Thanks in advance.

Peas. :)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

NsMn

Hi,

I'm still looking for background and character artists for my game. The grahpics are in 320*200, for a example of style I'd say - something like in Gabriel Knight 1 or "The forgotten element". Interested...or just nothing else to do?  ;D
PM-Me!

Fedx

Hi, I wanted to tell you about a proyect in wich we are working.

It's a pre-secuel of Maniac Mansion about Dr. Fred and his story.
It will feature a Scumm gui like Day of the Tentacle
We need musicians, background artists (pixelart ones) and betatesters.

Screenshots:

More info: quiky2007@hotmail.com
- The gamer doesn't dies... he respawns -

xenogia

The Jonestown Conspiracy Needs You

I am currently looking for voice actors for the first episode of my game that is scheduled for release early August.  You can check out the game here for background information.  What I am looking for are actors who can pull off american accents quite well and who would love to help out.

These are the characters as follows:

Narrator - A strong voice (doesn't have to be american)
Evan Michaels - Warm, kind and very naive. Has a sarcastic tone his voice.
Thomas - An ex cop who gets excited a bit too easy.
Monica - A felow work colleague who has a dry sense of humour and has an extremely sarcastic tone to her voice.
Ward Bushee - Your boss and editor-in-chief.  An impatient man that has a sense of anger to his voice but has a heart of gold.
Grace - A scared woman that is on the brink of suicide
Barry - Grace's husband, an elderly man who is confused about her wife's well being.
Courier - A young man who just doesn't like his job at all. Comes across jaded (minor role)
Mailman - A man with a strong southern voice (minor role)
Sean - A young IT guy who rambles on a bit about technology. (minor role)
Receptionist - An elderly women who gets frustrated over people asking her too many questions.
Mysterious CIA Agent - Dark, forboding and intimidating.

If your interesting in doing this email me at support@xenogiagames.com or PM me.  Also to note the subject matter is disturbing for the game and there is some minor language also.  I would love your help :)

-- Dean

Vince Twelve

Hey everybody, the Resonance team is looking for another artist to help out with some closeup screens.  Basically, the main background artist knocks out all these great backgrounds, but sometimes I'd like to flesh them out more with additional closeups of the items in the screen.  These closeup screens are almost always interactive, like zooming in on a security panel to enter a passcode, or zooming in on a valve to turn a crank.

I'd rather have the artist spend the time he has available on the remaining backgrounds and get someone else to work on these closeups.  Currently, I've been kind of filling some of them with programmer art just as placeholders so I can get the interactivity in place.  But I'd like to have someone make them real purdy.

Requirements: you must be able to make the closeups match the existing style of the backgrounds.

Examples:  Two released screenshots show one of the closeups:

The room background:

Closeup on the chest's lock:

Here's another example with my crap programmer art.  The room background:

Closeup on the computer on the desk:

I need someone to fix those up.  Are you up to the task?  Send me an email at vince.twelve@gmail.com hopefully with some examples of your work.

DeviantGent

Sup folks. A new project over at the Reality on the Norm subforum could use some additional people, preferably those with some experience of the series. The project is called Virtual Reality and is intended to be a developer's tool that combines all of the backgrounds and characters to have been in a RON game so far, along with encyclopediac style entries on the characters and locations.

If you're interested, head over to the Virtual Reality topic and download the beta version. Make a post if there's a character/location you want to make a submission for.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

MRollins

Sprite artist/Animator needed. We've had a few people interested but they somehow seem to disappear after they tell you they plan on working on the project.  ;)

All of the abckgrounds are completed and Mods has agreed to do some music so we are really only missing an animator to get this thing completed.

A lot of the sprites are created but the game calls for a lot of unique animations. The game takes place on an alien world in a retro sci fi setting so there's room to stretch creatively. PM me for more info and samples.

Michigami

i need someone with a moderate to advanced knowledge of coding to help in the production of a game currently codenamed "michiquest".

i am capable of the minor and basic code script elements, but as the game progresses i find myself haunting the forums looking for tips and modules anyway, so I might as well find a part-time coder to help out.  I've already got 60% of the sprites, backgrounds, and basic rooms completed for the full game, but i need some help adding the more complicated gameplay features i need.

PM for more info and to apply if interested.

i MAY also need some musical assistance if my current composer vanishes (once sims3 comes out, i know we'll never see him in person again. -_- )

examples of the kind of more complicated resources i'll need are as follows:

-character stat/info screen (either as GUI or another temp room, i don't care anymore, it just needs to WORK.)

-evolving characters and buyable job classes, and view changes for each. (i have all the sprites and basic changes for them, but i need assistance with other functions also associated with them.)

-day counter/ calendar tracker (pick and apple, in 2 days it respawns and can be picked again, ect...)

-want-ads, readable town bulletin board, and "active quest" counters/log.

-LOTS of diceroll/randomized upon entry type settings, and some assistance with inventory structuring.

contributors will receive listing in the game credits, my undying adoration, and the right to brag to their friends about having worked on this project.  possibly a keychain themed from the game if i like you/your work enough.

Helme

Currently I'm working on a game that connects 2 subjects, that simply had to be connected: zombies & fastfood!
The game is medium sized and I try to create a feeling of weird humor like in day of the tentacle or Sam&Max: Hit the road.

The game ist already nearly finished, but I'm not satisfied with some of my cutscenes, the look of some backgrounds and some animations.  So I need help with that.

The game is in german (I will translate it in english, maybe also french, as soon as everything else is done), so it would be easier to work with someone who speaks german.

Dualnames

I require someone to help with creating walkcycles for around 10 characters (4 directions), for the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
PM me.

The style of the sprites is this

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/JustLedZep/Pic16.png

(The ones on the right)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

MoodyBlues

I'm looking for an artist to help with Atapi 2!  His or her responsibilities will include creating backgrounds, sprites, and character portraits.  The ideal candidate will "paint" images that capture the natural beauty of plains and forests as well as bring characters to life.

If you are interested, please send me a private message with some samples of your work.

Thanks!
Atapi - A Fantasy Adventure
Now available!: http://www.afwcon.org/

Dualnames

Okay, well, I need someone who has read all the five books of Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy, as an advisor of certain issues. He/She should also have very basic knowledge of games (being able to play games that is). PM me if interested.

MRollins

Sprite artist/Animator needed.

This is a PAID position. I will pay up to $250 for animations (Don't tell my sprite artist :)). This is how bad I want to complete this game.

The game will still be freeware so no one's going to be able to retire on this but I am willing to give a fair price for the animations needed. PM me for details.

All of the abckgrounds are completed and Mods has agreed to do some music so we are really only missing an animator to get this thing completed.

A lot of the sprites are created but the game calls for a lot of unique animations. The game takes place on an alien world in a retro sci fi setting so there's room to stretch creatively. PM me for more info and samples.

Scarab

Hey all. I've had an idea for my first game for a while now, and I've decided to commit to this and make it. I can handle the story and probably most of the coding myself... but my artwork leaves much to be desired. I can get all my ideas down onto paper, but I have a lot of trouble turning them into rooms and characters that look nice, be that due to primitive software or poor artwork skill.

I need someone to help me with the Lucasarts speech panels and the rooms, or at least take what I have so far and pretty it up a bit, and help with the sprites would be preferable, though not essential.

The graphical 'style' I was hoping for is somewhat serious, however if you've got something 'cartoony' and it works, then I'm willing to look at that too.

No real time preassure, as this is mostly just a casual project for me,

However, more people on the team would also help me to become more productive.

PM me if you are able to help or if you'd like to see what I've got so far.

Assistance is much appreciated

Peace
Scarab

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk