Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

TandyLion

Hey all, I was hoping to have a volunteer to assist with story development and puzzle implementation. I have the first chapter of my game already penciled out, but I would like to stay consistent with what would be considered intelligent game design. Does the flow of my game make sense. Is the character doing what would be natural? Am I making unnatural assumptions that the player should just  understand his directives?

Anyone interested just send me a message here.

FYI: The game is in the spirit of an old classic early 90s game.

joelphilippage

The first job is taken but if you would like to make a pixely kid like this one

just download this folder and recolor or make your own to look like a kid wearing a halloween costume. you will get a credit in my game and have my thanks.
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Devil.zip

musicMan

hi,

i must apologize, i posted in the wrong spot.
this post has been edited to get rid of the post that i made.
sorry guys,

cheers,
musicMan
----------
musicMan

Takyon

ghost.

Fireball16

I need some 2d running sprites in amour ;D ;D

nos es posterus
*we are the future*

Joseph DiPerla

OK. I am looking for some help here. All these years I have been trying to make a game. I have absolutely no graphical talent. NONE! I have had an idea for a Star Wars game for years now. I have scrapped my idea's and developed new ones. I have finally come up with something I want to make a reality and I need help, desperately. The game graphics are to be 320x200. I have come up with a story. I have developed puzzles and I have also decided on characters, GUI options and such. So the game idea is well underway. I also have (Crappy) game sketches to work with as well. Unfortunately I cannot pay anyone, but this is what I am looking for to begin with:

Main game idea: 320x200 32bit graphics. Based on Star Wars Coruscant Nights Trilogy. It will be a continuation of Jax Pavan and his gang. The graphic style I am trying to imitate is a cartoonish style ala DOTT or similar. The game will be freeware.

CHARACTER ARTIST(s): Looking for someone who can draw and color characters as well as animate them. Basic walking and talking is needed. Some expressions may need to be drawn as well. Must have the ability to work in a team. Must be able to draw alien type creatures as well. Looking for good animation detail for this one. 1 or more can fill in this position.

GUI ARTIST: I just need one person to help me design an animated GUI appropriate for Star Wars. This includes your basic action GUI with verb actions, An inventory GUI, Text GUI  Force GUI, Weapons GUI, etc... Just so you know, there will be more than one playable character and each will have different GUI's. Only one person is required for this. But I am accepting teams if you come in teams.

INVENTORY ARTIST(s): Looking for inventory artists to help me design animated inventory items based on Star Wars.

BACKGROUND ARTIST(s): Looking for an artist who can create detailed backgrounds and compile them into a room with the appropriate walkable area's and such. Must also have the ability to draw room objects and create some simple animations.

If your interested, Please PM me. DO NOT PM ME FOR OTHER POSITIONS. I WILL ASK FOR THEM WHEN I NEED THEM.  

When you apply, I will ask you for your sample work. Please note that the quality of the images must be comparable to DOTT or COMI. Thanks for looking. I hope we can come to some arrangement.

Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Fireball16

ive had an idea for a game called adventure world where you travel round a massive world collecting items, wepons and monster friends it would be 800 x 600.

i need:

A spritis has to be good at animations and can make very good objects

a background artist needs to be very experienced in background making

a scripter needs to know nearly all the scripting commands

a inventory artist needs to be able to draw detailed small images

a gui needs to have made quite a few gui's befor

pm me if you'd like to help and i'll get back to you next week because i'm going on holiday today.

nos es posterus
*we are the future*

Joseph DiPerla

I changed my request above for an artist who can do 320x200 since hi-res seems to be too time consuming.
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Jim Reed

*removed*

Radiant

I'm looking for someone who can do translations from English into Spanish.

Specifically, for the games Quest for Yrolg, and Warthogs.

The games aren't that large, about 20 and 40 kb of textfile respectively. PM me if interested, thanks!

Synok

Hello,

I am currently seeking graphicians that can create good graphics and animation cycles (Walk, Pickup, Use, etc.) for our next project called Tales of Time. For questions about the game, check the announcement topic about it.

Regards,  :)

// Synok

musicMan

hi guys!

i'm making my first game and i can do everything except for the characters.... well i can actually draw characters but its getting them to walk thats the problem.......
so if you are interested in helping me out, please PM me!  The project might not challenge you alot, but its a good opportunity to get known for your skills!

Cheers,
musicMan (who is now becoming a gameMakingMan......  :D)
----------
musicMan

Ultra Magnus

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Nahuel

UPDATE 2009/08/04!!

Hi!! I'm just looking for (here too ... oops ) people how make a game with me (I have the story, but I am open to any modification)

Primarily need characters and backgrounds
Programmers

Later the Music and Sounds

If you want to be a part of the game email me npeillat@yahoo.com.ar

Thanks for your time!

Nahuel.

I make a forum for the Staff of the game. http://staffags.freeforums.org/index.php :=
So don't forgert visit!

EDIT: Have musician!! :=

EDIT 2: Have 1 Programmer! :=
Life isn't a game. Let's develop a life-like-game.

Peder 🚀

I am currently working on a tech demo for one of my games (Sons of Gaia) and I am in need of a few things:

Background artist
There is a total of 4 backgrounds, and I don't think there will be any need of more! We allready have those 4 backgrounds done before, but we want to change the style a bit. Also they aren't 100% how we want them.
The style should be similar to the quality of the blackwell games!

Sorted!

Music/SFX
We offcourse need some music and sounds for it! ;D. Some orchestral stuff would be nice!

Sorted!

Voice actors
We would also like to release the demo WITH speech, so we will need several voice actors! More info will come soon! Though we for sure need 1 male and 1 female actor (prefferebly a Norwegian male (with good english) and a french female (with good english). There will also be a couple more male actors needed!

GUI design
We need someone to help us design a good and easy to use interface!

PM me for more info/screens if your interested!

The game has influences from Indy, The DIG etc.

Fireball16

Im going to create a game called adventure world its baisically a cartoony world that you walk around collecting stuff and doing quests
i'm currently looking for some people to join the team i need:

A spritist has to be good at animations and can make very good objects

a background artist needs to be very experienced in background making

a scripter needs to know nearly all the scripting commands

a inventory artist needs to be able to draw detailed small images

a gui needs to have made quite a few gui's before

the game is going to be 800 x 600.

pm me if you'd like to help and i'll get back to you as soon as i can.

nos es posterus
*we are the future*

Ethan D

I previously posted here for a character artist/ animator.  I'm now looking for a background artist as well however the games resolution will now be in a 320x240 resolution.  The size of the characters would be a bit larger than those from A Night to Remember.  Obviously the backgrounds need to be done in a similar style but with more detail.

n3tgraph

Hi there,

You probably never seen me on the board before, but I have been a member for quite some years now!
I have been inactive for some time and I thought I'd visit the ol' AGS scene again, it's like a magnet.
Anyhoo, I see you still need some music, and I got a bit interested.

Perhaps I could help you out a bit.
Like to hear from you.

Greets from Jan (holland).

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Tue 04/08/2009 19:37:50
I am currently working on a tech demo for one of my games (Sons of Gaia) and I am in need of a few things:

Background artist
There is a total of 4 backgrounds, and I don't think there will be any need of more! We allready have those 4 backgrounds done before, but we want to change the style a bit. Also they aren't 100% how we want them.
The style should be similar to the quality of the blackwell games!

Sorted!

Music/SFX
We offcourse need some music and sounds for it! ;D. Some orchestral stuff would be nice!

Voice actors
We would also like to release the demo WITH speech, so we will need several voice actors! More info will come soon! Though we for sure need 1 male and 1 female actor (prefferebly a Norwegian male (with good english) and a french female (with good english). There will also be a couple more male actors needed!

GUI design
We need someone to help us design a good and easy to use interface!

PM me for more info/screens if your interested!

The game has influences from Indy, The DIG etc.
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Matti

Netgraph, this thread is for recruiting people for your team. If you just want to generally offer your services, there's an "Offer your Service"-Thread. If you find an interesting request and want to help someone, send him or her a PM. Also, there's so need to quote so much stuff.

esper

Looking to recreate my classic AGS game ESPER: The Town on the Edge of Darkness. If it goes well, I'd like to make a series. I need an artist/animator and a musician. The original game is currently available here: http://superdownloads.uol.com.br/download/66/esper-the-town-the-edge-darkness/

Artist doesn't need to be able to do the original style, but it does need to be dark and atmospheric... darker and more atmospheric than the original. Also, the original game didn't have much in the line of animations. You need to be comfortable doing advanced animations.

For the music... I got the most comments originally for the great atmospheric story and the music, but I'd like a creepier and more unique soundtrack. If you've played the original you know what I'm talking about.

I was working on a sci fi game, but my computer crashed and I lost ALL my progress on it. I only just now got my computer back up, and I've decided my forte is the horror genre, so that's what I'll stick with.

The original game has gotten some very favorable writeups, one of which can be found on Abandonia. I can assure you, this game will be successful.
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk