Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

babybear121

i need help with my game Detective mattixz cleveland heights murders,

Dt. Matt the cleveland heights murders is about a boy named matt some call him mattixz who is 15 he has a knack for writing murder mysteries, he reads one in his English class for the entire class, and the next day his friend Eric is found dead in the shower, The killer threathens matt saying very hurtful things to him because he’s gay, his friends are all suspects including the one friend he has a crush on Zakye Williams, the neighborhood they live in once peaceful now full of murder, love, and the start of a Jr.
Detective,

I need a character designer and background artist, I will give you credit for your work,

the neighbor hood consist of 12 streets, 5 enterable houses, and one store that’s always open,

Matt’s friends are different in manyways

Blane the 19 year old, red haired, muscular, white guy with a hairy back and red beard,

Sean a black athletic homophobic,

Matt is not your average kid he’s smart gay, and always quick on his feet, the killer always wears a hood,

Zakye is every man or womans dream, cute black with an afro, mike tall white, walks kinda lanky,

I also for character and background artist people who are good at close-ups of characters dead,

Matt sadly has to rummage his dead friends,
And Sean dies in the classic shower scene
Nudity can be censored I don’t care,

Kevin is matt’s rival, but close friend, wears glasses and the same brown shirt everyday light brown skinned and wear cut jeans

So if anyone wants to help message me or whatever please I really want to make a game based on one of my detective stories, if it goes well I might ask you to help me with book 2

matt wears a silver jacket over a t-shirt, with brown pants he also wears a backpack

Privateer Puddin'

Howdy, I'm looking for an animator and a musician for a fixed version of my one week game, The Secret of Hutton Church of England Grammar School: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=38150.0

Since it's an AGI style game, animators will need to be happy working with double width pixels and a set 16 colours and musicians will need to be able to produce suitable late 80s sound

Here's a before and after of one of the background:

PM me if you're able to help!

NsMn

Since I'm currently working on a small AGS-Version of Monopoli, I'm looking for a sprite/background artist who can draw sprites similar to the background of Jones in the fast Lane.

If interested, PM me! Thanks  ;)

spc1208

Hello Ags world ;), I have made a game called "the agency" It was ok could have been so much better, I'f I would have asked for HELP! ( and if I wouldnt have set a password by mistake ) lol, but anyway I have this game idea in which I would kind of be the director for, it would be a game based on the ever so prominent series BATMAN!! Yes Batman, I't would be a detective based game. featuring different villains and heroes from the Batman series. I would need scripter's, Artists ( Character, Background's, and Main Menu's ), some good Dialog people, some storyboard people to talk about where I would like the story to go, and some cutscene people.   I can assist with music, Storyboard, some scripting, and Dialog. I'f anyone is interested contact me, I'd love to meet you on here and start some production on this game.

Sincerely, Spc1208

Ps. I have a title in mine to, But I'm open for many suggestions about everything!

Here is a vid to get you guys pumped for this game idea!!  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZst_2xJHAI&feature=PlayList&p=B47A64C34565BC40&index=0

m0ds

Beta testers for my game Lost in Paradise :)

NsMn

Quote from: NsMn on Thu 20/08/2009 11:42:30
Since I'm currently working on a small AGS-Version of Monopoli, I'm looking for a sprite/background artist who can draw sprites similar to the background of Jones in the fast Lane.

If interested, PM me! Thanks  ;)

I'm sorry that I have to "push" that post, but why aren't there any answers? Lazy bums!  ;)

Indosity

I have gone through some time and now have a working draft on an Indiana Jones fan game I want to create. I have small bits and pieces but need some help!
Positions avalible are:

> Backround Artist (I might help with this)
> Programers
> Animators
> Story Help (I will be Editor of this)
> Music
> Translators
>Sprite Artist (I will help with these)

PM me if you wish to apply for one of these, send me a Sprite of Indy, music sample that suits Indy, animation of Indy or backround draft of New Delhi set in the 1930's.

Llama Val

:)

Stee

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a good artist to work on some backgrounds and characters for a series of short sci-fi games I am making. Other than good art skills, you will have to be keen on the idea that this stuff will be released open source. My plan is to release the source for every episode after the following episode is in development (I'm working on the second episode story now, so this one will be instant). There just isn't enough open source material available for AGS, and I'm hoping to have some stuff worthy enough to change that.

This first episode Im working on consists of 8 backgrounds (6 locations, 2 close up cutscenes), 7 characters and a hovering sprite, of which only 3 characters need to be animated and 7 inventory items. It is a pretty short game to test the market for future episodes in the series (all of which will be open source).

I am currently creating some programmer art (I really can't draw), just in case it helps the cause.

I'm hoping this will at the least help aid others in the development of their own titles if nothing else. PM me if your interested.

EDIT: Liked the dude below me's "boldifying" of words
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Rahakasvi

Hello.

My name is Pauli Suuraho. I'm developing new tool for creating 3D adventure games, called Dage.
The tool is in the stage where it needs a full quality demo game that will show the world what Dage is all about.

I'm gathering a team to create small 10-20 room adventure game. The game will be traditional point and click style game in 3D. I'm especially interested in story, character and puzzle design. I will be project leader and leading tool programmer and scripter. I will call for concept artists and modelers once initial designs has been completed.

Do you have short story ideas in back pocket, you write smooth English dialogue with humor added, you master describing environments, and just love to create interesting characters?

I'm looking for Leading Game Designer and Game Designer.

Leading game designer will have responsibility to design the story, puzzles, characters (included dialogues) and locations (as needed by story).
Required to know how to create sketches also. If you are interested in filling this position, please send your possible design document samples, at least one short story sample, minimum two page dialogue sample with character descriptions in English to address below.

Game designer will have responsibility to write additional dialogues and puzzles and generally help leading game designer.
If you are interested in filling this position, please send your two page dialogue sample between two characters in English to address below.

Note that this is non paid project. The game will be published as freeware, but closed source. If we get the right people and the team will work well together, the possibility is to create another, commercial game using the engine.

General requirements for both positions:
- Fluent English writing/reading
- Responsibility
- Will to learn new and work in a team.
- Obsession for adventure games is plus ;)
- All the work will be done as remote working, so access to internet is compulsory. We are going to use forums and Microsoft Live Messenger for communication.

Please send an email, where you tell little about yourself, list your past projects and have all needed documents as PDF attachment to pauli.suuraho (ä) helsinki.fi
Set the topic to which position you are applying. If you are filling for both positions, please send two separate emails.

The positions will be filled as soon as right candidates are found.

Pauli Suuraho
Developer of Dage

mouthuvmine

Hey, guys! I'm starting from scratch now that my laptop bit the dust with all my work on it. Read on...

What I'm looking for right now is a collaborator to help with writing, and fleshing out, a pretty decent sized story. The setting is sort of medieval, and the story is based on a group of characters, lead by a wizard. NOTHING like LOTR, I promise. The only story that's been really stuck in my head as I write this is Bone.
The wizard is the center of the story, and very much out of his wizard-element. The (very) general idea is that he's lost a lot of power, and has to go through a lot of guff to reclaim it. All kinds of self-discovery and friend-making ensues.

This will be a game eventually, but right now I'm only looking for a writing buddy, someone that has a bit of free time, and, preferably, has read Bone, as I'm drawing a lot of inspiration from that story's BIG heart. This isn't a paid position or anything, but should the story get big on us, and make any money, in anyway, it'd be half your creation, so half your profit. :)

I have begun writing already, so I'll have something to send your way already if you'd like to see if it's something you'd like to be a part of. The story is humorous enough, a bit whimsical, and will hopefully be something unique in a familiar setting.

PM me if you're interested. Thanks for reading. :)

joelphilippage

I am working on an Adventure game to be released by Halloween called On All Hallows Eve based on the book by Grace Chetwin and need voice actors. The Game is now beatable but there is still a lot of work to do especially with cutscenes. You will not get paid for this project. But as I said, all lines must be done by Halloween.

Possible Characters are:

Meg Wilson: A twelve or thirteen year old girl. She is proud and quick to anger. Must be a British accent. This is the main character and has about 300 lines.

Audition Lines:

1. Cheek! He needs a good punch in the nose.
   2. Who are you? What are you?
   3. Don't! Listen, you are supposed to be the senseable one. Don't trust them.

Sue Wilson: Meg's ten year old sister who gets along with everyone easily. Also British with not as many lines.

Audition Lines:

1. Stop it! Stop it both of you! Your frightening me!
   2. I don't like this place. You know what? I think something bad is about to happen.
   3. Oh Meg! They aren't I bet! She's a queen! And their her subjects.

Kenny Stover: A fourteen year old bully who flunked sixth grade. Is usually angry or jovial. He lives in New York with an American accent and will have much fewer lines than Meg or Sue.

Audition Lines:

1. Tell you what Wilson! Why don't you go back to where you came from! You don't belong here!
   2. Ha Ha! How bout that! It prickles like the pins and neddles I got it my legs!
   3. What do you know? One minute my hand goes right through it, the next it grabs on to you like it was a solid one of us.

Greylin: A mystical woman who is a Queen of an enchanted forest. Very wise. Must be Brittish as well.

Audition Lines:

1. I am Greylin of the Birchen Tree, and these are my friends.
   2. Just, The Wood. It is any and every wood that ever was, and ever will be. Save for one differnce.
   3. Very well. Four of you came in here this night. Is it truly your wish that only two of you leave?

Mother Bauldry: Tom's mother who is caring and hospitable. A motherly figure.

Audition Lines:

1. Well! Sit down. Suppers done. You like stew?
   2. Times I've put on my coat and gone out there to look for him, and somehow somethings always got in my way.
   3. Mother Bauldrys the name. Just leave them dishes be. Your a REAL good gal.

If you would like to apply, please send the sample in mp3 wav or ogg to joelphilippage@gmail.com

Well I have not gotten as many auditions as I would have liked to so Auditions are now open until otherwise stated.
The Part for Tom is taken.

GreenBoy

Position filled!!  Thanks everyone.   ;D

Blobby 101

Hi, I'm working on a Red Dwarf game at the moment. Here's a shot:

I can make the game fine and i've come quite a way with it, I can also handle the backgrounds. My only problem is characters. Although i'm quite happy with the Lister character i made, I can't for the life of me make a side or back view, let alone animate him!

For that reason, i'm looking for:

A Character Artist
An Animator

If one person is able to fill both these roles then that would be especially good but if it needs to be two separate people then it's no problem for me :)

I just need an animator now :)

INFO ABOUT THE GAME:
This game is set on the mining ship Red Dwarf. In it you will play as David Lister, A messy, bad mannered yet somehow likeable Liverpudlian. Joined by the rest of the ships crew; Arnold Judas Rimmer - The hologram of Lister's dead room-mate, Kryten - A Sanitation droid with a missing Sanity Chip and a head shaped like a novelty ice-cube, and Cat - An incredibly fashion concious Cat-human who descended from 'Frankenstein', A tabby sneaked aboard the ship by Lister.

I don't want to give too much away about the plot but it will involve a lot of the TV show's elements including a sequence involving Lister, his guitar and a hoard of aliens ;)

I think overall i'm just over half way finished with the game and i'm in drastic need of these sprites so that i can fine tune the cutscenes and rooms.

Although this game is non-commercial I would be willing to pay around £5 to whoever takes this if they have paypal.

Oh and BTW: The game is in 640*480 and the sprites would be best if they fitted in (at least roughly) with my current backgrounds.

DOWNLOAD

doomtroop15

hey i would like to know if someone want to help me make my game i just need someone good at Scripting does anyone want to help?
i like maniac mansion on the nes

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: doomtroop15 on Tue 13/10/2009 02:13:28
hey i would like to know if someone want to help me make my game i just need someone good at Scripting does anyone want to help?
doomtroop15, I suggest you do following:
1) Explain what kind of game are you doing, how long it is supposed to be, etc, give some details of what you expect to get.
2) Show people what you can do, like how can you draw, and similar. People would usually like to know what they are joining for before anything else. Maybe try to draw some character sprites or backgrounds and put them here for display.
I guess this will increase your chances to find someone who is interested.

Vince Twelve

Hey everybody!  I'm in the middle of the mad dash up to the IGF deadline, and need a teensy bit of help! 

A portion of the game takes place in a hospital and I'm looking to have a stable of soundclips of secretaries/whoever over the hospital intercom saying stuff like:

Quote"Doctor Hansen to the OR. Doctor Hansen to the OR."

"Paging Doctor Nielson to ICU 43. Doctor Nielson."

"Doctor Kotou, you have a call on line three.  Doctor Kotou."

"Shepard line seven.  Shepard line seven."

"Nurse Keeling to room C.  Keeling, room C."

Then, with a big collection of those, I can just play one randomly every minute or so.  It helps the atmosphere and helps bring the game to life!

So, if you want to have a bit of fun with a microphone, I'd really appreciate your help!

You can say whatever you want, work in an inside-joke or whatever, just make it something that you might hear over the intercom in a hospital.  Of course, I reserve the right to not use any that are inappropriate or might detract from immersion for whatever reason. ;)

Help me out by either posting it in this thread, or by emailing it to Nik at nikolasideris at hotmail dizzitydot com who will clean them up and balance audio or whatever magic he does.

Thanks!!!

Edit: By the way, I'm sending the game in to IGF around the 25th, so before then!  The sooner the better, of course!

thethryll

Hi folks, I hope I'm not exercising poor forum etiquette for this question, but my business partners and I are looking to make a short (maybe four-to-five screens) adventure game to use as tongue-in-cheek supplemental material for our website. We're writers in Los Angeles launching a comedy web series in November and thought having one of those vintage "Quest" games would be funny.

It doesn't need to look terrific by any stretch of the imagination, we just want it to be funny. We'd provide you with a story and some direction but want to give somebody a lot of creative control.

We're extremely low budget, but could offer payment of like $150 for 4-5 screens worth of material.

Feel free to contact me at thethryll@hotmail.com if this appeals to anyone. We'll get you some materials and see where it goes from there.

Thanks for reading!

-Will

Helme

I'm planning to continue my Celtic Chaos Series.

Episode 1 was a MAGS-Game and I didn't have enough time for proof reading. So, it would be nice if someone would like to do that:
Celtic Chaos 1

For the upcoming game I would appreciate some help with backgrounds and animations.

TerranRich

Hello everybody,

I'm currently working on the first game in the By the Sword series, titled Foreword. I am planning on creating some videos to help generate buzz and interest (kind of like a viral campaign). They will be personal log entries, telling a little bit of the backstory of the series before the first game is released.

Two people will have personal log entry videos: the main character, Ronald Garner; and a Mystery Woman character that Ron will meet in the first game, Foreword. I am personally doing the voice of Ronald Garner, but I need somebody else to do the voice of the Mystery Woman.

(Click the below thumbnail to enlarge)

Here is some information about her:

• She is a Castorian. Castorians are an alien race in the BtS universe, very (and almost eerily) similar to humans in appearance.
  • Since English is not her native language, she speaks it with an accent. The previous voice actress I had set up had a combination Russian/Australian accent that lent a very alien feel to the character, and was perfect for the role. If you could come up with a unique accent (or already have one) for the character, that would be awesome.
  • She is about 28 years old and works in an underground movement fighting against her own government, which is planning on acting against United Earth in a preemptive strive. She is a very mysterious woman and we don't even learn her name until the 3rd (full-length, commercial) game, By the Sword.

If you require any other information about the character, let me know. Please come up with one or more voice samples and upload them (I'd suggest using my own personal file upload site, http://shutupload.com), then send me the link(s) via PM, or email (TerranRich82@yahoo.com).

Thanks a ton!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk