Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Lufia

Hi everybody,

So, I have was given a general idea for a game from somebody who has sadly been run over by a bus. Or left the internet. Whatever.

Thing is, I kinda like the general theme and this could unfold into a Phantasmagoria-ish kind of game (main character moves to a new place, bad stuff happens, etc.). My problem is that I know where the story starts, I've a vague idea of where it ends, but I've no idea what happens in between.

That's why I'm looking for a scenarist and a game-designer (if you can be both, that's even better) to help me out with this. Bear in mind I only have an overall theme and maybe some gameplay ideas, all open for debate, so you'll have to build up that world all on your own. Or bounce ideas with me, whatever sounds good.

If anybody is interested, pm me.

Fireball16

i need a background artist to make me some backgrounds of inside of a house for 640x480. it has to have living roon, bathroom,garage,kitchen,seperate bedroom and a bit of a garden with a few swings maybe a bench it needs to be the same style as this
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5711/home3.png

pm me if you are interested

nos es posterus
*we are the future*

Basti

Hey there,
The Indiana Jones and the Secret of Pandora Team needs another Background artist. So if your interested send a PM at me. Here are some of your great charakter sprites which now need a area where they can move around.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=36362.0

Bad Asp

Hi everybody!

I need help working on a Sam and Max "fangame"... well, actually, I plan to interview Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson, the original voice actors of Sam and Max.

My "game" is called "Sam and Max Speak Out".

STORY:
Sam and Max (the original Sam and Max from Hit the Road) are playing one of the new games from Telltale, but are dissatisfied with the new voices in the games.  So they head over to Telltale Games and plead their case as to why their original voices should be brought back.

WANTED:
Sprite rippers, animators (useful for getting a lot of Sam and Max sprites)
Background designers

ALSO WANTED:
Questions to ask either Bill Farmer or Nick Jameson (or both).  Make sure they're Sam-and-Max-related!
(I'm trying to see if I can convince both of the actors to talk entirely in character during their interviews as well.)

PM me if you're interested, kthxbai!  ;)

m0ds

Hello! I'm interested to know of any AGS programmer that may have some experience in, or is willing to try some basic ball physics in AGS. Power setting, directional setting and ball realease, bouncing & collisions/walls would all be necessary for a series of mini-games I'd like to put together with someone. I'm not sure if AGS is capable but I would not be surprised if it is, so I thought I'd ask :) Feel free to PM me, and even if it's just advice!

Somebody looking into it :)

auriond

I'm looking for translators and voice actors for The Marionette.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=39287.0

I would like to translate the game into French and Italian first, if possible. If you're willing to translate it to any other language feel free to PM me as well.

Also, voice actors: I would prefer that potential voice actors have played the game before to get a feel of the characters. If you have completed the game and you're interested in trying out for voice acting in this game, PM me with the character(s) you have in mind and I'll send you some lines to try out. :)

Thanks!

edit: Translators and voice actors for Martin and Giuseppe have been found. Female voice actors are still welcome!

zenobia

Hi guys

I always fancied myself as a bit of a writer, and since I was a child I have always thought that if I had a crack team of programmers and artists I could make a better game than Sierra or lucusarts any day of the week.

Here’s my proposal

I have written a basic script for a game I have called it legends and lore, I have very little programming experience, although I have read the tutorial on this site, so I'm quite sure I'm capable in assisting with the programming side of things. My problem is the drawing - I can’t draw to save my life.

Anyone who has an artistic bone in their body and feels like making the game to rival all games and quite possibly make people say Sierra who? lease feel free to hop aboard!

To view my script  kindly contact me at franm@yebo.co.za

Kind regards
Richard Francis
From
South Africa

(deleted)

Private Beta / Demo:

I'm seeking some feedback on a small game which is nearing completion. It's not exactly "beta testing" type of material, since the game isn't complete enough to be called a beta, but I'm interested in hearing some feedback from other folks before I start applying coats of varnish on it.

GreenBoy

Positions filled thanks.   8)

Oh Yeah.  Danny Dread us On Call Forever.  It's teh bestest.

NsMn

I'm looking for a composer who's capable of making SID tunes and music.

Just PM me, thanks!

(....yes, I'm posting here again. I actually am ashamed of that. Whatever.)

Danman

I need help making this game. it is for my sister for Christmas cause she is half across the world.  :'(  :)
I can draw the concept but need help with details and touching up
help with

1.Characters,Animation

1.5.Really need help with backgrounds
(Well basically just art) I can sketch them first.

2.Sound
3.Music

4. I have got a story already but could be made a lot funnier & interesting  ;D.

I can do all scripting and can help with other things
Thanks for reading this. will be a good deed for me  :-X  ;D
I just want someone or some people who want to do this just for fun (I am broke  :'(  ;D  ). I don't want some professional game of note ( unless its free  ;D)  8) .

Please send a personal message to my Danman2321 here on the A.G.S site. Thanks Danman

DoorKnobHandle

This is not AGS related, I hope I can still put this here. If not, I'd have to create a thread in the General Discussion area...

I'm looking for a good 3d modeller.

I have recently finished up a nice, small and compact little engine I wrote in D3D9 and pretty much all I need now is a simple tech-demo to show it off. I'm looking for some nice assets (that can be hallways, objects in there, maybe a character or an enemy, whatever), what style or setting is 100% up to the artist, all I care about is that it looks nice. I'd need the models either directly in .FBX format or in a format I can open and then export with 3d MAX. I need textures and animation as well, not just the meshes. Extra points for people capable of working with normal/bump maps and other shader effects although that doesn't matter that much for the moment.

This is a QUICK job, I just need a simple scene with some action going on, I'm not looking to create a game here.

Here's a quick shot of the best model I have lying around in the actual engine, it was created by Howard Day for another old project. This is a placeholder and your assets would replace this:

Note that, while this model happens to be in a retro low-poly with pixel art textures style, I'm looking for all styles, as I said, it doesn't matter and the engine is capable of a lot (ie. millions polygons+, huge textures, everything up to today's standards).

I really hope to find somebody through here, it seems impossible to find decent modellers or I don't know where to look. Most places that used to have a "jobs" section for unpaid stuff now don't anymore for some reason and on other places my offer was just ignored. I hope this goes better here.

Cheers!

EDIT: Please send me a PM and do attach some portfolio-like screenshots of your work etc., visual quality is what matters the most for this little project. I can't offer money for the job but you will get full credit and get to see your work in a nice 3d environment as well.

Czar

Need everybody, except a sketch artist, which would be me.  := I have never finalized anything in digital, and have nor time nor the energy to try it now, but I want to be involved in a game making process nevertheless.

The game should be relatively short, dominantly humorous and what I would like, inventive.
So, non typical settings, hidden areas and so on would be most welcome. Anything non monotone. (e: that means more animations..)

So, colorists, story people, scripting people, music composers, voice actors (??), animators, directors (!) ...anybody PM me.  :)

Hope to hear from you soon.
cya
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Danman

I need a character artist, animator quite urgently for a character of mine. I have
completed the game just need a couple of characters animated quickly.

Please pm soon coz I have 10 day to complete this game   :o  .

Bror_Jon

Quote from: Czar on Mon 07/12/2009 01:23:41
So, colorists, story people, scripting people, music composers, voice actors (??), animators, directors (!) ...anybody PM me.  :)

When you are asking for PMs maybe the nice thing to do is to answer them too.
Quote from: monkey_05_06
I officially love you good sir, Always and Eternally.

Atelier

I'm reviving an old game I started earlier this year, and so would like a few testers to give feedback on the first build. The game is Text Quest - I made a GiP thread HERE which will tell you what it's about. Most of the screenshots are obsolete for the new version.

If your fingers are super-charged and you don't mind typing then send me a PM!

Jakerpot

I'm sorry, deleted my post :P

Atelier

If anybody is interested in designing a new high-res GUI for my game Text Quest, then please PM me for more details.

doctorfargo

Hi Everyone,
I'm working on a new AGS Indy fan game - Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold.

This project has been in development since April. And I am very committed to this project.

The game will be in done in the classic Fate of Atlantis style.

The year is 1940. Hitler's forces are steam rolling across Europe. Meanwhile, Indiana Jones returns to Barnett College from yet another adventure. Indy receives a telegram from Marcus Brody asking him to meet him in Arizona. Indy travels there, and along with Marcus discovers clues that catapaults him into another adventure... This time in search of the legendary Seven Cities of Gold... And of course the Nazis want to find the cities as well...

Main characters in the story:

Indiana Jones
I think we know who he is. :-)

Marcus Brody
Indy’s friend. Curator of a museum.

Erik Von Schroder
The villain. Evil Nazi agent bent on world conquest and the usual Nazi stuff. The poster child of Nazism. He is an evil sneering and gloating type.

George Stenson
Professor who is an expert on the lore of the Seven Cities. Brainy, but absent minded at times.

Elizabeth Stenson:
George’s sister. She is brainy but beautiful as well. Like her brother, she also tends to be absent minded at times. In the course of the story she becomes the Indy Girl of the story. While Marion Ravenwood and Sophia Hapgood mirrored the adventuresome side of Indy, Elizabeth will mirror more of the scholarly side of Indy.

Planned game features:
-True Indy style gambit featuring Indy in his college years with Abner Ravenwood
-Control Indy and also at times his friends in the adventure.
-Travel across the world in the course of the adventure - Spain, France, Jerusalem, England, and Africa are among the places Indy visits.
-IQ point system with more than one way to solve some puzzles.
-Nazis! (Of course...  :) )

Right now, a draft story script for the game has been written (11 pages worth of text with 12 point Times Roman) and the GUI for the game has been completed.

I have someone helping with scripting, but now I need others for the team.

If anybody out there wants to help with this project they are welcome to.

The project especially needs:
Background artist(s) who can draw Fate of Atlantis style backgrounds
Sprite/character artist(s)
Musician(s)

If you want to be part of the Seven Cities of Gold Team, contact me here on the AGS forums by sending me a PM or email me at:
sammymarlo@yahoo.com

January 2, 2010 edit:
Danman has offered to help draw backgrounds. He is good at coloring and textures but needs a sketch artist to help him out. So I'm putting out a request for a sketch artist to draw basic outlines of backgrounds for the game.

Kaworu Nagisa

Looking for a coder to light-on-puzzles adventure game!

Games is called Sadmoons: Mackenzie Adventures (chapter 1) and, well, it's something different, I believe. First of all story is quite linear and I do not bother too much with the puzzles as I believe they only stop me, as a designer, from building the tension and exposing player to the plot the way and in pace I want, not the pace that is determined by quality of my puzzles or how good my reasoning matches particular person. Then, I set the game in the world I create in which I set all of games I work on (and plan to constantly do that for next few years [which actually makes me think that a few years is plenty of time :) I don't change my mind, though]). If there is one thing that I ever missed in games that is shallow and infantile plot (generalization, I'm not intending on saying that there are no mature games or, especially adventure games). Adventure game seems to be closest to movie, book or a play in terms of how much plot matters, plus it is suppose to be about an adventure. That's my interpretation of the genre.

I divided whole story into 3 chapters because of few reasons. It's easier to finish smaller games than one big game. Main character will travel through different country in every chapter (3 chapter, 3 countries, 3 cultures).
I've worked on the project somewhere in summer-autumn until a coder quit (lack of time) and I lost my motivation for a while + I felt like it would be good to gain some perspective and get back to it later (I moved on to other projects of mine). Fortunately, script seemed better after a few months than when I've been actually writing it and so I became confident to get back to it.

Story tells about a young man living in a country known as Gothia (it's sort of a slightely steampunkish British Empire's capitol; that's simplest way to describe it but it also takes away a lot of its originality). He is in his early 20s, History is his major. He is a grandson of famous Gothian explorer. His name is Philip Seymour Mackenzie.
Game is set in times when Gothia's Steam Age is at its peak. Philosophy (or human thought) had its huge impact on society and science, to the point where intellectualists (highly educated and "by nature") subscribe to the point of view that nature has to be tamed as it prevents man from his natural domination over the world.
The game contains some strong ecological, philosopical messages. Through script I tried to played a bit with two contradicting concepts that inspires me very much (love to natural world, and belief that nature is poor evil that has to be terminated; in other words: belief that man is part of everything, and belief that man and nature are divided).
Although game is set in a fictional fantasy world, I've done my best to make the meaningfulness of the story as universal as I only could. If you do not appreciate this sort of experiments within game medium, I guess you shouldn't send me an e-mail. But if you do... Voila! :)

Game should not be difficult to code as it contains pretty much only one puzzle.
I have finished about 70% of backgrounds, little of chara designs and no animation at all. Also a few music themes that I intend to work on more and add a few more.
This game has been my playground in terms of learning simple pixel art (you can see what I do now here: http://sadmoons.com/letters/). I decided to go with platformer camera angle (if that would make hotspots hell I'm willing to convert images into perspective ones) for simplicity and difference.

I'm not sure if I have covered everything so, please, feel free to ask anything you want/need.

http://sadmoons.com/excerpt.txt :: Excerpt from the script to give you an idea of my writing style (right mouse and Save As... [it's a txt file])
http://sadmoons.com/medley.ogg :: Music medley that is far from being polished but I catched the atmosphere and emotions I was looking for which matters to me most.

English is not my mother tongue thus if you expect astonishing writing you might be rather disappointed.
I'm looking for someone who might be still a semi-rookie in AGS but who is reliable and knows that he can finish the project with me (there is nothing worse for me than unstable collaboration so please no time wasters; I'm putting my whole wit and heart into what I do and I expect at least 50% of the same from you). In other words: you can improve on your AGS skills much easier than improve on your personality.
I will take care of backgrounds, sprites, animation (they will most likely be simple but I consider the plot most important part of the game), music and sounds. And most likely I would love to have voice acting to strengthen the emotions and make it a bit more serious / appealing serious. Right now I work on other project where I've begin to gather voice actors and if this one go well I will definitely aim at fully vocalized game.

My website: http://sadmoons.com
If you are interested into collaborating with me on this project please drop me a mail at kaworu (at) sadmoons.com. Thanks.

If you have to here, thanks for reading! :)

Happy New Year!
-Kaworu

P.S. Please excuse me if the post is a little chaotic, I worked about 10 hours today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk