Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Jyan

Hi!  ;D
Iam making an good old Mi3 clone.  (Same coin style movement, Art, Music, Character)
The game title is "Danligo - Lost at Sea/The lost Treasure"..
If you love MI and can do anything to help us please pm me or send a mail to:
Johannessteinsbo@hotmail.com
We need all help we can get!

-Jyan

TerranRich

Hey everybody!

This is a very specific request. If you are good at Poser or DAZ Studio (and I mean GOOD, not just somebody who's played with it once or twice and might be able to pose a sphere, LOL), then I could really use some help with my project, By the Sword. I'm using Poser 8 for the graphics, and have a HUGE library at my disposal. I could let you "borrow" whatever 3D assets, add-ons and models you might want.

Basically I'm looking for somebody to help me pose and animate characters for basic animations such as walking, running, idling, speaking, bending down & picking up, reaching out, etc. I could do them, but to be honest having help would greatly reduce the workload and speed things up a bit. PM me if you're interested!

Jyan

Hello we are a not very known game developer team and we are
working on a big project, based on a book written by a norwegian author.
We have gotten permission of the author too
make a game with his characters in the game.

We are not sure if we are going to sell this game,
thats based on how good it is..

Story:
Esmeralda (a fat and bearded lady) finds Mare in a river and save his life. (From drowning)
Mare has forgotten Who he is and how he got there. (In the river)
Esmeralda works on a circus and the she takes care of mare,
but the circus director does not like Mare so well, he says he gets chills when the Mare is close to him.
The director then gives him the name Mare.
(Mareritt ('MARE'ritt) = Nightmare in norwegian thats why he gets the name Mare)

The game is divided into several chapters that we are going to give out a once a month. (Maybe sell)

Characters:
Mare ( The main character)
Esmeralda (Fat and bearded lady)
Vlad (Vampire guy)
Rom and Rem (Two twins that loves to make fun of people)
Alf (The world strongest man)
Caravigo (The Circus director)
Angelo (An Flying angel)
And some more that i dont remeber right now..

We really need someone to join the team..
We are about 3-4persons working on the project.
We need basicly need all the help we can get.
If your interested please join and send me (TheWemoth at the forum) a message..

Forum:
www.thewemoth.tk/
or
www.thewemoth.motionforum.net/

ARTWORK FROM THE ACTUALLY BOOK:
http://olvesblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/mare-circus.html

We are desperate after animators! (Yes, both 3d and 2d)
Thanks!

-TheWemoth

Da_Duke2000

Hey all. Duke here. We're making excellent progress on Chapter 1 of the game, but We're not sure who has offered to help with what, so we're asking here.

We currently would like a volunteer with Dialogue or Characterization experience to help us review the script for Chapter 1.

Please email inquiries to da_duke2000@hotmail.com.

Thanks all!
Quill O' The Wisp - Forge Homepage
http://forge.freeiz.com/

neocronNV

Team name:
We are Phoenix Online Studios, a game development company dedicated to making engaging, compelling, cutting edge and generally awesome games. We have a dedicated team of individuals from all over the globe, who are so passionate about what we do they've given up their day jobs to pursue their dream of becoming game developers. Sounds crazy, doesn't it?

Gifted, brilliant, astonishing, unbelievable--we have yet to be called these things, but that hasn't stopped us from pursuing that dream! After two cease and desists from two different companies, we have come through and published our first non-commercial game, The Silver Lining, the first of an amazing line of games that will leave you wanting to come back for more!

Project name:
The Silver Lining

Brief description:
Inspired by the King's Quest series of the 1980's and '90's, The Silver Lining is a non-commercial game that follows King Graham of Daventry as he searches for a cure to a terrible curse laid on his children by a sinister cloaked figure, and begins to learn that not everything in their lives and pasts is as it seems.

The first of five episodes was released on July 10th, 2010 and has been covered by major news and media outlets including CNN, PC Gamer, Computer Gaming World, and MTV.

Target aim:
Freeware, non-commercial

Compensation:
Volunteer-based.

Technology:
The Silver Lining utilizes the Torque Game Engine.

Talent needed:
We are looking for qualified and talented individuals to fill the following openings on our team. Please note that all positions are on a volunteer basis.

ANIMATOR
Job Responsibilities:

Responsible for animating 3D character models in a fantasy environment with realistic and fantasy looking characters and environments.
Set up the mainframe for the in-game cutscenes and work directly with the content programmers to implement them in the game.
Polish current animations as needed.
Experience in great lipsync animation a plus

Job Requirements

Must be proficient in Maya.
Brings high level of artistic / animation accomplishment to the solution of artistic problems.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to take critiques
Portfolio/website demonstrating your skills.
Solution oriented and proactive
Ability to meet deadlines.
Must be set up for conversations over Skype and MSN Messenger.
Ability to put in at least 15 hours of volunteer work weekly.
Strong interest in computer games and knowledge of the King's Quest saga a plus.

Environment Artist
Job Responsibilities:

Assist the Art Directors in finishing amazing environments that feel akin to the fantasy setting.
Polish modeling and texturing of environments as needed.
Lighting and baking of the environments.
Optimize environments for performance.

Job Requirements

Strong understanding of form and composition, color and lighting.
Comprehensive knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
Experience with modeling, texturing, and UV mapping ability.
Understanding of lighting and baking techniques, including Ambient Occlusion.
Portfolio/website demonstrating your skills
Strong interest in computer games and knowledge of the King's Quest saga a plus.

Navigation Programmer
Job Responsibilities:

Work with the Art Director to improve the path finding on the main character.
Fix the walking areas in the game.

Job Requirements

Basic TorqueScript and C++ skills required
Skills in linear algebra and graph theory required
Previous experience with pathfinding algorithms a definite bonus.
Experience with Maya a bonus.

Tools Programmer
Job Responsibilities:

Work with the Designers, Art Director and Animators to create a cinematic tool that will allow direct interaction with the engine.
Create tools that will facilitate and speed up the production cycles.
Help with other programming tasks as needed.

Job Requirements

Good TorqueScript skills.
Proficient in the Torque UI system
An understanding of OOP principles
Thorough knowledge of the TGE architecture a definite bonus.

Video Editor
Job Responsibilities:

Capture video from in-game.
Edit video for in-game purposes or promotional material.
screenshots from the game for promotional material or references.

Job Requirements

Good TorqueScript skills.
Proficient in the Torque UI system
An understanding of OOP principles
Thorough knowledge of the TGE architecture a definite bonus.

QA Tester
Job Responsibilities:

Accurately and efficiently perform checklist passes against expected game functionality.
Effectively perform creative / destructive testing across multiple episodes.
Able to write clear and concise bug reports in the QA Database (following established bug-writing guidelines)
Work closely with Production and Development teams to provide both quantitative and qualitative feedback throughout the development cycle.

Job Requirements

Excellent communication skills
Excellent English grammar skills.
Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 user (Please specify)
Various different versions of Windows ready to test a plus.
Self-sufficient.

Team structure:
Our team currently has over 50 volunteers spanning the globe, with many of the people in our team having gone off to high caliber studios in the industry, after building their skills sets with The Silver Lining. We will ensure that your experience will be unique, and that you will learn invaluable information.

Phoenix Online Studios Website
The Silver Lining Website

Contacts:
To apply, please send your resume to jobs@postudios.com
For portfolios, we prefer online portfolios. Either send us a link to your website, or a link to download the files.

Previous Work by Team:
The Silver Lining Episode 1: What is Decreed Must Be (released July 10, 2010)

Technocrat

THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS NEEDS YOU

Operation: Forklift is finally getting to the stage where it's looking more like a game than a mess-around project, but it's still awfully quiet.

I have a fair idea where to find things like gunfire noises, but I'm useless useless useless when it comes to music. Therefore, I'm looking for anyone who can help provide music by whichever means.

I'm thinking both of Advance-Wars kind of music for the goodies, and rousing Soviet-style tunes for the baddies. Drop me a message if you've any interest in aiding the war effort!

LGM

Who wants to help me make a game?

I have free cookies. Cookies for coding. There you go.

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

(Seriously, though, anyone wanna take a crack at a game with ol' LGM. I'm looking for someone who wants to share in this adventure of making an adventure, which is why I'm not posting this in the request help thread...)
You. Me. Denny's.

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Chicky

You're not special LGM. Ezboard or not, get to the back of the line;D

TerranRich

Do you have a specific idea in mind for a game, LGM? Or are you looking to jump on board with an existing project? ;)

LGM

I want world peace and a bucket of chicken. But beyond that... Yes, I have a specific idea in mind but I don't know enough about game design to fit together all the pieces. I've had some response on this already, but the more the merrier.

Oh, and chicky... I don't have a clever comeback but I'll just leave you with this: "You make me pee."

Please DM me if you are interested in hearing my idea. It is very epic!

For those who are curious, I will say this idea is like a hybrid of LArts' The Dig, and the films Frequency, Pandorum, and Back to the Future.

It'll take a lot of work...
You. Me. Denny's.

Icey

TerranRich

I read your idea, LGM... I'm very much interested... especially in the parts that remind me of, as you said, Frequency, Pandorum and BTTF. I LOVE time travel elements, and have always wanted to see/make a game with that in it.

Chicky

Quote from: LGM on Wed 28/07/2010 00:46:40
Oh, and chicky... I don't have a clever comeback but I'll just leave you with this: "You make me pee."

I seem to have that effect on everyone.

Anyway, with TerranRich, Wonkyth and Iceygames you can't fail!  :=

Dualnames

Quote from: LGM on Wed 28/07/2010 00:46:40
I want world peace and a bucket of chicken.

One Vision - Queen? Sorry but I was itching to ask..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

babybear121

I'm looking for a develoment team to help with a game based on a book, i wrote a year ago. It's called Boy Alice,  http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Mattixz13/539881/ you can read it here to get a summary of the story...I need a character designer and animator. background artist, and a scripter....this will be my first Ags project. I want the game to have cartoon backgrounds and all the wonderland characters will be really colorful, but the two main characters will be realistic looking. Thanks for listen to this and i hope to work with a team on this. contact me by pm or email. matthewcody84@yahoo.com.au

Peder 🚀

Univert Games is looking for a character artist and a character animator for a full length 2D point & click adventure.
The game is inspired by Indiana Jones and will most likely end up being released as 3 seperate chapters (undecided).
(We will be making a demo now first so we will need around 5 characters fully animated to start with before we start work on the full game next year.)
Style should be around same quality as games like Beneath A Steel Sky, Resonance, Blackwell Convergence.

We have a background artist and this is one of the backgrounds made so far:

The game is likely to be in 640x480 resolution, but could be changed to 320x240.

An old sprite of the main character made by ProgZmax:

This is a paid position!

Show your interest through PM!

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen.
www.univertgames.com

Armageddon

Looking for a background and character artist to do 2-4 backgrounds and 3-6 characters (Only 1-2 need to have walking animations) for this months MAGS de-make comp.

Diath

Im curious to see if there are any background artists that are around and would like to help me speed up the slow process that is of making backgrounds.  

These images are a work in progress but if you can match this art style or better feel free to PM me and ill give you more details.

The games resolution is 320x200
The game theme is going to be on the darker side and the inspirations that come to mind while doing this game is Alone in the dark or Eternal Darkness but minus all the intense action.

Thanks!

NsMn

- PLEASE DELETE -

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk