Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Info on the game:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=41575.0

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/JustLedZep/bedroom6.png[/img]
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/JustLedZep/troicalogo.png
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q53/JustLedZep/spacecadet2copy3.png

General Info on the Job:

I require someone that can create 3d models and animations using the *.ms3d format(Milkshape 3D), or exporting to it from a different program (MAYA, 3ds MAX). We will be using a plug-in to handle the characters and textures in the AGS engine. More details can be discussed via PM.

or if you have decent animation 2d skills, we'd love to hear from you.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Peder 🚀

Looking for some writer to help me finish "Companion" a first person point & click adventure game!
I need help with story, puzzles and dialog!

I am basically looking for someone to take over the work in those "sections" so I can concentrate on scripting it!
It is a short/medium length game and has GFX made by Nihilyst.

Some of the story is done and there is a small amount of finished puzzle ideas.
But I would prefer to have the story rewritten but in a way so all the backgrounds allready made can still be used.

Some screens:

Contact me by PM or by email at cupgage[at]hotmail.com.
Position currently taken!

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen
www.univertgames.com

Jyan

Hello, iam the leader of a very not known game developer team.
We are currently working on a game based on the book Mare by an norwegian author.
We need somebody too animate the characters in the game.
Here is a picture that one of our drawer drew:

NOTE: This is NOT a paid job!

Icey

Hey people,I am back with a new project! Pub master quest.2 -online-.Thanx to Dualnames because him and mog.net add the online support to the game witch will have full online chat and maybe more ;].right now the game is only 25%
and I have all the puzzles planed out but what I need to do is build a team for each part of the game[music,puzzles,sounds,scripting] the game will have all art done me and me and mog.net will look for voice actors off of you tube.

Notice*
[there is about +15 and they are not really hard you just have to think a little bit.i will show you the plans over a PM]

Notice*
[Right now i have about six music making programs on my pc but I have no clue how to use them,I only understand garage band but i don't have a MAC.for music entries I will send the finish copy of the game to you and you can make music that fits the moment or setting in the game.]

Notice*
[I need some who can make the AI[fake online users]move around on the screen and go inside houses without blocking the player character.the easy & hardest job in the game but It should go quick for someone who doesn't have to focus on the whole game/;].]

Notice*
[even though I hate pushing back date I will if i have to.if i can build a team and get it done with in this year that would be great!]

Notice*
[hers a chance to make a few bucks!when we are done with the game I will start getting more people to join our team that way we can start working on the full game.the full game will consist of 4 severs and inside each sever is 1/4 of the game[in order]each server will allow 16 players via Mog.net[online] and in total that is 64 players :[).making this will take a year at MAX so all that time working and for what nothing!?! the game will be put on amazon or maybe it's website.and from there it will consist of 5$ per copy and all that help on this project will get an equal amount so don't reject just yet.]

mouthuvmine

Hey, all!

I've been working and working on filling the hole in my heart (hard drive) where Jerk Perkins used to live, and I'm happy to say, it completely got away from me! I've managed to stifle my enthusiasm until the plot was at least first draft "done", and it's now time to start getting a team together. My initial plan was to get a game or two out first, as that seems to be the way to get everyone to see you're actually serious, but just about EVERY project I've either started, or gotten behind, has fizzled to some degree. That, coupled with the requirements I'm going to be asking of team members, means opening the wallet! That's right, these are PAID positions.

What I'm looking for now...

Sprite animator

I'd like to do this game at 640 x 400 AT LEAST. Any higher would depend on the Spriter and BG artists' abilities, but no lower than this.
The best way to describe the character style I'm looking for would be to show you...

I'm already working on some character concepts, but I have a lot of artistic shortcomings that can obviously be improved upon.
I have a few other concepts at this point, as well as a partially assembled design document to share with anyone interested.
To be clear...

I need ONE person to do sprites for now. Animations and all.
The game will be 640x res, with larger characters (think Curse of Monkey Island)
Though YOUR final art will be in the game, I do have a general idea of what everyone / everything already looks like, so I'll be throwing drawings at you too!

Background Artist

I'm not a great background artist, and have no cool examples for this, but if you've read thus far, you probably have a rough idea of what I'm looking for generally (640x, so on...), so let's get to the interesting stuff. The game has a sort of medieval setting, so there'll be some wooded area, first off. In fact, a lot of wooded area, but I'm sure we can figure out a way to cut back. I have high hopes for some VERY large scrolling BGs in certain areas, and there's a location planned where the artist would have a lot of room to get very creative, visually.

More Info

I have a lot more info available on the game, but seeing as I'm so far out from even getting art together, I'm choosing to not get over excited and start talking about things that aren't even close to happening just yet.

Money is something I will cover personally, between myself and the artist, but I will say this:
I don't like to pay up front (I'm sure no one does), as I've been burnt before.
I DO think getting paid as a lump sum in the end sucks, especially on a long project, so I like to use milestones.

The Prologue

There's sort of prologue game ready to be made, a one room demo / team trial, which will serve as a good way to see if this project will work for you, so if you're interested, let me know. If we get the short game done, but you don't want to continue on, I pay you for your great work, and find someone to take over. :)

If you're interested, or have any fun questions, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks for reading, and let's make a game!

Pixelton

Hello people, I have been working on a game project with two other forum users Def and Gravity and I'm looking for another coder to assist Def in is programming tasks. The project we were originally working on was The Visitors (a 1950's style adventure puzzle game), sadly a was seconded away to work on an iphone title and the project went into hibernation. Well its kicked off again and the project is no longer The Visitors but a post apocalyptic action/adventure game. Think STALKER on the PC or Metro2033 with factions but underground. We also have SVN set up for this project too for people who know what SVN repositories are :)

Some artwork!

The action elements are a series of Doom style shooting games - abit like Resident Evil Gaiden on the Gameboy (check that out). The bare bolts of the combat is in and working...and alot of fun :D but far from finished, Def is working on this.

This is the exploration, chatting to NPCs and the general adventuring side of the game, NPC and enemies wonder about and when you target them it goes to the Combat game (displayed in the link above).

These are various armour types you can equip yourself with - the animation sequences for these have all been completed!

Dialogue will not be to different to whats already in AGS although portraits will be used (here is an unfinished portrait test)

Alot of art has gone into this so far but Code wise we could do with someone to support Def and work on other mechanics of the game (especially areas in AI but theres lots of other things that need implementing. i.e stores, Factions and other fun stuff).

Well thats it, I have had alot of interest and offers of help from sound guys but we're really not at that stage yet so if you could help at all in coding then give me a shout, I appreciate it! :)

Cheers guys
Please follow our progress on IndieDB!

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

auriond

Looking for an AGS scriptor

I think it's high time I quit fumbling with ifs and elses for my side project, and start looking for someone who actually knows what he's doing. :D I need someone who preferably has had experience with coding games with text input. Lots of scripting wizardry will probably be needed as the puzzles are heavily code-based.

Generally, the game takes on the appearance of a program interface, and gameplay proceeds in the form of breaking and learning a code, and being proficient in reading and sending messages in said code. The specific types of puzzles will be very much dependent on what the scriptor can do, as I may not even think of possibilities which are, well, possible. So yeah, I will be working with the scriptor on puzzle design as well.

It'll be a short game, but I don't guarantee that development will be short. So if you're often very busy with other work, I'm fine with that. I just need your long-term commitment to the project, because I prefer to stick with one scriptor for the duration of this project.

Please contact me via PM if you're interested, and I'll let you have more details :)

Thanks!

Radiant

A bit unusual for this thread, perhaps...

I'm looking for someone to proofread, edit, and generally improve the walkthrough for ATOTK. It was written a few years ago by Kuroshiro, a fan of the game, and I recently realized its layout could use some improvements and the style isn't always as clear as it should be.

I don't have a lot of experience as an editor but I'm sure some people here do. Any help would be appreciated!

mode7

Hi everyone!

I'm making a game for the running MAGS competition. It's an Adventure Game which plays a lot like a 16-bit platformer.
My only problem is, I don't know much about composing  and I don't have enough time to learn it within the time limit.

So I would really really appreciate if someone could help me out with only one track for the music.

I had something reminiscent of the 8 or 16bit era in mind but actually I'd take everything (Yeah , I'm desperate). The MAGS competition runs until the 30th of September.

Here's a screen shot to draw your attention.

If you're interested to help out or you want more information on the project send me a PM or write ma an email at: mode7[at]gmx.net

Thanks in advance

Seb

Hi all,

Myself and a friend are currently in the process of making a light hearted adventure game and we are a bit stuck for an animator

We are ok for all other roles and are just need someone to do character and world animations.

The games script is done and we are ready to start putting everything together.

If anyone is interested in helping us out please send me a PM!

Here are a couple of screen shots of backgrounds we have so far -

Thanks!

Crimson Wizard

I am looking for the character artist and animator.

There's a very small project I started about half a year ago, but it was totally forgotten (I recall a character artist/animator was too busy to continue working with me, or something). Now I became desperate about not being able to finish anything on AGS for a while, so I decided to ressurect the old game of mine.

The project is the "remake" (or rather fixed version) of my short MAGS game "The Deed". You can check project thread here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=40009.0
(But please, do not post there, or moderator will lock it, it wasn't updated since February :))

To make things more clear: it should be same game with character art and GUI totally replaced (and certain fixes).

Only change in plans is resolution: I was going to change it to 640x400 (all backgrounds fit that perfectly anyway).

Additionally, here is some artwork done by previous artist:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/aichnnyn113ab32/TheDeed_Art.zip

You may or may not use these; I am ok with either way, as long as sprites are nice and fit the game.
I am not sure about previous artist's opinion on using his work though... but unfortunately I cannot get his response for some time.

(BTW, Vukul, if you are reading this and you want to continue your work, you are welcome :))

Just FYI, I also had some thoughts about making a longer game based on the same story with better graphics (read - better backgrounds) after I finish this remake.

Feel free to PM me anytime if you want to work with me on this.

Icey

PMQ.結晶の前に                                                    Voice acting                                                                  EDR: 10/01/10
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
This is a prequel to my first AGS game pub master quest.This will be the first PMQ game with voice acting because it is a short game.This game only need 5 voice actors.

- some one who can voice the main character(age 18 male)

- the light hearted girl,close friend to main character(age 16 female)

- need the voice for dark warrior that has seen many wars(age some were between 28-32 )

- rich old woman

- rich old man

PM me for more information.

joelphilippage

I need someone to test and proofread my MAGS Game before the 30th. If you could test a game really quick, please volunteer.

Calin Leafshade

So All Hallows Eve is nearly upon us and I'd like to make the scariest, balls-to-the-wall, pants-wettingly scariest adventure ever seen (on AGS)

Themes include mental hospitals, medical experimentation and the supernatural

I want to have the game released on October 31st so this is a 1 month long sprint.

I am looking for a background artist and animator (who may or may not be the same person) with a messed up head and a fondness for the colour red and dingy environments

I should also say that 1 month is not a long time so if you would like to work on the project then you need a Ben304 level of commitment/craziness.

PM me if youre interested.

m0ds

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Thu 30/09/2010 02:28:39
the scariest, balls-to-the-wall, pants-wettingly scariest adventure ever seen (on AGS)

Your avatar compiled into an exe? 5 cups   ::)
* Mods does poop pant

Calin Leafshade

ARRRGGGGGGGHHHH!!!                           

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Atelier

I'm looking for a background artist to work on a backdrop for my text game. Please PM me if you're interested, I will of course credit.

InCreator

I need a musician for my tower defense project.

Full thread and specifics here:
http://www.enclosedtd.com/forums/index.php?topic=2.0

Since project is supposedly commercial, but I have no clue will it sell any copies at all, I cannot offer much, however, I'm open for discussion.

Nikolas offered his help, which would have been super of course, but cost seems way above what I can offer.

Dave Gilbert

Hi everyone!  I've never posted here before, so hopefully people read this thread.  I'm looking for a new background artist for the next game in the Blackwell series.  We had a background artist, but it wasn't working out so we are going with someone new.

The backgrounds will be LOW-RES (320 x 240), and be mostly urban environments - apartments, street scenes, and the like.

We are able to pay $50 per background, for a total of around 35 backgrounds.

You can read more about the Blackwell series on our company website: http://www.wadjeteyegames.com.  Don't worry if your style does not match the screenshots.  Every Blackwell game has been drawn by different artists and this will be no exception.

If you are interested, please contact me at dave@wadjeteyegames.com (or PM me on this forum) with a link to your portfolio.

Thanks!

-Dave

EDIT: This position has been filled now.  Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk