Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

elliot87

TSL is looking for Animators!

We are Phoenix Online Studios, a game development company dedicated to making engaging, compelling, cutting edge and generally awesome games. We have a dedicated team of individuals from all over the globe, who are so passionate about what we do they've given up their day jobs to pursue their dream of becoming game developers. Sounds crazy, doesn't it?

Gifted, brilliant, astonishing, unbelievable--we have yet to be called these things, but that hasn't stopped us from pursuing that dream! After two cease and desists from two different companies, we have come through and published our first non-commercial game, The Silver Lining, the first of an amazing line of games that will leave you wanting to come back for more!

With the successful launch of two episodes, we are looking for Animators to make the game even better! If you are interesting in applying please contact jobs@postudios.com . Job Requirements are available below.

ANIMATOR
Job Responsibilities:

Responsible for animating 3D character models in a fantasy environment with realistic and fantasy looking characters and environments.
Set up the mainframe for the in-game cut scenes and work directly with the content programmers to implement them in the game.
Polish current animations as needed.
Experience in great lip-sync animation is a plus

Job Requirements

Must be proficient in Maya.
Brings high level of artistic / animation accomplishment to the solution of artistic problems.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to take critiques
Portfolio/website demonstrating your skills.
Solution oriented and proactive
Ability to meet deadlines.
Must be set up for conversations over Skype and MSN Messenger.
Ability to put in at least 15 hours of volunteer work weekly.
Strong interest in computer games and knowledge of the King's Quest saga a plus.
Adrienne Elliott
Production Coordinator
The Silver Lining

mikdog

Hiya, so I'm getting (hopefully) Win XP soon. I'm on Mac. I fiddled around with AGS years ago. The bug has again bitten.

I'm mainly doing animation, 2D. I have a strong video-game bent in my work.

Some animation stuff: http://www.bruandboegie.co.za/animation.php and here's my latest bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=driJ4mHbPEI

So I wanna make a game. I would please like to know if there are any proficient coders of AGS out there who can do a snap goody job, can take direction, I'll provide everything else. Also, if you can recommend anyone you know who's awesome at coding, I can do pretty much everything else. At the moment what I'd be interesting in doing is just making ONE ROOM with a character walking around to test things out, see if we can work it nicely.

Been playing through some old Lucasarts games - Full Throttle, DOTT, Sam & Max: brilliant stuff.

SO, if there are any coders out there who know what they're doing and would like to work with me on making something awesome, please let me know.

m0ds

Background artist for KI needed. You'll be the lead background artist, constructing 20-30 in-game backgrounds (at most). You will have support from the other artists. You should be able to draw a semi-realistic style which must compliment the characters. You will adapt the style of art already captured by Cornjob and Miez, but hopefully bring your own style to the table. You will also be re-drawing various well known adventure game scenes.

Background & character art examples here: http://screen7.co.uk/games/game_kinkyisland.htm
or you can of course see them in the demo by searching "kinky island" on the games database.

You will earn a percentage of the sales of the game (as it will not be freeware) roughly £2 per copy sold.

You should have enough motivation to see through all thirty backgrounds between now and Easter 2011.

Some animation experience would be good, as we want the backgrounds to be "alive" where possible.

For more info or to apply, please send samples of your work to me: speilbergjnr@hotmail.com or via PM on this forum. If successful you will need to register at the FoY forums for access to the KI dev board.

Thanks!

CatDaCosta

Team name:
We are Phoenix Online Studios, a game development company dedicated to making engaging, compelling, cutting edge and generally awesome games. We have a dedicated team of individuals from all over the globe, who are so passionate about what we do they've given up their day jobs to pursue their dream of becoming game developers. Sounds crazy, doesn't it?

Gifted, brilliant, astonishing, unbelievable--we have yet to be called these things, but that hasn't stopped us from pursuing that dream! After two cease and desists from two different companies, we have come through and published our first non-commercial game, The Silver Lining, the first of an amazing line of games that will leave you wanting to come back for more!

Project name:
The Silver Lining

Brief description:
Inspired by the King's Quest series of the 1980's and '90's, The Silver Lining is a non-commercial game that follows King Graham of Daventry as he searches for a cure to a terrible curse laid on his children by a sinister cloaked figure, and begins to learn that not everything in their lives and pasts is as it seems.

The first of five episodes was released on July 10th, 2010 and has been covered by major news and media outlets including CNN, PC Gamer, Computer Gaming World, and MTV.

Target aim:
Freeware, non-commercial

Compensation:
Volunteer-based.

Technology:
The Silver Lining utilizes the Torque Game Engine.

Talent needed:
We are looking for qualified and talented individuals to fill the following openings on our team. Please note that all positions are on a volunteer basis.

ANIMATOR
Job Responsibilities:

Responsible for animating 3D character models in a fantasy environment with realistic and fantasy looking characters and environments.
Set up the mainframe for the in-game cutscenes and work directly with the content programmers to implement them in the game.
Polish current animations as needed.
Experience in great lipsync animation a plus

Job Requirements

Must be proficient in Maya.
Brings high level of artistic / animation accomplishment to the solution of artistic problems.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to take critiques
Portfolio/website demonstrating your skills.
Solution oriented and proactive
Ability to meet deadlines.
Must be set up for conversations over Skype and MSN Messenger.
Ability to put in at least 15 hours of volunteer work weekly.
Strong interest in computer games and knowledge of the King's Quest saga a plus.

Baron

Sorry Cat, I'm going with elliot87 on this one.

CatDaCosta

Quote from: Baron on Wed 03/11/2010 02:14:54
Sorry Cat, I'm going with elliot87 on this one.

lol, didn't realize how close I was to Adrienne's post! Oops! Anyway, I did go ahead and update my post to clean it up and add a little bit of information. Hopefully it's a little clearer now :)

Vince Twelve

I'm toying with the idea of getting someone to help me program Resonance.  I don't know if I could trust someone with my baby, but the amount of free time I've had recently has greatly slowed progress.  If there's someone who is super-enthusiastic, excellent at AGS scripting, willing to work for ridiculously low sums of money, send me an email or PM.

You get to work on an awesome game (If I do say so myself) (And I do) and I'll pay (though, again, I can't offer much).

Definitely hoping for someone with proven AGS skillz like finished games or modules.

Mostly, you'll be implementing gameplay.  It's more complex that your average AGS game since it uses all kinds of custom systems (inventory, camera, character switching, dialog) plus has four playable characters.  I'll give you the room and graphics.  You put in all the "this guy walks here, does this animation, this happens" stuff.  You may also be importing sprites and putting them in views, etc.

If I find somebody, gravy!  If not, I'll keep slowly moving forward on mah own!

zakontipac

Hey there. I'm working on an awesome game but am in need of a good 2d character designer, artist and animator. The art of the game is not pixel art so it should be fully drawn. If you have anything to ask or if you are interested in the job PM me.

Scarab

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a (preferable MIDI) composer for a short game I am about to release.

I'm hoping for approximately three tracks (Intro, Gameplay Loop and Outro) with a light hearted medieval vibe to them.
I have a few ideas for what they could sound like, but you will of course be given plenty of creative freedom.

Also, the game is currently in beta stage, so you can play it through to get a feel for the atmosphere.

Screenshots for the game can be seen here:

If you're interested, swing me a PM, and I'd love to hear what you can come up with.  :)

Regards, Scarab.

Calin Leafshade

G'Morning n that.

I'm looking for a pixel artist to help with a commercial, XNA, orthographic, low res, RPG game.

Primary duties would be tilesets although some character design may also be needed.

The graphic style would be brought by the tile artist of course but I'm really looking for someone who can pull of that lovely tales of phantasia look.

The tiles are 16x16 and the palette is unrestricted.

Payment is negotiable.

Spoiler
I presume i have not spelled negotiable correctly
[close]

PM me if youre interested.

mikdog

Hiya,

I've done some tests for a room. I'm looking for a coder.

Here's the room:

If someone can take the files and make an AGM little test out of it? If it works like I think it does then I'll carry on and possibly plan out a more interesting thing. Guy takes fishbowl. It'd also be cool to get some scaling in the room with him getting bigger as he comes nearer to the foreground.

Any coders wanna work with me on this? Here are the graphic files:

http://www.bruandboegie.co.za/random/game_images_2.zip

Look forward to seeing this in action,

Mike

mikdog

Ok, found a coder.

Thanks. He was quick like a ninja. Now if I could just get the EXE to work in Windows on my Mac. Doh.

Chicky

Duty calls! Looking for a programmer/consultant/motivator for a long term project. Lots of gfx ready to play with, comedic fantasy setting, needs some fresh blood. PM me if interested. 

m0ds

Baron

Quote from: Chicky on Wed 17/11/2010 01:07:47
Duty calls! Looking for a programmer/consultant/motivator for a long term project. Lots of gfx ready to play with, comedic fantasy setting, needs some fresh blood. PM me if interested.  

Are we talking this or this?.  Either way you could throw me down as a consultant/motivator.  The programming bit I probably don't have time for....  Er, not to mention the requisite skills.   Good luck!

-----------
EDIT- Dammit!  I thought I'd gone PM on this one.  Well, I stand by it in public nonetheless.

Icey

To all OSD fans. I am working on one of the biggest parts in the OSD series. I also want to finish this by the end of the year.

Have you ever wanted to add to the OSD universe or just make a game? Well don't miss this chance because this will be the best game ever!!!

here is a list of what I need for the game & how many people we should have in a group.

- Background music  Size(1-5+)
I want to use original music for this game not music on the web.I would like to have a lot of music in this game to fit the environment,scene, or place.

- Sound effects Size(1-5+)
I would like for people to find sound effects that may fit the environment,scene, or place.

- Cut scene setup Size(1+)
I might be able to do this my self but it may be easier to show people how I would like the event to be setup so they can do it fast,better, & easy.

- world animation Size(1+)
There is some what a lot of little things that will be going on in this game that I would like to work with people on to show that the city is not really "flat" or just a picture but more of an everyday view(winter time)

- AI animation Size(1+)
Like what I said up top. There will also be people around the city who may be walking,talking, or just standing there but the still need a sort of idle view like yawing,calling someone,or waving.Or a main view like reading newspapers talking to another AI & more.

- character animation Size(1+)
The main characters of the game will have the most idle& main views.I will draw up the main characters Then draw them in game form with a list of action for there views.Then the members of this group will receive them in a pm &/or email.

- proofreaders Size(2+)
At the end of the project I would like to send the game to two people and have them read over the game and see if there is a typo.

- scripters Size(1-5+)
Scriptwriters will be need because everyone has there set knowledge on AGS and I find it necessary that we can get at least 3 people with who is good and more fond of ags then others.

- snow/rain plugin v2.02+ setup Size(1+)
It will snow all the time so I will need some one to add snow effects to the game that look some what real.

- world scripter Size(1-5+)
Like I said before there is a lot of little things that will go on in the world or in each room. But to make every thing meet right I need world scriptwriters to make every thing "come to life."

- Ai scripters
Like I said before there is a lot of little things that character will do in each room. But to make every thing meet right I need Ai scriptwriters to make every one "come to life."

- TCP/ip setup
like most OSD games, I would like to include an iphone which will have an app on it called "Chat Me"
This will allow players to chat with other players on a server.

I really want this game to go well and I know I can only get 20% far by myself doing the stuff I stated at the top. Hopefully this team thing will work  ;)

Dualnames

Quote from: Mods on Wed 17/11/2010 01:34:04
Try Dualnames. He loves it!

Yeah, try Dualnames! Wait, what?
Seriously Chicky if you need any help, you know where to get me. ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

mode7

Quote from: Studio3 on Wed 17/11/2010 03:21:35
To all OSD fans. I am working on one of the biggest parts in the OSD series. I also want to finish this by the end of the year.

Have you ever wanted to add to the OSD universe or just make a game? Well don't miss this chance because this will be the best game ever!!!

here is a list of what I need for the game & how many people we should have in a group.

- Background music  Size(1-5+)
I want to use original music for this game not music on the web.I would like to have a lot of music in this game to fit the environment,scene, or place.

- Sound effects Size(1-5+)
I would like for people to find sound effects that may fit the environment,scene, or place.

- Cut scene setup Size(1+)
I might be able to do this my self but it may be easier to show people how I would like the event to be setup so they can do it fast,better, & easy.

- world animation Size(1+)
There is some what a lot of little things that will be going on in this game that I would like to work with people on to show that the city is not really "flat" or just a picture but more of an everyday view(winter time)

- AI animation Size(1+)
Like what I said up top. There will also be people around the city who may be walking,talking, or just standing there but the still need a sort of idle view like yawing,calling someone,or waving.Or a main view like reading newspapers talking to another AI & more.

- character animation Size(1+)
The main characters of the game will have the most idle& main views.I will draw up the main characters Then draw them in game form with a list of action for there views.Then the members of this group will receive them in a pm &/or email.

- proofreaders Size(2+)
At the end of the project I would like to send the game to two people and have them read over the game and see if there is a typo.

- scripters Size(1-5+)
Scriptwriters will be need because everyone has there set knowledge on AGS and I find it necessary that we can get at least 3 people with who is good and more fond of ags then others.

- snow/rain plugin v2.02+ setup Size(1+)
It will snow all the time so I will need some one to add snow effects to the game that look some what real.

- world scripter Size(1-5+)
Like I said before there is a lot of little things that will go on in the world or in each room. But to make every thing meet right I need world scriptwriters to make every thing "come to life."

- Ai scripters
Like I said before there is a lot of little things that character will do in each room. But to make every thing meet right I need Ai scriptwriters to make every one "come to life."

- TCP/ip setup
like most OSD games, I would like to include an iphone which will have an app on it called "Chat Me"
This will allow players to chat with other players on a server.

I really want this game to go well and I know I can only get 20% far by myself doing the stuff I stated at the top. Hopefully this team thing will work  ;)

Sorry to say this, bur this yells "OVERAMBITOUS" in my ear. Anyway - I could help you with the coding.

Icey

ok. I should have all the sprites done by Friday.

m0ds

I swear if I see that baubles picture once more someone is going to get shot!!  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk