Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

barefoot

Hi

I'm looking for a beta tester for my new game..  11/12 rooms...  

if you can spare the time to go over it that would be great..

please pm me

cheers

barefoot
I May Not Be Perfect but I Have A Big Heart ..

m0ds

Further opportunities (paid positions):

Artwork

Dendelion Blu produced a short film named "I Hate".

"I Hate" is about Gloria -- an intelligent, pretty, disturbed girl bursting in a multiple personalities crisis in front of the camera.

The film is now complete, and I want a creative & inventive artist to take care of the end titles!

I'm looking for a person that can give personality to the end titles, express Gloria's cracked psyche, and carry the dramatic impact of the picture on to the end.

This job is paid. As the budget for the film was small, so is the budget for this last piece of work.

Please check Dendelion Blu's website for current -- and temporary!! -- posters.

Please send me examples of your work, and if I see something I like, I will reply with finished clips from the film!

Looking forward to seeing your work.

Best.

Edoardo L'Astorina
Film Producer
Dendelion Blu

More Info: http://www.dendelionblu.me

Writing

Production company Squarebox Yellow - with access to funding and distribution - are searching for their next project. Our last production, a low budget feature, has been gathering a large amount of press and distribution interest and we are now looking to begin pre-production on a follow up project. At the moment we are looking for a strong Drama, a performance lead piece. If you have a feature length script you are looking to get produced then please get in touch with us on mara@makingugly.com

More Info: http://makingugly.com

looking for treatments + screenplays

Videonoir is a production company with some experience in the application for grants by Italian Film Commissions.

In the next 20 days we have to apply for three projects and are looking for ideas for feature film:
fiction (no horror),
documentary,
animation.

Treatments should be at least 10 pages, better if supported by a screenplay in an advanced stage.

Production will take place in Italy (specifically in Veneto).

After choosing three of the submitted projects, together with the writers we'll produce business plans and everything necessary for a successful application.

Payments will start only after receiving the grant.

More Info: http://www.videonoir.it

Other

Reference: 520692

Please visit our website at www.bbc.co.uk/jobs/apprenticeships before making your application to find out more about this scheme and what we are looking for. Youll also find some top tips and advice on how to complete the application.

BBC 2012 â€" London Apprenticeships

Job Description
Base: London
Pay: £11,000 pa â€" leading to academic qualification

Context

The BBC 2012 â€" London Apprentices will be based in London, helping to make television programmes and websites at the BBC or on placement in commercial television or with an independent production company (one placement will also have the opportunity to work in radio production). They will work for one year. During this time they will gain all the skills and knowledge needed for a Creative and Digital Media Apprenticeship Level 3.

Main Duties

To support the programme-making team with general office duties, including:
• collecting tapes, equipment, and other deliveries
• photocopying
• answering telephones
• faxing and filing
• answering emails
• keeping track of costs
• booking meetings and travel / accommodation

To support the programme-making team by:
• helping to set up Television shoots by ordering equipment, arranging insurance, etc
• helping in the studio
• helping on location
• contributing ideas to programmes and helping researchers on projects
• making sure all information about programmes is kept up to date and recorded in the right way
• finding old clips and pieces of music, and making sure they are cleared for copyright

To meet visitors and be a first point of contact for enquiries, providing a good impression.

To make sure the production office runs well and safely, by understanding BBC Health and Safety policies and making sure they are carried out. Spotting any possible problems and letting their manager or the right team member know about them.

Skills, Knowledge and Experience

Apprentices will need to be 18 or over.
Apprentices will be educated up to GCSE level

• Punctual and responsible
• Well organised, good at planning ahead, and can meet deadlines
• Knowledge of BBC television programmes, websites, mobile phone services etc
• Can solve problems and work on their own
• Full of creative ideas
• Works well in a team, and gets on well with many different types of people
• Good IT skills and can learn new systems
• Able to understand and put into practice BBC policies on Health and Safety, and the values behind BBC programme making, for example treating people fairly and making sure we get our facts right
• Show an interest in the BBC and the wider media industry
• Good written and spoken communication skills
• Good numerical skills

You can apply for this role and learn about how we do things at the BBC, by visiting bbc.co.uk/jobs.
Alternatively, please call 0370 333 1330. Textphone 02890 328 478.

More Info: https://jobs.bbc.co.uk/fe/tpl_bbc01.asp?newms=jj&id=36843

Icey

I am looking for a animator who can animate sprites & an someone with good knowledge of AGS coding.

Just drop a PM if you are interested.

silverwolfpet

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a background artist. I'm looking for a cartoony style, like Day of the Tentacle had, but not pixelated.
1024x756
colorful (most of the times)

If we work together you can have this much fun:
100%
and this much money
0%

Well, not 0%, because we plan on selling the game and give you your right share and credit, of course. But before we do that we need background.

If you are interested in showing your best stuff, e-mail me at     silverwolfpet (at) yahoo (dot) com

I will tell you about the game in private. Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise, now, would we? :)

Jackpumpkinhead

Looking for some midi musicians to remake a few of the songs in the game "the curse of monkey island" for my classic edition remake please pm me if you are interested in awaiting me
currently on an indefinite hold.

Calin Leafshade

Looking for a C++ programmer to help me integrate FMOD into AGS.

Specifically with the save state system.

barefoot

Hi

I am and producing a game of Norwegian fantasy  ie wizards and stuff..

I have made some characters and have the story line virtually written out.

My biggest downfall is backgrounds.

What I would like is a few (don't know how many yet) Viking style village scenes.

If someone can spare the time to run me some up that would be great.

I will tell each story for each scene required.

If you can help me please PM me.

cheers
barefoot

WHAM

Looking for a developement team for Infection - Episode II - The Station, which I am rebooting as a project due to previous version's poor documentation, issues with design and the fact that woking alone on such a large game is simply impossible.

If any of the three roles mentioned below interest you, send me an e-main to wham@whamgames.com and we can talk and see if our interests meet.

The game we are talking about is pretty big (over a hundred rooms), will feature randomly generated content, many characters, many puzzles and a large portion of action oriented content and resource management.

Types of people required:

> Sprite artist
I already have basic walkcycles and standing frames for most characters done. This job would mostly consist of re-skinning existing walkcycles to create new variations of existing characters (differently coloured or detailed uniforms, for example). I will also need some new and fairly difficult unique animations, so if you're up for some challenges, this is for you. I am NOT asking you to do things alone for me, I am asking for you to at least actively participate with either drawing the graphics or experienced critique and ideas on how to improve graphics without creating a massive workload.

> Background artist
I have a good number of (mostly) ready backgrounds. If you are interested in enhancing existing work, critiquing my work and perhaps contributing with variations of existing backgrounds and even some new art, this could be for you.

And lastly, the most important role
> Design assistant

I need someone to go through the game's design documents as I create them, provide critique, new ideas and improvements. I don't need help with the story, of that I already have a good idea and the script is forming all the time. What I really need is someone to help me work with implementing some non-adventure gameplay mechanics so that they work as seamlessly as possible with the game's other aspects.

If you are interested in this part you MUST have completed at least one AGS game before, or at least participated in a game in a constructive way.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Peder 🚀

Looking for someone interested in web design/development to help me design a new look for AGSArchives.com.
The person should also be interested in assisting/helping me come up with features and how to perform them (maybe even help code). I am mostly looking for someone to work with as a team, both design wise and code wise but any offers are taken seriously and followed up!

This position is not paid unfortnatly but credits and a potential partnership will be considered.
(AGSArchives.com has of today 0% income and all future income is planned to cover expenses and help fund AGS game developers go commercial with their games).

Anyone interested can drop me a PM!

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen.

Icey

Hey Studio3 here.

I am making a custom avatar maker as seen in the Video

I have the sprites finished and the menu Gui as well I just need some one to take a look at the layout img of the customize menu to see how I have it planed out. It's easy I just dont have the time right now to look into it.

However you will get credited for it as it's a big part in the game but a small thing to make.

P.S. The Customize menu has already been started and all you need to do Is Connect the Avatar parts Icons to the Listboxs & from there to the Avatar.

The Gui is finish you just need to add the text to global script so the options can be added to the list and I should be able to finish the last part.

RoliX

Hello,
I need a minigame script, a puzzle like this: http://silverlightgames.org/game/klotski/play/
The graphics doesn't matter, I deal with that :)

My game has 800x600 resolution, so a 4x5 grid with 80x80 px squares + edges would be good I think.

The control of the puzzle would be good with dragging the blocks. However, I saw similar puzzles, where all the blocks are at least 2x1 square long(logs, for example), and then the player can slide them by clicking on the side of the block. That control is also cool, but I can't find an example to show :/

I would be very happy if somebody could write me this minigame's script.
I want to release my game in 3-4 weeks, so it would be very cool if you could help me before that time :) If you can help, but later then 3-4 weeks, then I will skip this part from my game, and use the minigame-script later :)

You can contact me in pm, if you consider to help :)

dbuske

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?60o18c95585lb5o

I am starting to make a game with AGS that is interactive\documentary.
I plan it to be a bit symbolic and at times abstract.
The subject is  Jeanne D'Arc or Joan of Arc.  The girl was not named Joan, but Jeanne. So name of the game is "Jeanne D'Arc."
Above is a picture of the main character.  I need 2 people to work with me on the game.
One to take the image above and make a series of walking png's of the character.  More characters later.
The other person to do the scripting and if they can do the work for the symbolic and abstract video or running picture sequences.  These would represent Jeanne's being called by angels and "voices.

Person to script
Person to do Character walk cycles
person good with videos and moving pictures

Please contact me at dbuske@gmail.com if interested

I decided to just make an interactive\documentary of Joan of Arc.  An adventure game of her whole life would take years!
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Antipas

Parli Italiano?

If so, you might be able to help!

I have a small amount of text (one paragraph) which I'd like translated from English into Italian for my game, "Sophie Malone and the Unholy Legion" (screenshots etc. can be found on the "Games in Production" forum.) Bad past experiences mean I don't trust Internet translation programs. If you'd be happy to do this for me in exchange for a mention in the credits, please PM me. It's not much text at all, and if your English and Italian are decent it'll take literally five minutes.

Grazie mille,

Antipas.

Scorpio82

The freelance game "Incinerations" is seeking a background artist!  Or concept artist!  Or anyone who can draw better me!  :)

Basically, I need someone who can create some nice hand-painted graphics for use in the opening credits, similar to those found in the opening credits of Spider-man 2.  The images don't need to look extremely realistic or detailed, but an eye for dramatic presentation is required (lighting, use of angles, composition, etc.)  There's about 17 images needed, as well as a couple of backgrounds that I need for the opening video (with photo reference available.)

If you're interested, and can get these finished before the summer, please send me a PM and a link to some of your samples.

Atelier

I'm looking for an animator to work on a couple of walk/talk cycles for a one-room game on the verge of release. Suffice to say I tried myself but art isn't my strong point ::)

If you're interested just PM me and I'll send you a screenshot of the game and more info. I've got cookies!

Regards
Atelier

TCD

Hey all,

I'm looking for background/charecter artists for my first game that I shall be developing over the next few months.

The story revolves around a demon hunter who had been imprisoned due to killing an innocent but is released for one final job.

PM me if your interested or if you're not sure whether you would be interested PM me anyway for a more detailed plot as well charecter biographies.

Hope to hear from you soon.

TCD

dbuske

I really, really need someone to make a walk cycle for me for my Jeanne d'arc interactive documentary.
I have an image of Jeanne taken from a painting.  It is just a forward facing image.
I would need all 4 views and the walk cycle for each one.
I know it is alot to ask, but I have just failed everytime I tried.  I am not good in drawing.
Maybe I can do some work for someone who helps me.  Trade work.
dbuske@gmail.com
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

barefoot

Hi

I am looking for someone to do a game's test (game partly done).

Report bugs, usual stuff... Identify and possibly advise course of action..

Dedicated, serious testers only please..

Please PM

cheers

Les

CatDaCosta

We are looking for an enthusiastic Environment Artist to join our team. You will be working alongside the team that created the ambitious King's Quest inspired fan game The Silver Lining.

Our current team is comprised of professionals in their fields, and many of the people in our team have gone off to high caliber studios in the industry, after building their skills sets with The Silver Lining. We will ensure that your experience will be unique, and that you will learn invaluable information.

Please note that this position is completely on volunteer basis.

Job Responsibilities:
Assist the Art Directors in finishing amazing environments that feel akin to the fantasy setting.
Polish modeling and texturing of environments as needed.
Lighting and baking of the environments.
Optimize environments for performance.

Job Requirements
Strong understanding of form and composition, color and lighting.
Comprehensive knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
Experience with modeling, texturing, and UV mapping ability.
Understanding of lighting and baking techniques, including Ambient Occlusion.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to take critiques
Portfolio/website demonstrating your skills
Solution oriented and proactive
Ability to meet deadlines.
Must be set up for conversations over Skype and MSN Messenger.
Ability to put in at least 15 hours of volunteer work weekly.
Strong interest in computer games and knowledge of the King's Quest saga a plus.

To apply, please send your resume to jobs@postudios.com
For portfolios, we prefer online portfolios. Either send us a link to your website, or a link to download the files. :)

Atelier

Looking for play tester for Text Quest. It's been on the back burner for ages and need feedback on gameplay.

Qualifications: must be able to read.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk