Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

I'm needing a team for my first project.  It's called "Exploring AGS World", since this me getting my feet wet, so to speak, with AGS Software.

Well, folks, apparently, even for a small game (and my first), I may need help.

I've already prepared concept art of characters, as well as made the rooms and the items.  I just need sprites/views of the characters, sound effects and music, and a GUI for the final part of the game.

The main character is a young boy named Donald.

Here is the concept art for reference of sprites:
Front View:
Side View:
Back View:

Sprites Needed: Walking about (all four directions), speaking (all four directions), picking things up (side views only), giving and getting items (side views only).

This is Christi, an Ice Skater that Donald meets in one of the areas.

All her animations will be side view, of course.
Sprites Needed: Standing still, speaking, going to and from the ice, ice skating, giving Donald an item.

(As for the "items" Christi and the other characters give, I'll explain soon)

This is a generic Dwarf Miner, whom Donald meets in another area.

As you can see from the artwork, his animations will be him in side view or back view.

Animations needed: Mining (back view), Getting and giving item (side view; again, the items will be revealed shortly), Forging special item (back view, kneeling), and Speaking (side view).

Finally, here are Damien and Elise, a newlywed couple that Donald meets (they're in a hot spring).

Animations needed: Damien talking to Elise (same direction as concept art); Damien talking to Donald (same, but slightly looking toward Donald); Elise talking to Damien (same direction as concept art); Elise talking to Donald (her head turns slightly to look at Donald); Elise giving item to Donald.

As for the Items, I made those already.  The main plot is Donald had slipped into a strange world and he's trying to get back home (an overused theme, but we'll go with it).  The five items (yes, five--again, I'm still getting used to the AGS software) are a green crystal and four keys (the green crystal Donald gives to the Dwarf Miner to forge into one of the keys).

The five rooms are the starting room, the Icy Vale (where you meet Christi), the Crystal Cave (where you meet the Dwarf Miner), the Misty Lake Shore (I tried to make up the mist and the special light that banishes the mist), and the Steamy Cave Spa (where you meet Damien and Elise).

I've programmed the flow of the rooms and what-not, but once Donald gets all four keys, I'll need a GUI so he can use them all to unlock the door back to his world.  Anyone willing to make the GUI for that?

Finally, the sounds and music.

For the Starting Room, just something generic and calm.

For Icy Vale, something wintery--maybe borderline Christmas-y.

For Crystal Cave, some jazz with mining effects.

For Misty Lake Shore, some mysterious-sounding New Age sounds good.

For Steamy Cave Spa, how about some romantic jazz.

Sound Effects... Walking (for Donald's walking), Snow Crunching (for characters walking in Icy Vale), Ice Skating sounds (for Christi's ice skating), Pick-Axe digging (for the Dwarf Miner mining), hammer and chisel (for Dwarf Miner making key out of crystal), gentle water splashing (for Damien and Elise in the spa), keys entering locks (for the GUI of keys in the door near the end), door opening (near the end), and some victory jingle for exiting and completing the game (yeah, I couldn't think of a good ending cutscene, since again, this is my first attempt at AGS).

So... anyone willing to help?

[Add on] Forgot to add in contact info for those interested in helping.  Send me a PM and I'll give you an email address to send stuff.  :)

Icey

Hey, I finally decided to put my game up for public testing. It would great to get a lot of Feed back even if you don't just state why you don't. Just PM me.

Enjoy: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dfb99lnycgcqqpw/PMQ.beta%202.0b.rar

Also if someone would like to offer to help proof read the game then just PM me as well.

skitt2501

Do you like the Quest for Glory series?

Do you like the prospect of three distinct character classes and three vastly different gameplay experiences?

Do you like making adventure games?

If you answered yes to the above, then we want you to join the team for Peril Quest (working name).

Our goal is to create a series of games in the same vein as the amazing QFG series, including character classes, stat and skill progression, combat, and fantastic puns! As of now, our team consists of two members, and we have great plans for this series.

We've whipped up an example background for you to feast your eyes on.

As you can see, we are working with 3D models for the game, but fear not! The generic buildings you see above are just placeholders, and there will most certainly be a much larger variety to the models and backgrounds when the game is further along.

As of now, we need plenty of talented people who want to participate in a project like this, including:

Artists (2D or 3D)

Programmers (any language)

Scripters

Animators

Musicians

And anyone else who has something to offer for a project like this.

Thank you all, and PM either myself or Stile for more information or if you want to join the team!

Dave Gilbert

Hi all.  I need a tiny bit of graphical help with Blackwell Deception.  Specifically, the inventory items.  There are about sixteen 22 x 22 inventory icons needed to be drawn, and we need 'em fairly quickly.  We'll pay $50 for the trouble.  Drop me a PM or email with some samples of your work.  Thanks!

-Dave

Zetsaika

Hello people. How are you?

First a quick explanation of my game:

The name is "Tea Time of Terror"l. It will be a short-medium adventure. The history is about a guy, who hates tea from the bottom of his heart, getting invited to a party to see some old friends from school and remember some good momments and drink some tea. Not knowing about the tea he geos to the party. There is just one problem: whoever drink the Tea get transformed in a mindless Zombie. Because of his problem with tea, the protagonist is the only one left unnafected by the zombie-tea disease. Will he survive? Who knows?

I will be the programmer for the game. I am no expert, but i know a fell tricks that will do the job for the game.

I am looking for people to do the artwork, musics and sound sffects of the game.
If read till there i am thankfull, and i will be more if you have some spare time and are willing to help.  ;)

Send me a PM or email me at jose.candido@42bits.com.br

That's about it.
Thanks in advance.
"In the longest day, in the shortest night. No Zombie shall escape my sight."

barefoot

Hi

New Sherlock Holmes game.

3 cases to solve.

Name the correct culprit(s) to move onto the next case.

I'm looking for some basic, short story lines.

Case 1 involves: Death of Earl Grey.

Suspects: Lady Grey, Alfred the butler, Charity the maid, Joe the gardener and Mrs Lewis the cook.

All ideas welcomed.

Please PM

barefoot

I May Not Be Perfect but I Have A Big Heart ..

Peder 🚀

I am currently eager to finish one of my shelved projects, and are therefore looking for some help!

The game in mind is called "Fallen Angel" and is storywise similar to a game I made for MAGS with the same name.
But will be how the game should of been!

It is a very dark themed game.

I'd like an artist to do all art needed (or one background artist and one character artist).
There is not alot of art needed to be done, 3 playable backgrounds and 2 characters. And some other art for "flasback cutscenes" (Static images).

I'm also interested in a musician!

I once tricked Ben304 into doing some sketches but was unable to trick him into finishing the backgrounds.
The sketches and an older document with the basic idea can be found here:
http://www.sonsofgaia.net/fallenangel/

PS! Try avoiding the .jpg files as that is the sketches I done for Ben304...

silverwolfpet

I need a background artist for a 1024x756 game.

Style: somewhere between Day of the Tentacle and Toonstruck. Not pixelated.

Story: 95% done.
Music: 90% done.
Characters: 95% done.
Coding: 80% done.

...I just need a good artist :)

You can contact me at silverwolfpet@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Chaoswithak

Hello, I'm beginning my first project with AGS an it seems like im going to need a team.
I need a -

Sprite Artist (There will be several characters)

Background Artist

Sprite Animator

GUI Designer

I am looking for a art style like the later Space Quest games, or the Chzo Mythos.
I have a treatment written for the story if you wish to read it. I will give you all the details needed if you choose to take one of the jobs.

Radiant

For Quasar, a science fiction game that focuses on character interaction and the ability to control multiple characters, we're looking for a portrait artist and voice actors. The scope is five characters, and approx 30 lines per character.

The game is currently in beta testing and is fully playable. If you would like to help, check this thread for more info, or send me a PM.

Eric Oakford

For Residence 44 Quest VGA, a remake of the original AGI fan game, we're looking for:

A portrait artist (about 10 characters)
A background artist (about 20 gameplay rooms plus a few cutscenes)
A sprite artist

The game has a 600x400 resolution, is in 16-bit color, and will be in the style of the VGA Sierra games.

If you're interested, PM or email me at eoakford@live.com.

bicilotti

orow

I need a pixel artist who likes to work with retro palettes and level designers.

It will be simple and withouth many costraints (apart from the palette).

It needs to be delivered for Sunday morning, so you might want to have some free time in your hands.

Peder 🚀

I'd like someone to help me design a logo for www.agsarchives.com. (I guess it is worth saying I have a design in mind allready. I would just like someone a bit better than me in logo design to help me :P).

Gepard

N.E.W.S. - RPG adventure game

For more info about the game go here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=44077.0

I am looking for:
- beta-testers
- music composers

Thanks!
Drink up me 'arties! Yo ho!

Daniel Thomas

The Journey of Iesir

Scripting
- We're looking for some to help out with scripting. You would mainly be responsible to get puzzles, cutscenes and interactions done in AGS as well as getting acting and dialogues imported. You will need to be comfortable with working with AGS and it's scripting language.

This is not about solving a lot of complicated programing problems. We're mainly looking for someone with a artistic eye who know enough scripting to move the character around, play animations, script cut scenes in a good looking way. All the functions will already be provided by Ryan.

Things like:
Would the character move a little to the left, face the right direction.. Rub his chin. Would this dialogue line need a little pause after to make good comedic timing or natural pace.. Is this scene showing too long, would it feel better if we cut from it faster.

So if you have this artistic eye(like an director) and know how to _script_ in AGS with already created functions. Then you're our man/woman/boy/girl! :)

If you are interested or have any questions, send me a PM or email me

Position filled!
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Grim

I would be really grateful if someone helped me with the following:

- I need one line of decent quality voice acting recorded: "Well, well... Look what the cat's dragged in..." That's all. It's for the upcoming Cat Lady trailer#2. Prefereably female, can be "male sounding like a female" too:)

It's being said by a very ugly nurse in blood stained uniform who is pretty much a cross between Silent Hill nurses and nurse (Edna?) from Maniac Mansion 1. And that's why a man would fit this role too.... ;)

I thought about posting on VA Allegiance forums... but I want to save myself trouble registering on "yet another forum" and I know there are great people here, always up for a challenge;)

Nah, not really. I hate you all... ;)

But please help me with this va so the world can see the eagerly awaited next trailer !  ;)

tzachs

Hi, I am looking for an artist to make my little game, Office Shenanigans, into something pretty.
The game was made in a week for the OROW competition, you can find it here:
here.

If you played it, liked it, and want to give the game justice, please pm me.

Every piece of graphics in the game will have to be redone, including The background, the objects, the inventory items, animations and the portraits with several expressions per characeter.
I have no objection with you picking your style of graphics, as long as I find it fitting for the game.

Knoodn

I'm looking for beta testers for my game "Unga needs Mumba".
The game is almost finished yet and testing phase will start early in September.

If you are interested, please PM me.

CaptainD

We still need another skilled 2D animator to help with The Journey of Iesir.  PM Zyndicate if you're interested (or PM me if you like, but Daniel (Zyndicate) is our slave-driver  :o... er, Team Leader  ::) I mean).

Now we've got another coder on board, if we can get another animator the project will really start moving forward towards completion.  I know how many of you are looking forward to seeing the finished game, so if you know a good animator, threaten / blackmail / bribe them or whatever it takes!  :=

Now filled. :D

KodiakBehr

I'm about to kick-start a new project (moving from a space-comedy to something far more contemporary) but before I do, I would love the opportunity to discuss puzzle ideas with anybody interested.  I typically find that more than programming or story-writing, strong puzzle design is one of my biggest challenges.  I've got a bar-napkin plot and some interesting ideas to bring some novelty to the genre, but I'm not married to anything at this stage.

Of course, I'm always looking for a partner to work with also, so if you happen to have talents to offer and nothing to lose, by all means drop me a line also!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk