Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

barefoot

Testers wanted for new game....  short and sweet.

:=

barefoot
I May Not Be Perfect but I Have A Big Heart ..

m0ds

Fully paid jobs in the creative industries (UK based)

SOUND DESIGNER

We currently developing an iPad/iPhone app for a children's book - the UI design and animation are almost complete and we will shortly be commencing development. So we now need to source a sound designer/music designer!

Due to time constraints we need a demo completed by Wednesday 31st August. Preferably before the end of the day.

THE DATE HAS NOW BEEN CHANGED TO FRIDAY 2ND OF SEPTEMBER 2011

We're looking to take someone on for this project and will be part of our database for sound designers and will be thought of firstly for future projects.

We're looking for someone who is:

Creativity and imaginative
Ability to work conceptually
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work under pressure
Deliver work at an excellent standard

Please send your cv to jobs@bodlcreative.co.uk and we'll respond to you as quickly as we can, any application given to us after this date will not be considered.

Best of Luck and hope to hear from you soon

More Info: http://www.boldcreative.co.uk/

GRAPHIC DESIGNER

WANTED: GRAPHIC DESIGNER FOR MULTIMEDIA & AV PROJECTS

A bit about us …..
Centre Screen is one of the UK’s leading film, video and multimedia production companies. For over 25 years we have been producing innovative, intelligent and effective programmes for many of the UK’s leading corporate organisations, central and local government departments, and major museum and visitor attraction worldwide. We have offices in London and Manchester and apart from the odd commercial or title sequence, we DO NOT MAKE PROGRAMMES FOR BROADCAST TV. Please see www.centrescreen.co.uk for more information.

What we’re looking for…
With a number of exciting projects in production during 2011, we’re looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team on a freelance basis in our London office.
Working alongside our in-house graphics and multimedia development team, you’ll primarily be involved in a number of high-profile interactive projects for major visitor attractions worldwide.
The ideal candidate will have some experience of working in a busy production company. You’ll have a passion for creating dynamic, imaginative, creative and effective multimedia projects.
You’ll be fluent in After Effects, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Any knowledge of 3D or Flash would be useful but not vital....
You’ll be expected to be pro-active within the department, working alongside our senior Producer and Assistant Producer to explore innovative interactive solutions for museum and visitor experiences.

Interested?
Please send CV (including your daily rate) and examples of work to:
Alicia@centrescreen.co.uk

VIDEO PRODUCTION TUTOR

£17.44 per hour
Part Time -18 hours per week - working Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 11.00 am to 5.00 pm This is a fixed term contract for 1 year.

Based in London Bridge, Leonard Cheshire Disability in partnership with Kensington & Chelsea College run inclusive part-time courses for adults in our accessible Media Centre. We have a reputation for high quality teaching in a range of Media subjects.

If you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, are able to work as part of a team and have an up to date knowledge, enthusiasm and interest in the subject; this role could be for you. A commitment to quality, heath and safety, equality and diversity, customer care and safeguarding are also essential.

In this role you will be responsible for planning, assessing, teaching and evaluating courses that meet the learning needs of students in the programme area.

Experience is required, together with up to date knowledge and professional experience of using Apple Final Cut Pro software for video production and working knowledge of using video camera equipment.
Applicants must have a teaching qualification PTLLS or higher.

For an application pack please contact Central Recruitment on 08458 720332 or email central.recruitment@lcdisability.org quoting reference SLR278.

Please note we do not accept CVs. An application form will have to be completed to apply for this position.

Closing date for completed applications: 12noon Thursday, 8th September 2011

More Info: http://www.lcdisability.org

FILM, SPORT & GAMING BLOGGERS

WhatCulture! a fast growing, UK based entertainment website which now hits 1 million hits per month is need of new contributors - specifically in the sport, tv, film & gaming realm. If you have interest in any of these areas and enjoy writing then get in touch with Simon at editor@whatculture.com.

We are looking for dynamic bloggers who can write well and have a real passion for the entertainment industry. We have both part time and full time roles available, so cite which you are interested in. The position meets the national minimum wage requirements.

Email us today at editor@whatculture.com with your CV and examples of your work! Don't forget to tell us a little about yourself too!

Simon Gallagher

More Info: http://www.whatculture.com

3D GENERALIST

We are a Visual Effects company based in Central London - main focus of work being Feature films & Promos.

Due to the high volume of 3D work coming in we're looking for a full time permanent 3D Generalist to come and join our team!

Initially the job offer will be on a freelance/trial basis with the intention for the right person to become a permanent member of our team.

This post will be starting as soon as possible as we have projects ready to start.

Please note we are looking for an Experienced 3D Generalist, with a proven track record and strong reel. You will be working closely with a small team and as a small company we can offer you great creative control.

Requirements:
Must have Excellent Knowledge of 3Ds Max (or Maya/Houdini/equivalent)
Strong Knowledge of standard design software (photoshop & illustrator)
Experience with 2D (Nuke/After effects) a distinct advantage
Knowledge and previous use of Massive an advantage.

Proficient in and have working examples of Modelling, Rigging, Lighting and Animation to a photo real standard.
You must be organized and able to follow instructions accurately and professionally.
Work to tight deadlines and be able to handle projects solely and work as part of a team.

And of course enjoy and take pride in your work.

Please note you will have the opportunity to have lots of creative input in projects, so the more ideas and creative you are the better!

PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE BASED WITHIN EASY REACH OF CENTRAL LONDON,and are looking for a permanent job. you will be working from our studio- this is not a remote post.

Please apply to jobs@brewery-vfx.com
With a link to your reel and cv attached and current salary

Best of luck!

Atelier

Looking for play-testers for Text Quest. Specifically I need feedback on the character creation system - you will not need to play the whole game := PM me.

m0ds

Recent careers & jobs in related industries (07/09/11)

VOICE ACTING (UK, PAID)

Director: Andrew J Cooper. Established film maker and classical theatre director seeks expert, multi-voicing and daring voice-artistes (male and female) for recording outrageous and sexy dialogue for innovative, erotic and cheeky educational game.
Only the highest standard of professional actor need apply, but a highly developed sense of adventure is a must, as is the ability to voice both everyday and erotic dialogue in up to 6 regional and/or international accents.
Depending upon the number of accents: £80/£100 day (pro rata) â€" but most especially come on board with us at the beginning of what will become a phenomenon.
Auditions Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th September in Blackheath London SE3 to record Thursday 15th September in Bluewater Kent.
Voice-reels + CV and please (a variety of dialects and accents essential) to David Samson
witheywarrencooper@gmail.com
This is a uniquely exciting and adventurous opportunity - we want to involve the most talented of artistes â€" enjoy !

"24 characters (MALE + FEMALE - voice over)- multiple British regional backgrounds, ethnicities and social strata - as well as some European, Asian, African and American characters"

VIDEO PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (USA, PAID)

QuoteRiot Games currently has a great opportunity for a Video Production Coordinator for League of Legends. This position will report to the Senior Video Producer and assist the Community team in the creation of professional video content. The ideal candidate should have experience driving video content forward in both the production and post-production stages.

Responsibilities:

•Gather assets as needed including video footage, graphic elements and sound resources
•Scrub raw video to assist in the post production process
•Assist in post-production by editing raw footage to create an initial string-out
•Assist in the production of in-studio and location-based production projects
•Operate camera during live events and closed set shoots
•Support post-production efforts by assisting in rendering, export and distribution as directed
•Support video producer in the creative process
•Attend and participate in creative and planning meetings
•Collaborate with other departments to assist in the creation of scripts, screenplays and storyboards
•Evaluate existing video content for areas of improvement
Requirements:

•Strong production skills including calendar management, vendor relations and basic production assistance
•Strong post-production skills utilizing programs such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere and After Effects, Avid, Sony Vegas, Maya or their equivalents
•Willingness to work as part of a highly creative team
•Previous experience creating scripts and storyboards
•Basic familiarity live streaming or web casting both in-studio and on location
•Excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under tight deadlines
•Strong and demonstrable production skills including camera operation, light and sound
As a Video Production Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for the quality of video content released by Riot Games. You’ll be working on projects large and small that will be viewed by millions of players around the world. If you enjoy a fast paced, creative environment and want to share your talents with a large audience, we have the position for you.

To apply, please send resume, cover letter and link to your video demo reel with Video Production Coordinator | Name in the subject line to: community_recruiting@riotgames.com

More Info: http://www.riotgames.com/careers/

SOUND EDITING (USA, PAID)

Hello,

I have a completed micro-budget horror feature (82 min,) but the sound still needs work and I would like an editor who is able to bring this project to the professional level I know it can be. Experience is less necessary than a few good examples online of what you can do. The sound is all in place but needs to be tweaked so the project should not be a very long-term commitment. I do not have a specific number in mind for salary, but I do not want to skimp on this last section after fighting to get a 10k picture made.

The current edit is in FCP, so having FCP (and a way to send receive large files online) is probably necessary to complete this project.

All the best,
Sam

More Info: http://lostcauseent.com/

Alarconte

Hi!

I Need betatesters for my old but about to release game:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=34663.msg453503#msg453503

Send me a PM and I will text you with the links, when I fix a pair of minor problems

The game is in Spanish, so... In part is important to know spanish to get to the end! But I will publish a walktrought if is needed!

My interest is not only about bugs, it's too about gameplay
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

Diath

It seems that my artist for my past games will be unable to commit to my next project. As I am not satisfied with my art and would like to focus on other aspects of the game I would like to see if anyone is willing to do background art for me or most of the art aspects of the game in general.

I am not looking for jaw dropping graphics necessarily just pleasant enough to get the job done.

THIS IS A PAID POSITION since I really want this project to get off the ground.

MRollins

Sprite Animator/artist needed. We've had a few people interested but they somehow seem to disappear after they tell you they plan on working on the project.  All of the backgrounds but one are completed and a lot of the sprites are created but the game calls for a lot of unique animations.

Additionally, the game takes place on an alien world in a retro sci fi setting so there's room to stretch creatively.

I am set on completing this game. This will be a paid position and I will take bids on the job. PM me for the animation list/requirements.

Below is a sample sprite and background:

Dave Gilbert

I'd like to get some fresh beta testers to check out a new project we're publishing.  I can't tell you what it is yet, but I will say that it's a commercial sequel to a well-received freeware AGS game.  The game is 100% playable and we are starting testing now.  If anyone is interested, register on the Wadjet Eye Forum and PM me your username.  I'll give you access to the build.

CTxCB

Ok Guys and Gals, I have been planning a Video game for the Past Year or so on and off, Planning how it would be done, I didn't originally choose AGS, But I recently chose AGS When I started devoting time to the Project, The Game is Going to be FMV, Video, Mixed with backgrounds and Puzzles. This game will be Going Commercial, but it will not be sold for that much... Probably $2.99 or so, something cheap... Ok, So, This is what I need...

-I need a Coder/Programmer who is VERY GOOD at coding, (i.e: Can Code a lot of Code that works) Most Scenes will be with PlayVideo and Using .ogv Files, But They would also have to know a lot about rooms and using Sprite Files in place of video, for Character movement, they would also have to be very good at Coding Rooms and Animating Objects, Such as Puzzles, Since they are a Mix of 2D And 3D Objects, this is an Unpaid Job, The Person would be doling it for fun and would get listed in the Credits as the Main Programmer, But would get a cut of Each Game Sold, Probably 20-30%-

If you are Interested, Please PM, Thank you...

steptoe

VERY BAD TASTE requires testers..................

Del spots an alien dragging a victim!

If you have the time to test game for me please PM me

cheers

It's not over until the fat lady sings..

NickyNyce

Hello everyone,

*The Visitor* is almost complete (see games in production thread)

I'm looking for someone to proof read the game for me. If anyone has the time,  please send me a PM.

Happy adventuring

Nickynyce

Alarconte

Searching Nature Background Artist for Galactic Battlefare Part II.

Hi! Meanwhile I'm finishing my first game (some touches here and there) I'm starting to make my second game (is the second part, but the style of the game is completely different.

this is how the game current aspect is:

As you can see, is a Text Adventure, but full of graphics, and movement based in a control pad. the graphics are mine, the natural backdrop is only for the tech work fo the game.

I need a Background artist, Is the only thing I need. The style could be varied, this is a preference of style, some classic Sierra/Lucas nature backgrounds
(like Kingquest IV-VI, Space quest IV-V, or Indiana jones and fate of atlantis...)

All the backgrounds aren't very complicated (there's 16 in total), the most of them are not much detailed nature; the theme is REd-yellowish High-attitude cliffs in an alien world. four or five are cavern interiors.

the backgrounds are 420x265 pixels.

The game will have more backgrounds, but different nature-themed, at first I only seek help for this 15 first simple cliffy backgrounds.

Please, tell me if you one to help in this project.

Thank you!
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

Eigen

Hello AGSers!

I'm posting this here even though the project I'm seeking help for isn't AGS-related at all, but I just know there are many talented people around. So no better place to start my quest of epicness. First of all, I'm looking for an artist so if that's not your speciality read no further (or do, I'm not to tell).

So, I'm working on this game called something or the other and it's kind of like old-school management and tycoon games, think Pizza Tycoon or Theme Hospital. It's about running your chain of restaurants in a fictional city during a one-year competition. There's slightly more story to that but that's not important right now. So far I've been chuckling along quite nicely doing all game-design, programming, music and art myself but lately I haven't had as much time as before (job and whatnot). And recently I came to realize my art sucks. I'll show a few screenshots below. I think I can draw but I feel it's not good enough for the final product and I want it to be as good as possible, because I do hope to sell a few copies. Plus I recently decided having black outlines (or any strong outline at all) is not the style I want and I don't have the energy in me to redo the graphics already done. It's not a massive game but there will be around 15 backgrounds and quite a lot of UI elements + other misc pieces of graphics.

Result? I want to hire an artist to really take this game to another level visually. I'm looking for someone to do similar style, that is, cartoony and cheerful, fun and funny (you could put little funny details in the backgrounds) but not childish.

If you think you want to and could do that, contact me, show me some of your previous works and maybe do a quick sketch of the direction you'd take it artistically and if I like it we'll discuss it further and agree on the fee. I'm not the richest person alive so I might not be able to give you a million up front but I'm sure we can figure out some deal (a royalty deal maybe?)

(Click for full sized image)

Take care,
Eigen

Lord Hemlock

Hey folks, Hemlock here,

I'm obviously a bit of newbie around here, but I'm determined to get my game off the ground, no skimping.  The only problem is, I don't have the artistic talent to bring those images to life.  But more on that later.  For now, here is the game.

You heard the rumors about the mansion.  Screams at night, the flickering lights, the unearthly howls.  So what made you go there in the first place?  Was it the envelope that arrived at your doorstep?  Was it the weeping widow that hired you to investigate?  Or was it the pull at your soul, that tug on your very being towards that place, that drove you to the predicament that you're in?  There's only one way to get out... and that's to keep going in...

For those of you who read this before and wondered why it's different (which I assume is a grand total of no one) I got an epiphany when I was at work, and the story, the setting, and the ideas in my head just made me want to change this into a horror style, more serious vein of a game.  This allowed me to jump much deeper into the story, the plot, and the writings of the mythos within.  This WILL be done, come hell or high water. 

I've also got quite a few interesting play style changes that you don't see very much of in an adventure game.  I'm integrating a "if you don't need it, you can't pick it up" method of item collection.  This will eliminate the continual item hoarding that always seems to occur.  Not only that, when and if you need to go back to a room to find something, this will give the game an opportunity to open the player's eyes to more story.  Another thing I'm going to try to do, which isn't so much unheard of in the adventure genre as much as it is in the modern day horror, is to go for a no or little blood scenario.  You see all of the gore and filth through all the modern movies.  But why?  I want to create that creeping fear that you get without having to see nothing but blood and guts everywhere.  Granted I may have to throw it in every now and then for a few suspense aspects, but it's in no way going to be a center point.

So you're thinking, what do I get from working with this new guy?  You'll get a scripter who is willing to take an idea or concept and work on the code over and over and over until it works perfectly.  Because practice makes perfect, but obsession makes better.

Now, for those of you who are still interested, here are the kinds of people I would love to have join me on this project.

1.  An artist for sprites.  I'm going for the lo-res style.  Nice and dark and gritty.  I'm   

2.  A similarly styled artist for backgrounds.

3.  An animator, unless applicants 1 and/or 2 want to take care of that as well.

4.  Someone to do the sprites for the inventory items as well.

I know I'm asking a lot considering I don't have much to show for it, but I'm willing to take all the time it takes to make this work.  I'm not going to release a shoddy project, I want something that people will enjoy.  Just let me know at browndj3@gmail.com or just shoot me a PM here.  Thanks!

m0ds

ART COMPETITION, can you design a poster for Mr Barack Obama?

QuoteObama for America is seeking poster submissions from artists across the country illustrating why we support President Obama's plan to create jobs now, and why we'll re-elect him to continue fighting for jobs for the next four years.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/artworks-submission

KatieHal

Hello everyone! I'm Katie Hallahan from Phoenix Online Studios, makers of The Silver Lining.

Episode 4 of TSL is releasing soon, and we've got some other exciting projects coming up quickly on the horizon, and we are looking to add some new people to our team! We are currently looking to fill the following positions:

Environment Artist
    Associate Producer / Production Coordinator
    Animator
    Video Editor
    Audio Editor
    HR Representative
    Level Designer
    Cinematic Editor
    Web Developer/Designer
    Tech Artist

Full descriptions of some of these can be found on our Jobs page, and the others will be up there soon. If you'd like to apply, please send a resume to jobs@postudios.com; if you have any questions, please ask away and we'll do our best to answer them!

AnasAbdin

hey all...
I'm looking for people with voice acting talents. please follow the link for more details:

http://anas-tronaut.blogspot.com/2011/10/sign-up-your-voice-talent.html

I will only accept youtube submissions. if you're shy, don't submit at all (sorry).

m0ds

3D artist - paid

Small production company looking for a Cinema 4D artist for the month of November. Needs to help create a series of videos with simple iconic media graphics.

200 GBP per day

Please email info@dhpstudios.com with your CV and examples of previous work

steptoe

Hi

I need a tester for "SINBAD and the Island of Korkus.. "

Sinbad faces a cyclops!

Please PM me for download.

Cheers

It's not over until the fat lady sings..

Nikolas

3d artist - short gig

Hi,

I'm looking for someone who is good with any 3d software (I think).

I have a couple of jpg images, of a score (printed directly from the software where they were created). I want these images\jpgs to look like in a book, so with curves, lightning, shadow, blurry the back, etc...

I would imagine that if one creates the right 'shape' on the back and applies the jpgs as textures this would be rather 'easy' (<-so says the ignorant... ;D).

Any takers, please?

And I kinda need it fast... Heh...

Thanks

Contact through PM. My homepage is still bigbluecup for the past 6 years or so... ;)

Nikolas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk