AGS AWARDS 2008 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Started by Pumaman, Fri 02/01/2009 21:43:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Layabout

Wow, that was really easy.

Vote Ben Jordan for President... uh I mean the AGS Awards!
I am Jean-Pierre.

kaputtnik

Hey - I am clearly logged in, as you can see, but in none of the four browsers (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, IE) I have tried I seem to be able to go to the nominations page, it always keeps on telling me to log in - ironically, it then redirects me to the forums and I am logged in again...
I, object.

Pumaman

Quote from: kaputtnik on Sun 04/01/2009 13:57:41
Hey - I am clearly logged in, as you can see, but in none of the four browsers (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, IE) I have tried I seem to be able to go to the nominations page, it always keeps on telling me to log in - ironically, it then redirects me to the forums and I am logged in again...

Heh oops, that's what happens when you move the forums to a new server but not the games page!

EDIT: Ok, the games page has now been moved to the new server. I have updated the first post in this thread with the new URL for the nominations page.

AsimosVagan

Hi,

Am I obliged to nominate all the games that I want at once or can I go back anytime I want and include more nominations?

bicilotti

Quote from: AsimosVagan on Mon 05/01/2009 21:14:14
Hi,

Am I obliged to nominate all the games that I want at once or can I go back anytime I want and include more nominations?

First one you've said.

Pumaman

Correct, you get once chance to submit the page, so make sure you nominate all the games that you want to at that time.

Nominations are still open for another 8 days, so there's plenty of time to check the list of registered games on that page and try them out before actually submitting your nominations.

Pumaman

Just bumping this to make sure everybody notices it.

5 days left to get your nominations in, if you haven't done so already!

SSH

Thanks to Mr Jones for single-handedly running this while I was building snowmen in Spain. I would claim some part, but my contribution consisted solely of "Please do X for me, CJ" and "Wow, what you did is great, CJ".  :=

And to everyone else:
VOTE NOW! especially in the Sound Effects and Demo categories which are running a bit short on the old vote front.

m0ds

What's the projected date for the awards SSH?

Dualnames

Hope there's some kind of game(that's the way the awards were presented last year via game) like last year...Cheers.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 14/01/2009 12:21:35
Hope there's some kind of game(that's the way the awards were presented last year via game) like last year.

I second that. There was something inexplicably nifty about watching all those characters accept awards. Especially giant Nelly terrorizing all the smaller sprites.

- Ponch

zabnat

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 14/01/2009 15:59:14
Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 14/01/2009 12:21:35
Hope there's some kind of game(that's the way the awards were presented last year via game) like last year.

I second that. There was something inexplicably nifty about watching all those characters accept awards. Especially giant Nelly terrorizing all the smaller sprites.

- Ponch
I have to disagree. Somehow watching that "game" made me think of the idiom "watching grass grow". And I mean that literally, I mean watching grass grow in timelapse is very fascinating. But in that presentation (IIRC) you couldn't even skip dialogs, so I never watched it to the end.

SSH

Quote from: zabnat on Wed 14/01/2009 17:27:33
I have to disagree. Somehow watching that "game" made me think of the idiom "watching grass grow". And I mean that literally, I mean watching grass grow in timelapse is very fascinating. But in that presentation (IIRC) you couldn't even skip dialogs, so I never watched it to the end.

This year there will actually be some gameplay, and if you finish the game you actually win an AGS award... ;) Seriously, though, we've already had this discussion

m0ds

Yes and there will be a live "dont be a fat lazy slob who downloads it 8 days later" ceremony in #ags too!! :P

So what's the date? I swear Dualnames is permenantly drunk. I know people don't understand ME, but jeeesus, I don't understand a single sentance that guy says :P When is the award announcement date?

SSH

It's a secret

Spoiler

I don't know
[close]

Layabout

I enjoyed the 'live' irc ceremony's when they were in their heyday. And yes, I believe I was a co-host back in the day, and it was hard work let me tell you. Several hours, stupid o'clock in the morning (this was before I moved to England), because DG did it GMT, to get the biggest audience numbers. There was a great amount of planning that went into it. And I still didn't win the p3n1sh award for Dickboy, the ultimate p3n1sh no effort game.

I miss the p3n1sh award.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Dualnames

Quote from: Mods on Wed 14/01/2009 17:52:58
Yes and there will be a live "dont be a fat lazy slob who downloads it 8 days later" ceremony in #ags too!! :P

So what's the date? I swear Dualnames is permenantly drunk. I know people don't understand ME, but jeeesus, I don't understand a single sentance that guy says :P When is the award announcement date?

Don't worry Mods.. sometimes I make sentences that really don't make sense at all, and that's when I'm sober :-*. When I'm drunk, I have trouble typing without falling from the chair. 8)

Edit: Forgot to ask, if there's an IRC AGS ceremony sort, has it been scheduled? (I  fear this has been already asked)

Edit2: Forgot to think before asking..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

m0ds

I can't really schedule an IRC meet until I get a rough idea at least of when the awards are ready to be announced..

Dualnames

By the way, your previous post explains why people never take any notice of my posts.. They don't get them...Thanksy Modsy you saved me from a lot of spended money in my phychologist. ::)

Ok, I must be drunk..permanently..Man sometimes I post like an idiot.

Layabout

Quote from: Mods on Fri 16/01/2009 09:33:24
I can't really schedule an IRC meet until I get a rough idea at least of when the awards are ready to be announced..

We could just hold it tomorrow night and make up the winners like they do on Top Gear. Who needs democracy?
I am Jean-Pierre.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk