King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown Version 4.0

Started by AGD2, Sat 17/01/2009 15:34:57

Previous topic - Next topic

AGD2

Hey, guys,

Today, AGD Interactive has released Version 4.0 of the King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown Remake, to accompany our new website launch and makeover at: www.AGDInteractive.com

The screenshots below show Version 4.0's enhanced backgrounds (top), compared to the same backgrounds in Sierra's EGA remake and the AGI original.

VERSION 4.0 FEATURES
---------------------------------
This version includes many new features. Some of the main ones are:

-Fully enhanced backgrounds.
  Every screen have been completely re-edited and re-detailed to Sierra-quality.

-New dialog pictures
  Redrawn and edited to a higher level of quality.

-A new professionally narrated voice track for all in-game comments
  A major feature that was lacking from previous versions.

-Lip-synced character speech.
  For added detail and voice enhancement.

-A new (optional) "No Dead-Ends" gameplay mode.
  Designed to be kinder to new players so that they cannot get hopelessly stuck.

-Ogg Theora movies/cutscenes
  For smaller filesize and also better Linux & Mac compatibility.

-Speech & Music Packs now included as part of the download.

...And more!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For in-depth information, you can check out the forum thread here at the AGDI forums.

You can also visit the new game site to download your Enhanced copy of King's Quest I Version 4.0 today! The download filesize is 102 MB.

Enjoy!

Gilbert

AGD2

QuoteDoes it never end?

At this point, that's what I'd like to know too!  :-\

Ah well... onto the next one.

Anteater

Sweet! I'm definitely going to download this one. The "no dead ends" option is genius! I hate games with dead ends. The graphics look beautiful, by the way.

Play_Pretend

This looks phenomenal!  Downloading now...

Leon

Playing as I (or they) speak... WOW!
Played the original not too long ago... great job!
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Azure

www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LGM

I was WONDERING why I couldn't find this anywhere on your site earlier. Sneaky!

Hah. So when is 2 going to be re-released with all the new fanciness?
You. Me. Denny's.

Domino

Played it earlier this afternoon. Pure Awesomeness!!!

edit: I really wish Ken & Roberta Williams would make a game in AGS.

Erpy

QuoteHah. So when is 2 going to be re-released with all the new fanciness?

The revamped 2 will be re-released when it's done. Bet you didn't see that one coming.

KuroShiro

Nice.

I can't wait for you guys to finally finish #2, though probably for different reasons than most.

I can't wait, because then you'll finally be able to apply your considerable talents to creating some more original work.  ;D
"What's it made of?" "Cyanide and Happiness." "Happiness? Hot damn, I'll take 4!"

Laukku

Wow!  :o Downloaded and played some. I love the new dark forest and witch house! The colouring makes them so creepy!
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
>WIN GAME
Congratulations! You just won! You got 0 out of 500 points.

Domino

I just finished the game with 132 out of 158 points.  It was great.

The last time I beat KQ1, i believe i was about 11 years old.

Great Job Guys & Gals.. :)

Stupot

Cool. Looks gorgeous.
Downloading now. :)
I've been trying, in recent weeks, to get through some of the old classics that I've yet to play (been playing Loom this weekend), so I may as well play this version of King's Quest as it's there.

Leon

Playing this one along, I noticed that, while playing without the possibility of getting stuck or reaching a dead end, I paid a visit to the ginger bread house. The witch caught me, turned me into a Graham Cracker (how witty  ;D) and now I get the message: restart, restore or quit....

Eeehhh... is that what should happen?

Layabout

I am Jean-Pierre.

MusicallyInspired

Quote from: Leon on Mon 19/01/2009 02:20:50
Playing this one along, I noticed that, while playing without the possibility of getting stuck or reaching a dead end, I paid a visit to the ginger bread house. The witch caught me, turned me into a Graham Cracker (how witty  ;D) and now I get the message: restart, restore or quit....

Eeehhh... is that what should happen?
No dead ends doesn't mean not dying ;). It just means you can't get stuck in a position where you're alive and can't continue on (ie- can't complete the game) without the item you forgot, or lost, or the chance you missed, or whatever.
Buy Mage's Initiation OST (Bandcamp)
Buy Mage's Initiation (Steam, GOG, Humble)

Leon

I had a completely other view with the text:
Quote from: the gameThe game will be fully playable from beginning to end and you will never get into a situation where you are forced to restart from the beginning.

So what's my situation then?

Gilbert

Well, that means, there are no walking deads in the game, but it does not mean you cannot die in the game.

Dying in a game is not a walking dead, as you can always restore a game you saved at any point before the player got killed, provided you have a game saved. If you don't have the usual habit of 'save early, save often' when playing an adventure game you are still forced to restart the game, whereas for walking deads or dead ends you must restore a game which was saved at some point before you did something wrongly, any save games made after the wrong action are useless.

Giving the player a chance to back up his last stupid move is a good idea though (like in LSL6), but I don't think it is mandatory in adventure games. It is there as a gift.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk