Good bye Bush...Hello Obama

Started by Domino, Sun 18/01/2009 01:11:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino

This is a time for change...I am so Happy for a new President. Things can only get better.

Lets hope that Obama can really turn this country around and hopefully bring the economy back to life.

edit: Sorry for the lack of substance in my original post.

Mr Jake

They could always stay the same

Dualnames

Gen-Gen. Ah..indieboy is right.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ultra Magnus

Meet the new boss.
Same as the old boss.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

lo_res_man

Quote from: Ultra Magnus on Sun 18/01/2009 02:17:45
Meet the new boss.
Same as the old boss.
Amen.
Seriously, it is great that Obama is president and all, and I am hopeful he will do his best, but their is only so much he can do. Just because this is a great victory for the human rights movement, does not mean Obama is any less of a politician then Dubya. He may be a good politician, he may in fact be a great political leader, but one doesn't become president without making some compromises. It's the nature of the game. There is no such thing as a magical black man.
People are people.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Mr Flibble

The machine is the same, all the congressmen, senators, officials, problems, and solutions. The man who gets the blame isn't really important.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Yep, welcome to 8 years ago all over again.  The President just happens to have a different skin color and very little experience.  I'm sure he'll do his best to do absolutely everything he's told by his CFR masters.

lo_res_man

Quote from: ProgZmax on Sun 18/01/2009 07:00:41
Yep, welcome to 8 years ago all over again.  The President just happens to have a different skin color and very little experience.  I'm sure he'll do his best to do absolutely everything he's told by his CFR masters.
On the bright side, Obama seems to have a slightly better grasp of the English language.
Though, who knows, we may be in for some Obama-nable mangling of the English language.;D
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Nacho

Ho, ho! How pessimism do I notice! come on, America voted for the possiblity of a change, let' s give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Stupot

I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to offer.
I'm sure he'll be tested soon - Al-Quaeda have been rather quiet lately.

voh

I hope he can turn things around and make life better for Americans. Y'all deserve some reprieve after Dubya. And, of course, I hope that as a result of that, things in the rest of the world can also improve.

Whether you like the States or not, when America is healthy, the entire west benefits from it.

I think the guy has a hell of a job in store. I wish him all the best :)
Still here.

DanielH

British person here, so uneducated opinion coming up.

The problem as I see it is that of most governments- competition.

The Republicans generally have opposing thoughts on how america should be run to Democrats. So when a Republican is in office, and when something goes wrong, (It always does) the country will be more biased towards the democrats next election. Most people voted against the Republicans last year, rather than for the Democrats. When the Democrat takes over, he promises to undo the damage caused by the Republican. But something goes wrong, and the country goes republican next election. A republican who promises to undo the Democrat's mistakes... and the cycle continues. The war between the two parties mean nothing actually gets done.

Personally, I wish Obama good luck (as I would have voted for him, were I american, and old enough. :-\) and I hope he does well. The only way to tell is to wait. He'll never do what he promised in four years, or maybe even eight years. That's another problem- each president needs his successor to work with him, rather than against him, otherwise absolutely nothing will be done.

woot52

even if he does screw it all up HE CAN'T DO WORSE THAN BUSH!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!one

jetxl

Expensive unpopulair wars.
Economy crash.
Lack of trust in goverment.
Mega volcano under Yellowstone park.
No wonder you people are depressed.
I, for one, am looking forward to the new american administration. Not only does Obama look more responsible and diplomatic than that drunk ever did, he also looks like a person that acually reads documents himself (instead of sliding that task to someone else).

TerranRich

Barack Obama is just a clone of George W. Bush... with different hair, skin, eyes, nose, mouth, etc. Bush Jr. = Clinton. Clinton = Bush Sr. Bush Sr = Reagan, et al. They're all the same exact person, cloned, with the same policies, the same opinions.

You're all absolutely right.

Stupot

Quote from: jetxl on Sun 18/01/2009 23:44:24
...he also looks like a person that acually reads documents himself (instead of sliding that task to someone else).

Yes... but... can Obama read upside-down?
This was Bush's forté
http://67.19.222.106/photos/politics/graphics/bushbook.jpg

MrColossal

I think what I'm looking forward to the most with Obama being the EXACT SAME PERSON as George Bush, as most of us here agree... Is continued destruction of the US! I mean Bush is leaving office with a 22% approval rating! I'm sure Obama can do better than that and get into the single digits, YES WE CAN!

When I would listen to Obama and listen to his ideas all I could think is "This man sounds JUST like George Bush!" Which is why I voted for Obama because I loved George Bush so much! [I actually drew a winky face next to Obama/Biden on my ballot because everyone knew I was ACTUALLY voting for Bush]

People would say to vote for McCain if you wanted more George Bush but no sir! We see through all of that! It was Obama that was just like Bush all along! I am so glad we got him in office because it would have been disastrous to get someone different!

Of course the only true politician that ever lived was Ron Paul [GOOGLE RON PAUL! WOO!] and he was the only true politician that was not actually a politician but someone that could actually change this country even though he is a politician like Obama... WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

In a parallel universe I am quite excited to see what will become of the next president and look forward to either some slightly happier times or, if he is worse than the previous president, a swift ejection from office!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

TerranRich

I love how people are saying they think Obama will be just like Bush because he's a politician, they're all evil, et cetera, et cetera... that's like saying "Yuck, I specifically hate strawberry-swirl cheesecake! Then again, I don't like any cheesecake, they all taste gross."

Stupot

Obama is the chocolate cheesecake I take it? :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk