Annie Android: Automated Affection

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sun 25/01/2009 04:15:18

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Annie Android has her eye on that handsome Mailbot, but is shocked to discover that she has been assigned to be another bot's partner!

Help Annie win the heart of Mailbot and defeat the nasty RoboHQ!

BIG thanks to my awesome testers Ghost and Bicilotti (and Sebastian of course)!

Apologies to The Ivy for doing the robots + love thing (I wasn't trying to copy, I swear :P)

More apologies to ProgZmax who tried to give me graphics advice, which I ignored and stuck with the 6 colour palette  :-[

Get the game here!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Very cute!  I especially liked the animations.  Well done!

Peder 🚀

Hey!

Just finished it ;D.
A nice short game !
Lovely music, nice GFX and a cute story!

Congrats on releasing it! ;D.

Mantra of Doom

Great game! I love the limited palette and the humor.

But I'm stuck at the part with the
Spoiler
assassinbots. In my inventory, I have the tech support tool, the waterfruit, the CHAOS HAMMER 7000 and the virus. Annie doesn't seem to want to use any of these items.
[close]
Did I miss anything?
"Imitation is the sincerest form of imitation."

kaputtnik

MantraofDoom:

Spoiler
Take a closer look at the Assassinbots - their animation is hiding their weak spots.
[close]

And now I will throw my hands up in joy - finally another released game!
I, object.

bicilotti

Handshake Ben and Sebastian, a very cute game!

Also, I'm singing AA song for over a day now :P

Helme

Very charming.

But i got stuck, too.
Spoiler
i just deactivated the assasinbots. But i can't get past the guardbot
[close]

Babar

Hahaha....awesome! You actually did it!

Great game. Viva la RoboRevolution! I wanted to play it full screen, but it gave me an error everytime after the first screen showed (and created a CrashInfo dump file, which I can upload if you want), so I had to play it 3x windowed.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Leon

Great game! Congratulations with another fine release.

When I use the plant in my house:
Spoiler
This plant serves no purpose save for pure decoration.
[close]
Is it me or a typo? (rethorical: me of course)
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Galen

I think it's just you. The typos are all in your head man  :o

ThreeOhFour

ProgZ: Because I worship your animations, your comment means a lot to me! Thanks! :D

Peder: Thanks man! AND, I forgot to say before ( :-[) a BIG thanks to you for being the host with the most! ;D

MantraofDoom: Thank you, I was unsure how the limited palette would go down, but I am glad I tried it! If you're still stuck, there's a more detailed hint in the Hints & Tips thread :).

Sebastian: Yes, finally, another released game. Hooray!

Bicilotti: You know we couldn't have done it without you! Thanks for being patient during the testing!

Helme: Thank you :). If you're still stuck, take a closer look at the guardbot after you try to use the door. Annie's comment might reveal some information that is not immediately apparent.

Babar: Oh no, I am sorry about the crash! It'd be great if you could upload that crashinfo file for me, because I'd hate to think people couldn't play it fullscreen. And yes, I actually did it :).

Leon: Thanks bud :). I knew you'd find something - I am not sure if that is a typo or not... it seemed to make sense when I was typing it, but I am not so sure now. I think it is just clumsy wording, especially since I probably wrote it after midnight.

To everyone who has played, and especially to everyone who has commented so far:

Thank you!

Galen

Spoiler
Him having inflatable arms? I don't exactly get it.
[close]

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Crazy on Sun 25/01/2009 12:48:21
Spoiler
Him having inflatable arms? I don't exactly get it.
[close]

BIG hint:

Spoiler
When you break the glass, a small shard of glass falls onto the ground. This piece of glass can be picked up. The guardbot has inflatable arms ;).
[close]

Sorry if this is considered a pixel hunt  :-[

Ghost

Congratulations on the release- of a true Ben game: Well crafted, animated, planned! And that has tunes to hum...  ;)

ThreeOhFour

Dear the world,

I would like to point out that Ghost is the man, and that without his scripting advice, this game would have taken far longer to build and been a lot more frustrating for me than it ended up being.

Yours truly,

Ben

;D

Dualnames

Well, great job, promise to play ASAP..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Helme

[/quote]
Sorry if this is considered a pixel hunt  :-[
[/quote]

Spoiler
I tried to pick up the shard before, but didnt find the hotspot, so i thought there was none.
I think nobody can complain, if you slightly increase the size of the hotspot.
[close]

Buckethead

heh cool. I was wondering when you were going to release this.

The way you've put this game together is really something only you can do.

bicilotti

Is Mr. Pfaller music available somewhere? Tomorrow I'm working and I'd really like to have this and man boy's tunes on my ipod

ThreeOhFour

Helme: Thanks for the suggestion, I'm planning an updated version and this will be in it. :)

Buckethead: Thanks - I think that's a compliment ;). Hope you enjoyed it after waiting so long for it!

Bici: I agree, listening to his music whilst working is great (I do it with the Man Boy soundtrack all the time). I will direct his attention to this thread, hopefully he will oblige!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk