Exile... :(

Started by LordHart, Sat 25/01/2003 23:12:56

Previous topic - Next topic

LordHart

God damn, it's a great looking game and all. But it is pissing me off about how to get past the first guard. I saw in another thread that you need to roll the apple past, but it doesn't work for me...

I know that the guy who created doesn't want anyone to write a walkthrough for it, but god damn, how do you do this one part?

- The Ultimo

volmel

Me too.  I can't get past the first guard.  Tried and tried.  I finally just gave up.

Squinky

Har. I had the same problem. We all know what were supposed to do......we just can't do it...
Stupid timing....

LordHart

What do you mean with "stupid timing"? Do you have to do it in a millisecond or something.

Meowster

Okay I don't know how I did it to be honest but I got past and then got ridiculously stuck AGAIN. I know puzzles should be hard but I think it's just one after the other too hard in this game.

Here's two possible ways I got past her:

1. I rolled the first apple, went to the tree and got a second and rolled that. That seemed to mess with her head.

2. I rolled the apple while she was standing RIGHT OVER THE OTHER SIDE, and stood either (a) perfectly still or (b) stood in the shadows of the trees.

I have no idea how I did it, but I spent ages at it, only to walk up the damn stairs and be STUCK again.

jrp

ok people, here is what you do.
Spoiler

you must distract the guard by throwing the apple to trigger the alarm. BUT if the guard sees you, she will know something´s up, so you must hidein the shadows before she finds you. After that, when she is with her back at you, you must silentlly kill her
[close]

I can´t believe it is so hard

LordHart

Yay! I got past it! ;D

Enlaithion

:o

How did you do it?  I try to roll the fruit, but she always moves to the same spot to do it.  Then I get caught.  After she rolls it, I don't get my cursor back, so I can't hide.  Is there a specific position the guard must be in?

jrp

Spoiler

It's not about position but of distance.

You need to hide, so the guard must not see you hiding.

[close]

Enlaithion

Can you save in this game??

Distance?  Usually I use the fruit w/ the blinking box (alarm).  Is there something else?

Also, when do I get a chance to hide?  When I click the fruit on the alarm, my character walks to a location, and I don't get controll again until after I get caught.  Do I have to wait until the guard is far away and not looking?  Then hide back at the beginning of the screen?

Thanx,
Enlaith

LordHart

Spoiler
You have to roll the fruit and then hide in the darkness near the beginning in the dark spot. Walk into it, and the guard will start... well, freaking out a bit. When she walks to the right side of the room, walk over and use the knife on her.
[close]

Enlaithion

Thanx, I'm at the second guard now.

So, does it have something to do w/ backing her into a corner?

Enlaithion

:D

Ok, got it!!  

Spoiler
When you're on the upper level bridge, fire the gun "down."  Then go to the bottom level bridge (w/ the guard).  Your shots will have made small holes in the floor near the middle of the bridge.  Talk to the guard until she's standing on the holes (you have to say the right things).  Then go back up and fire down again.  She'll die.
[close]

Hope this helps!

Enlaith

jrp

Yes, you can save. Pres ESC

jrp

(sorry sent message twice)

Enlaithion

Thanks jrp!

BTW: you said on your site that you were just "refreshing" your knowledge of 3D graphics when you made Exile.  Well, you certainly ended up w/ a beautiful game.  

I can't wait to see what you can do when you're at the top of your game!

Any new projects??

Enlaith

jrp

Thanks Enlaithion.

Sadlly I'm working now, so I have very little free time, yet I'm re-visiting the idea behind Spacegirl.
Yet it will be a while since I release anything.

Enlaithion

This Spacegirl?  http://pc.hotgames.com/games/spaceg/review.htm

Or is it one of your other games?

Enlaith

ratracer

ok, I've been stuck in the same point you all been - but I guess I've enough clues to try again...
thanks!

hey, jrp, "welcome back" - you've been "away", haven't you!

good luck on that space girl - can't wait to see it finished!!! but, please don't make hard action puzzles!

VeryApe

Which shadows, jrp? I've tried them all!

jrp

Spoiler

When you throw the apple, the player walks back near a door. if you walk to the shadows to the left of the door, the player becomes covered by those shadows. She is hidden, so when the guard gets there, she can't see you.
[close]

Not that space Girl. A game I'm makeing that is called spacegirl (check my site)

Enlaithion

Oh ok I see.  Sweet cartoon graphics.  

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Segatron314

Yay! I figured it all out first try, but I am curious if there are alternate endings, it seems the final sequence might have many solutions.

The ending I saw got me interested in the future of this game.

Between this and the Digital spell, I give you high marks for style.

BTW as for the digital spell, I tried many ways to use that spell I learned from the light in the archway.  Was it a someting that never got into the game, or a possibility for a happier ending.

BTW2:

I hate to copy people, but ever since I played the Digital spell, I have had this idea of making a sprite game using sonic the hedgehog, using chaos emeralds the same way as notes in Loom.

I haven't decided whether I will do it or not, but will you feel violated if I try?

TheRaven

No offense, but.....geee, how do I put it in a polite way. How about this, "I am always amazed how a game with so much potential, great graphics and art along with an interesting storyline.......can still have such a uncreative "low budget", if you will, ending". I thought you had the potential to do a much better than a backscreen of a spaceship and words for 2 minutes. Good luck ony any future projects :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk