Lapaset 2009 - CANCELLED!

Started by Ubel, Sat 31/01/2009 18:40:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubel

The following post contains outdated information. Sadly Lapaset 2009 is actually cancelled.

Last year people seemed to be busy with all sortsa stuff so Lapaset failed to be arranged. Well, it's gonna be back this year, assuming enough people are interested.

To those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Lapaset is the Finnish equivalent for Mittens. It's an AGS meeting that was first arranged in 2006 by Haddas in his home in Liljendal and the following year it was co-hosted by Visy and Tuomas in Tampere. It is not yet confirmed but it's likely to be arranged in Liljendal again this year. It has been confirmed! Lapaset 2009 will be held in Liljendal, Finland.

Most Finnish regulars and some folks from outside of Finland have already shown keen interest in going this year. Anyone is welcome! If you want to join the fun please post in this topic! I will gather a list of all the confirmed attendees in this post. You can also post any questions you might have.

Date: Monday, 8th June - Sunday, 14th June
Place: Liljendal, Finland. Haddas' parents' house.

Discuss! :D

List of attendees:

Confirmed attendees
  • Haddas
  • Pablo
  • zabnat
    Ishmael

Most probably gonna be there
  • Haddas
  • Pablo
  • Ishmael
  • Wham
  • Tuomas

More or less interested
  • GarageGothic
  • zabnat
  • DutchMarco
  • Peder Johnsen
  • Pet Terry (Petteri)
  • Creed_Malay
  • Shinan

Ishmael

Me and my choatic presense can be expected to be sighted and suffered on the scene.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

GarageGothic

I'm definitely interested if I can find a cheap flight to Helsinki - I have some friends there, so maybe I could stay with them and explore the city for a couple of days before coming to Lapaset. Any idea how much it would cost to get from Helsinki to Liljendal? I was trying to look up trains, but there wasn't any station listed for Liljendal.

Edit: OK, I found information on how to get there by bus. Takes about an hour and a half, so that seems manageable.

Haddas

I am certainly interested myself. I would love for everyone of you to come to Liljendal and party with me for a week. I have many fond memories of that year. This year would require even more planning, as well as less planning. Not having a plan suited everyone fine the last time around. I'll have to hear with my parents (it is their house, after all) about a million nerds cramming into their house again. There's still plenty of time for people to show interest and decide on whether or not to come. In fact, I'll need to see what sort of interest is shown towards Lapaset for me to properly plan the event.

There will be charred burgers.

zabnat

I'd be probably interested. But it ofcourse depends on the schedule, length and if you promise to be nice to me ;D.

WHAM

Could be fun! Count me in!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

DutchMarco

Believe it or not, but I've never been to Finland. I do have some music from there (shame Petri Walli killed himself - I really liked Kingston Wall, but Hidria Spacefolk are good too). So put me on the "interested" list.

Creed Malay

I'd love to do this if I could possibly afford it.
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Peder 🚀

I am with this post showing my interest in coming to Lapaset!

Haddas

My dad said "Oh the guys from the internet that were here a few years back? Why not?".

So then I asked my mother and she said "Ofcourse they can. Worked fine two years ago."

So I guess it won't work this year then :(... Unless I've misunderstood my parents somehow

Ubel

Date proposition! Haddas and I have been chatting and decided the following dates could be good for Lapaset 2009.

Friday, 12th June - Thursday, 18th June

Discuss!

Tuomas

Well, as for me, I've got a job for the summer, but it doesn't require a location, so in case my girlfriend gets a job in helsinki, that's where I'll be spending my summer. With that, anyone who's coming here by plane shall be helped about by me. And it it so happens, I might just drag my girl with me. But at the moment, well. Expect me to join with onyl a small if there. It might be hard to leave on a long trip if I was in Jyväskylä at the time. And because a laptop is a laptop despite its location, I'll be ok with times between 1st may and 1st September, but not the whole time :D

Also, bloody yay for Lapaset again. Expect two guitars and flutes and mouthorgans to be there. And pongos too!

zabnat

Nothing wrong with the date. But I probably cannot afford to be away from the work during the week, so I might have to settle for a weekend package. But who knows, maybe I don't have a job anymore in the summer. ;D

Ishmael

The dates crash in nicely with my university entrance examns...

But oh well! I wouldn't get in anyway.

(But if it turns out feasible to move them around, it's the 15th)

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Tuomas

Actually now that you mentioned, I have exams too. Perhaps a little later in the summer? The last half of June is the tough part.

Haddas

How about even earlier in june? Or later. You suggest.

Ishmael

8th to 14th? A whole free week for me there. Or on from the 16th then.

zabnat

Week 25 (15th-21st) could be a problem for some who have something planned for midsummer.

Haddas

Quote from: zabnat on Tue 10/02/2009 06:25:18
Week 25 (15th-21st) could be a problem for some who have something planned for midsummer.

Exactly. I'm trying to have it end before midsummer. alternatively have it completely after midsummer. There are midsummer plans.

WHAM

Any time is as bad as any, as I'm working on ALL saturdays from this week on...

But heck, I'll make at least some sort of appearance, that's for sure!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk