Bug in Kings Quest I v. 4

Started by emmabich, Sat 24/01/2009 17:14:15

Previous topic - Next topic

emmabich

Downloaded the game, when I tried to "open" it I got this message:

---------------------------
Illegal exception
---------------------------
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x0052F55F ; program pointer is -3, ACI version 3.11.1057, gtags (2634,21)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)

I wasn't doing anything else on the computer as it was suggested I close all other Windows.  This was the only thing running.
I'm going to try uninstalling and try again.  Just thought you should know about this.

p.s. I am definately not a computer wiz, and I don't understand any "computer talk", so any suggestions anyone has for me will have to be "dumbed down" into laymens terms.

Thanks again!

Anteater

Looks like a null pointer. Make sure your install is not corrupt. Try re-downloading it.

Pumaman

Can you look in the game folder, and see if there is a file with a name like "CrashInfo.3.11.1057.dmp"? If so, would you be able to upload it?

Which version of Windows are you using -- XP or Vista?

shrff

I had the same problem.  I re-downloaded and re-installed the game and the identical error message came up again.  I am running XP.  Bad times...

Pumaman

Then I ask you the same question, can you upload the crash dump file?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk