AGS 3.1.2 Final - Obama Edition

Started by Pumaman, Sun 04/01/2009 00:02:55

Previous topic - Next topic

woot52

no no no... I mean ALL the games I download won't work unless I set the resolution to 600x400... then when I try to make a game with 600x400 I can't test it, it only works with 320x200, THEN when I compile it, it doesn't work

even when the downloads work in 600x400, they take like 30 seconds to start, and they keep flashing on the screen before even working

Khris

Dualnames:
In case A the return will always be executed. The compiler doesn't care about line breaks.
Case A is equivalent to:
Code: ags
if (player.Room==12)  cEgo.Say("Ok.");
return;

if (player.Room==12) {
  cEgo.Say("Ok.");
}
return;

if (player.Room==
12)  cEgo.Say("Ok."); return;

woot52:
Run the winsetup.exe and either set the filter to x2 or play the game windowed (using x3).
Downloaded games could have been made with older (or really, really old) versions, so if there's no filter option, playing the game windowed is a safe bet.
Only change the resolution as a last resort.
Recent gfx cards and Vista don't support 320/fullscreen btw.

woot52

Pumaman

Ok, 3.1.2 Final is now up in installer-only format. If no serious issues are found, this will become the official 3.1.2 release -- so please, make sure your games still work!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Thanks for that backwards compatibility fix, CJ.  It will give me some time to fix all the inventory items :).  Oh, and I can verify that the sprite importer seems to be selecting whichever transparent index was saved in the gif now.  My sprites with palette index 255 reserved for transparency are importing perfectly.

Dualnames

I'm afraid I still haven't got the time to check AGS 3.1.2...due to time-related issues..I'll give it a shot asap though.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

freshpaint

I'm glad you put this new (3.12 final) out there.  I'd been using 3.12 RC1, had just created a new room (my first in many releases!) and found many problems with highlighting/erasing hotspots, walkables, walkbehinds, etc.  I'd been about ready to post some bugs when the new version appeared.  Thanks!

So far, the latest ("Final") seems to have fixed the marking/unmarking problems I'd had.  Will be working on the room today and will report back as soon as I can if I find anything new.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk