AGS 3.1.2 SP1 now released!

Started by Pumaman, Tue 03/02/2009 20:07:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumaman

Quote from: JpSoft on Fri 10/04/2009 15:35:55
- BlockingHeight() and BlockingWidth() do not work properly.

Can you be more specific? What doesn't work, exactly?

Quote- PauseGame() do not works with GUI buttons animations.

This is by design (you usually use PauseGame when you pop up a GUI, so this allows animations to run on that GUI). However I will update the manual to mention this, to avoid any confusion.

Quote- If you place 2 characters in the same point at the same loop, the second one will become static (it minds, you will be unable to move him after that)

What do you mean, exactly? Can you provide an example?

Dualnames

Quote from: Pumaman on Fri 10/04/2009 15:04:13
QuoteLeon asked me this. Thing is I haven't changed anything that would cause that.. is there a reason for that? I have the two beta versions (one that didn't show the problem and the last one that shows it)

What resolution is the game set to in your General Settings pane in the editor?

640x480

Quote from: Pumaman on Fri 10/04/2009 15:04:13
QuoteLeon asked me this. Thing is I haven't changed anything that would cause that.. is there a reason for that? I have the two beta versions (one that didn't show the problem and the last one that shows it)

The acsetup.cfg file in your latest version is invalid, which is causing the problem. You might have deleted it by accident and then run WinSetup, which would have created an invalid one.

Go back into the editor and do a Build EXE, it should generate you a new acsetup.cfg file that should work properly.

I've done that. Now I'm awaiting for Leon to tell us.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

abstauber

Hi,

here's a small bug:
When using a custom dialog GUI, the numbers from "auto-number speech lines" are being shown. This happens only with dialog options, not the following dialog itself.

edmundito

I found some syntax nastyness on the empty template that comes with 3.1 (not sp1, but I'm assuming it remains the same):

Code: ags

// called when a key is pressed. keycode holds the key's ASCII code
function on_key_press(eKeyCode keycode) 
{
}
#sectionend on_key_press  // DO NOT EDIT OR REMOVE THIS LINE

there exits no #sectionstart for the on_key_press trigger function!

Didn't we get rid of those on 3.0, I thought? Sorry, my mind is still on 2.7. :)

Also, minor thing, but I noticed that the global script for the default game has inconsistencies on the braces. Sometimes they open after the function, and sometimes they open on the new line. Just sayin'...
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Ryan Timothy B

Didn't know where else to post this.  I just got my computer up and running, finally, and I just downloaded AGS 3.1.2 SP1 from the website and when I try to run it I get:

Quote---------------------------
C:\Program Files\Adventure Game Studio 3.1.2 SP1\AGSEditor.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

---------------------------
OK   
---------------------------

And I've reinstalled it a few times and still get the message.  Has the file on the server been changed?
Maybe I just need to restart my computer, I did just install sound drivers.  :-\

Ishmael

I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Ryan Timothy B

I installed the .NET framework, but perhaps it wasn't installed properly? I don't know.
I'll try some things out.

(Using XP btw)

EDIT:  Do you need the XP service packs to run 3.1.2?  I haven't installed them yet, nor has it asked me to.  Can't remember the work around to forcing XP to download the service packs either.
Nevermind, I just started the download for the service packs.  Forgot it was in the control panel.

EDIT AGAIN: Ahh.  Ain't that a funny pickle.  Looks like you need to update windows XP just to use AGS.  It's back up and running!
I hate formatting and installing windows. :P

monkey0506

Yes, installing viruses spyware adware er...Windows is the worst part about reformatting a hard drive. :D

Ishmael

The framework might need SP2 or something. Anyway it's good idea to have SP2 atleast anyway.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk