Started by Joe, Sat 07/03/2009 14:02:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

A jewel

It's a shame that it's not freeware, but the demo is long enough to enjoy:

http://www.worldofgoo.com/
Copinstar © Oficial Site

ThreeOhFour

Yeah, I found the demo pretty fun :). Cool idea for a game and some nice challenging levels in there :D.

Snarky

It may not be freeware, but the original, Tower of Goo. is. It started out as an experimental student game, and then when they turned it into a commercial title they renamed it.

I used to play Tower of Goo for ages back in 2006 or whenever it first came out.

Joe

Oh I really knew nothig about it
Copinstar © Oficial Site

ALPHATT

I have the full version of World of Goo pretty fun but really challangeing at times.

The music is very good.
/sig

Gamer_V

It's only 5 euro (and dollar?) on Steam this weekend. Pretty fun game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22000/

blueskirt

I bought and played it during the holidays, when Steam were having their mega sale. I must say that I didn't like the original game, Tower of Goo, at all. I played Tower of Goo for 15 minutes, you try to make the highest tower possible, it falls down, you have your 15 minutes of fun, the best most flash games can achieve, and you quickly forget about it.

So I was very skeptical when I began to play World of Goo, but after playing it for 2 days non stop, it became easily one of the most awesome and original game I played in recent time. The gameplay, the musics, the story, the atmosphere, the graphics... all synergize to create one crazy, original and artful experience that manage to fill you with a sense of childlike wonder. You got a dozen different type of goo ball to play with, you must not only build towers, but bridges and all kind of crazy other structure in order to reach the pipe that bring your goo balls to the next level. I wholeheartedly suggest that game to everyone who haven't played it yet. When I bought it I thought 10 bucks for 2 days in a row of non-stop joy was a good ratio, if you have the chance to buy it for 5 bucks, do so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk