HOTU is more dead

Started by blueskirt, Tue 17/02/2009 09:18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamM

His, her, what's the difference?

Snarky

Your parents can explain it to you.

Trent R

In writing, you're supposed to put 'him' if you don't know the sex. At least, that's how it is over here in America....

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

Privateer Puddin'

huh, turns out my third year project supervisor is in charge of bringing it back

SpacePirateCaine

I dunno, I was burned pretty badly by HOTU's draconian 'no simultaneous downloads' policy, which got me sitebanned on more than one occasion for no apparent reason (Which I think had something to do with having broadband before broadband was widely used). I kinda stopped visiting the site a good 8 or so years ago when it just got too frustrating and I felt there were better alternatives for the services that HOTU rendered in the first place.

Honestly, I think the only reason I even ate up any of their bandwidth in the last however many years was related to RoN. This isn't to say that I think the site deserved to go down, but I definitely approve of some of the ideas that they (I think is the proper asexual term) came up with for a refurbishing of the project regarding wiki-style content, open uploading and what-have-you.

Hopefully the site as a resource will be brought back in some form. A lot of useful information was hosted there, I'm sure, and you can never have too many reviews of games that you're not sure if you want to bother playing or not.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

blueskirt

Personally it's the reviews that kept me revisiting HOTU rather than the downloads. Downloads I have no troubles to find, but reviews of games, may they be old or recent, PC or console, professional or indie, as long they were good games and overshadowed by other titles, now that's something you don't see everywhere. I am glad to see all this information will not be lost after all.

Leon

It seems that the RON-games are also gone from the backup....

Quotehello. everything is currently dead, hardware explosion and all that. something or other will return presently

Luckilly I was in time to make backup.  :-\
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk